Kansas City plant are they up and running

Bri83oct

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Yeah we’re all assuming these are being built and not sent off to wait for chips. They all have ETAs of July/August so it would seem odd sitting trucks would have that. On the flip side, we know the tracker and Palsapp hasn’t been accurate either.
If they are building and sending them to the KC version of "Ramp 59" awaiting chips, I will lose my mind.
Sponsored

Floatman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 500A, 2021 lariat 502A
Occupation
Retired- Livin' the Dream
Have we seen anyone with a 6/14 or 6/21 build week from KC move to "built" yet?

Trying to wrap my head around how they are going to make this work with April and May Blend dates still running through.

With the 7/5 + 7/12 week shutdowns I'm really concerned about my 7/1 blend date. o_O
MY 502A Lariat was built June 15@ KC, moved to Richards Gebaur shipping facility June 18, and then no update since. Slated to arrive in GTA Ontario, Canada 7/24

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 502A Lariat was built June 15@ KC, moved to Richards Gebaur shipping facility June 18, and then no update since. Slated to arrive in GTA Ontario, Canada 7/24
Nice what was your blend date?

Dumore

First Name
Du
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 EB
I've run out of views on the KC Star website. Does the referenced article say the KCAP will shut down for two weeks?

They are currently running three shifts. That would make output upwards of 1200 units/day.

My 5/8 blend, sequence 2552 is still stuck in 1990 but my window sticker updated 6/23.

As bad as a bunch of kids waiting for Christmas! :rolleyes:

I have some relatives who were raised in East Germany. They could order a Lada (crap car with a 2 cycle, 2 cyl air cooled engine), pay $3000 up front in cash and wait 3 years for delivery. Guess we don't have it quite THAT bad.

Du

Sponsored

WoodstockC

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX and GMC Yukon
My KC blend date was 5/7 and has been in production since 4/15. Today I just got an in production update of 6/23 and ETA of 8/8.

Crawfunkle

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duesenberg Model J
Crap if the trucks are not built by next week it will be august before they arrive,not Sure if I even want it anymore.
Any credibility to this article?

Surely after being shut for 6 weeks and only reopening for 2 weeks, they aren't going to shut down for another 2 for "maintenance"

Is it possible that any required maintenance was already done during the last shutdown?

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Any credibility to this article?

Surely after being shut for 6 weeks and only reopening for 2 weeks, they aren't going to shut down for another 2 for "maintenance"

Is it possible that any required maintenance was already done during the last shutdown?
Summer shutdown is a nagotiated vacation between ford and the union,also this is the time when ford makes any repairs maintence or changes at the plant

Sponsored

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

fmozza

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 xlt fx4
Occupation
retired
Anyone see a date stamp on that article? I recall Ford saying previously (4-6 weeks ago) they wouldn’t have a summer shutdown like normal. It was a big todo here in Louisville because of KTP (super duty).

This seems like it could be old news. Fingers crossed. Maybe I’m wishful thinking.
It could well be old news (you'd think they put a publication date on these articles....) There is an April 8 story in the Detroit Free Press that said there would NOT be a summer shutdown. Let's hope this is true.

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Anyone see a date stamp on that article? I recall Ford saying previously (4-6 weeks ago) they wouldn’t have a summer shutdown like normal. It was a big todo here in Louisville because of KTP (super duty).

This seems like it could be old news. Fingers crossed. Maybe I’m wishful thinking.
The way the article gets a few things wrong is what leads me to believe that it is an old article - probably from 2016.

1. It mentions that the plants that are included build the Ford Flex - problem is there is no 2021 Ford Flex. Flex stopped production in 2019.

2. Fords production weeks start Monday - so in 2021 it would be closed July 5th and not July 4th.

The last time 7/4 was on a Monday would have been 2016. A year in which they were releasing the 2017 Aluminum Super Duty. Not sure the exact release date, but it would have been some time late summer / early fall.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

I just Googled the article. It was dated 6/20 so I don’t think it is old news. Last estimate for production of my Lariat was week of 7/5 so I guess I am hosed.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The way the article gets a few things wrong is what leads me to believe that it is an old article - probably from 2016.

1. It mentions that the plants that are included build the Ford Flex - problem is there is no 2021 Ford Flex. Flex stopped production in 2019.

2. Fords production weeks start Monday - so in 2021 it would be closed July 5th and not July 4th.

The last time 7/4 was on a Monday would have been 2016. A year in which they were releasing the 2017 Aluminum Super Duty. Not sure the exact release date, but it would have been some time late summer / early fall.
Here is an article from 2016 that is indeed very similar.
https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvi...lleford-workers-will-get-a-shorter-break.html
Sponsored