Kansas City plant are they up and running

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
If you got a production date and a new ETA you made it down the line.
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Even if it doesn't show "built" in the tracker?
As far as I know, yes, but I could be wrong. Just going based off of what I've seen, and it just wouldn't make sense for it to get a produced date if the truck truly wasn't produced yet. If it was only partially down the line, then they shut down for 2 weeks, it would seem odd for it to get a "produced" date from 2 before it was actually a "whole" truck. Seems like your blend date marks the start of your build (Parts being loaded onto the line) and produced marks the end when it comes out, which is why they're almost always a day apart.

Built seems to be only applied once it's literally ready to be put on a truck for shipment. Anything installed offsite like wheel/bed liners need to be completed and the truck then needs to check back in from the offsite location before it'll go to Built status.

I wonder if they leave partially built trucks on the line when they do these shutdowns, like literally just hitting "pause" wherever they are at the end of the last shift, or if they schedule it out so they clear all the trucks off the line before the shutdown. Seems like it would make sense to stop with a clean line and not leave anything partially built, but I honestly have no idea, maybe that's less efficient and they do leave stuff sitting there.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
As far as I know, yes, but I could be wrong. Just going based off of what I've seen, and it just wouldn't make sense for it to get a produced date if the truck truly wasn't produced yet. If it was only partially down the line, then they shut down for 2 weeks, it would seem odd for it to get a "produced" date from 2 before it was actually a "whole" truck. Seems like your blend date marks the start of your build (Parts being loaded onto the line) and produced marks the end when it comes out, which is why they're almost always a day apart.

Built seems to be only applied once it's literally ready to be put on a truck for shipment. Anything installed offsite like wheel/bed liners need to be completed and the truck then needs to check back in from the offsite location before it'll go to Built status.

I wonder if they leave partially built trucks on the line when they do these shutdowns, like literally just hitting "pause" wherever they are at the end of the last shift, or if they schedule it out so they clear all the trucks off the line before the shutdown. Seems like it would make sense to stop with a clean line and not leave anything partially built, but I honestly have no idea, maybe that's less efficient and they do leave stuff sitting there.
My blend date was 7/9, sequence 183. I had a similar understanding of the "built" status. For me this is a good thing because I have no extras like bed liners or bed covers so hopefully it flips to Built soon. It will be trucked to the local dealership in KC so the delivery date is probably conservative.
I have no idea if they clear the line before a shutdown either but to me it would make more sense if they didn't so workers near the end of the line would have something to do as soon as the line restarts.

Bigboypants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazdaspeed 6, Gmc Yukon, Nissan Sentra, Ford Focus
So plant is closed for 2 weeks from today?
That means what ever date my dealer is telling me it will be pushed back for another 2 weeks

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
so my buddy's truck ETA just got pushed back 18 more days and truck went into production on 6/21.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
so my buddy's truck ETA just got pushed back 18 more days and truck went into production on 6/21.
From when though? Most June productions seem to have early August ETA’s. Some have started showing up at dealers and some do have July ETA’s. Need context to help everyone stay in the loop.

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
From when though? Most June productions seem to have early August ETA’s. Some have started showing up at dealers and some do have July ETA’s. Need context to help everyone stay in the loop.
Don't know. I follow his truck on the tracker (since my order has been in "order processing' since March)and his truck went into production on 6/21 (been there since) has had an end ETA for 7/21, 8/20, and now 9/7.
Not sure if the wheel well liners and interior work surface are still an issue on top of the chips.

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Morning guys,the tracker still shows mine as in transit with an eta of aug 17 my dealer called me yesterday and told it’s arrived in Ontario and hopefully gets to the dealer today or tomorrow
Palsapp still states it’s in Kansas

Sponsored