ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL Rattler 3.5Eco
Looks so good. Very happy for you but very sad for the rest of us that can’t get one.

Your build is exactly the way I would do it. I just can’t get over how good it looks considering that this particular trim is designed to whoop some serious ass.

Thank you very much for all the photos, you have made my day. You are the man now dog (Sean Connery voice)
Glad to have made your day! And I definitely feel strange about it because it took just around 3 months from my Order Confirmed, to getting to sit in it and drive it. I truly don't understand how someone can order a '22 XL last year, and still be waiting for theirs after what happened with mine...
I have plans for it. Many people will not agree with me on this, but I'm going to Rhino-Line the bed and the front/rear bumpers. Simply because unlike the aluminum body, they are steel. And rock dings from road trips will cause chips and rust over time, so it's purely for protection. Also, the bumpers are already black so it won't do much to change the appearance of the truck.
Drivers side mounted black UWS toolbox, black step rails, and a 2" leveling kit for the front end are on the horizon very soon. Then this baby will be ready to get to work, and also christen her as a non-pavement-princess and get some mud all over it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
some PTM bumpers would help the aesthetics of this package for sure. Is a Rattler "Sport" package available?
I do not believe so; I think this package would only be available by itself, just like dealers will tell you you can't get the Chrome Appearance Package while also getting the Black Appearance Package kind of thing (every time he said that kind of stuff to me i thought "Well, duh?"). In terms of the exterior, I think any other aesthetic changes would have to be aftermarket.

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
Congrats! I noticed you over on Reddit too, sharp looking truck, and quite the novelty at this point! Love antimatter and the dual exhaust in this package.

I was playing around on the Ford B&P the other day, and was able to turn an XL build into a Rattler by adding Avalanche gray to a Powerboost build... :ROFLMAO: Obviously a glitch in the system, but it was kinda cool.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Glad to have made your day! And I definitely feel strange about it because it took just around 3 months from my Order Confirmed, to getting to sit in it and drive it. I truly don't understand how someone can order a '22 XL last year, and still be waiting for theirs after what happened with mine...
I have plans for it. Many people will not agree with me on this, but I'm going to Rhino-Line the bed and the front/rear bumpers. Simply because unlike the aluminum body, they are steel. And rock dings from road trips will cause chips and rust over time, so it's purely for protection. Also, the bumpers are already black so it won't do much to change the appearance of the truck.
Drivers side mounted black UWS toolbox, black step rails, and a 2" leveling kit for the front end are on the horizon very soon. Then this baby will be ready to get to work, and also christen her as a non-pavement-princess and get some mud all over it!
I had a similar situation with my 2021. I got mine in about five months when there were people waiting over a year.

I can’t stop looking at your pictures. Those headlights are definitely not standard on the XL. And that exhaust set up is too good.

everything you plan to do is perfect. The only thing I would add is dark tints. But you have solid plans and can’t wait to see it when you’re all done.

and thanks for the info on the bumpers. I always wondered if those matte black parts were just plastic and why would anyone choose them over the metal chrome ones for durability. But if it’s black steel the rhino-lining will definitely help keep them looking nice long term.

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yeah the ol ball and chain told me not to get a lariat but after 2 XLT's i told her too bad haha

and youre welcome. a ton of knowledgeable people here.
I think you're justified to step up at that point lol. And I feel my mindset is so different from so many people in here, but I literally wanted a more or less bare-bones truck. No doubt about it, this thing is going to be put to work- and so easy to clean was a must, and all the bells and whistles were actually unwanted.
I was in college in 2010 and got a 2008 Scion xD (tiny little 5 speed hatch-back). That car trailered a Harbor Freight 4X8 trailer from northeast PA to southwest CA with a Harley on the back of it. Then a few years later it turned around and did the same trip back to PA with a bunch of my belongings on it. I used it to tow dirt/leaves/firewood, it helped me with 2 different times where my wife and I moved, towing couches and dressers, etc... never broke down once. That poor little car didn't owe me a dime.
128 horsepower, and it went from 0-60...eventually. Point is, that car worked harder than a lot of peoples' trucks will ever do as long as they own it lol. I just spent a long, long time saving for a truck, knowing that I could get by without it. But the car was at 188K miles, it grinds finding 3rd gear in the cold, had misfire issues, among other aging/abuse problems.
That novel brought to you, all to say that I finally had enough saved to make this truck not break the bank, and I could literally have the shittiest truck in the world and it would be a step up from where I am.
I feel I made the exact right choice for me, and I'm blessed to be driving what is, to me, an extreme upgrade!

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Great looking truck, congrats!!

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
very cool @ThiccFilA i was always a VW guy. i love shifting my own gears...then i bought a house and got tired of cramming stuff in my wifes SUV or trying to figure out what would fit in the VW. so i bought a 2017 F150 XLT 302A. then gas went roaring! sadly, i couldnt afford to drive the damn thing (70mile round trip in stop and go traffic) sold it in 2018. things turned around in 2020 and the ford dealer my wife got her edge from gave me a good deal on a 2020 F150 XLT 302A (though i tried for a Lariat) had that truck maybe 10 months and she traded her Edge in on a new VW Atlas. made me want a VW again haha instead, in 2021 i got $6k off MSRP for a fully loaded A4 Sline! i loved that car! problem was, no one else did hahaha we were back to cramming stuff in her SUV. i ended up selling it back to the dealer to get out of payments when i inherited my moms 13 lexus suv. got a new job and bought a house. told her i wanted a truck again and here we are.

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm waiting for mine in avalanche and the optioned Powerboost. Built and awaiting shipment since 11/1..... Awesome looking truck
I hope you put up some pictures when you get yours as well! What state are you in, and what factory did they build it at?

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@crazywayne311 that's great! y'all sound similar to my wife and I's situation. and also where i live in MD is rural by my house, but close by to a bit busier area (my perspective is from a hometown of 1000 people and one traffic light, for reference). going to my gym involves, right before the gym, a mile and a half stretch with 5 traffic lights that can take me 15 minutes to get through. when i went to the gym in my truck yesterday and didn't have to bust my back pressing a clutch constantly in that stop-go traffic, that made me feel grateful to be in this truck lol. here's to hoping gas prices can be.... less high for all of us going forward.

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
3.5 Ecoboost. XL based Rattler package. Opted out of Trailer Tow Package down to just the class IV hitch. Opted out of console for center bucket seat. Bare bones with options besides that, just what it came with.
sat down to build it in early/mid August at my dealership. Ordered confirmed August 22, 2022. Got Scheduled for Production on October 12, which was scheduled to be built the week of November 14. On October 15th I got my Built email (built at Dearborn, MI), and my dealer (in Maryland) received the truck on Saturday, October 19. Picked it up on Monday. Excited to have it and share images!
I’m very curious as to how there has been next to no hits on Google or YouTube for the Rattler package. I’m not saying it’s groundbreaking; what I’m saying is it‘a a new option that Ford introduced, but there were 0 real world examples being reviewed on the Tube, or even having articles written about their production.
To this point I haven’t seen/heard anyone else taking delivery on their 2023 model year Fords. Additionally, I’ve heard from some folks who wanted to order a Rattler but it was sold out. Never showed as an option under Build and Price because it was sold out before the 23s populated.
I feel guilty saying it, but I’m very fortunate to have had such a quick process when other people ordered countless other vehicles (even other XL’s) last year and they are still waiting (I know of at least one person in that XL boat, confirmed).
I’d love to shed insight on it and have some conversation to see what other people’s thoughts are about the package and the lack of publicity/information.

716C441A-7DBD-47F5-B815-486FF921DB6E.jpeg

ACB94272-88E5-4892-89E0-ABFCA7337956.jpeg

0052C849-8832-4267-B588-AFF44EF7F5CB.jpeg

CBAEB95C-72BE-4460-8466-E279A56BEFCA.jpeg

D693DA15-66AA-4DED-B68E-5A5D2AB2F20D.jpeg

2FB6D0C6-542F-49FB-B1FB-024AE3EF772B.jpeg

96CBA5C7-7453-47D8-87A4-07945841D9A7.jpeg

4E5F1016-83E1-4AE7-A018-2DB57D85B687.jpeg

D20C5DFB-A02F-4726-8298-D81AAAA11C3F.jpeg

F574FBBB-06A8-4F27-877D-0C8F04DE67B4.jpeg

F0840E3A-C3B9-4483-BB49-88F59D9438C6.jpeg

7D179D4E-56FF-45DE-B941-A70C995E9073.jpeg

F6B10280-9B18-402D-A814-247B4895E465.jpeg

1D5BB720-E1EC-4ABC-B7C9-DCD7A86E9569.jpeg

B2A46B2D-4FFC-411A-B00A-9B1F24DFAF55.jpeg

8D158DEC-213C-44D1-8AF8-C0A96ABA4D23.jpeg

64493FED-331A-4B12-B0F7-0E9E94CC355B.jpeg

2752653D-0D99-4534-9425-B31DC4D46836.jpeg
🔥🔥🔥

Sponsored

Baseballzg

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Edge, Ordered 2023 F150 Rattler
I hope you put up some pictures when you get yours as well! What state are you in, and what factory did they build it at?
I'm in Pennsylvania and the truck was built at the Dearborn plant and last I knew sitting and awaiting shipment. Hopefully some good incentives for delivery.

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats! I noticed you over on Reddit too, sharp looking truck, and quite the novelty at this point! Love antimatter and the dual exhaust in this package.

I was playing around on the Ford B&P the other day, and was able to turn an XL build into a Rattler by adding Avalanche gray to a Powerboost build... :ROFLMAO: Obviously a glitch in the system, but it was kinda cool.
Jloyd98 you broke the code!!!

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a similar situation with my 2021. I got mine in about five months when there were people waiting over a year.

I can’t stop looking at your pictures. Those headlights are definitely not standard on the XL. And that exhaust set up is too good.

everything you plan to do is perfect. The only thing I would add is dark tints. But you have solid plans and can’t wait to see it when you’re all done.

and thanks for the info on the bumpers. I always wondered if those matte black parts were just plastic and why would anyone choose them over the metal chrome ones for durability. But if it’s black steel the rhino-lining will definitely help keep them looking nice long term.
Everything in between the yellow (besides the fog lamps) is steel. There’s a plastic chin under the steel section of the bumper. So I’m curious how it will turn out since it’s not the entire bumper that is steel. Either way I will post back with mods!

Ford F-150 Just received my 2023 XL Rattler! EFCCDDC4-EE69-4E83-B8F3-8776219AF27A

OP
OP
ThiccFilA

ThiccFilA

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in Pennsylvania and the truck was built at the Dearborn plant and last I knew sitting and awaiting shipment. Hopefully some good incentives for delivery.
That's why I guess i'm confused (but grateful) that mine is here already. I'm in Maryland, north of Baltimore. It's probably closer for them to get to you. I really hope you get that Shipped notification soon, my friend. Would love to see other colors and options on these!

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Everything in between the yellow (besides the fog lamps) is steel. There’s a plastic chin under the steel section of the bumper. So I’m curious how it will turn out since it’s not the entire bumper that is steel. Either way I will post back with mods!

EFCCDDC4-EE69-4E83-B8F3-8776219AF27A.jpeg
Someone once mentioned doing there entire side steps, plastic and metal parts and turned out just fine and dandy.
Sponsored