Just ordered my 2022 Lariat 502A

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Etron. 2020 Explorer ST
Dealer says Ford honouring 2021 pricing and gives you a $750 early bird credit. And financing rates locked in at current 0.99%.

Just an FYI

Ford F-150 Just ordered my 2022 Lariat 502A 0AA2C2CD-1378-4CDC-8D27-988CE8649272
Sponsored

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
But if the dealers don't yet have the 2022 order configurator available to them, how is it that you actually “ordered” a 2022 other than simply agreeing on some possible future financing terms with the dealer?

Did you simply “agree” to switch your 2021 order to a 2022?

Honestly, I feel that posts like these without any meaningful detail just confuse people more than providing them with any valuable information to go on.

OP
OP

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But if the dealers don't yet have the 2022 order configurator available to them, how is it that you actually “ordered” a 2022 other than simply agreeing on some possible future financing terms with the dealer?

Did you simply “agree” to switch your 2021 order to a 2022?

Honestly, I feel that posts like these without any meaningful detail just confuse people more than providing them with any valuable information to go on.
The post was meant to answer questions about price increase and to give people the heads up about the fixed price and rebate. He entered it as a 2021. Will automatically switch to 2022 when the order books open.

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Engineer
How is it an early bird credit for a 22 when a 21 was actually ordered? Was it a credit from the dealer rather than Ford? I thought the 21 banks were closed now anyway. Not questioning you.. just want to be knowledgeable if I approach my dealer with this plan.

OP
OP

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How is it an early bird credit for a 22 when a 21 was actually ordered? Was it a credit from the dealer rather than Ford? I thought the 21 banks were closed now anyway. Not questioning you.. just want to be knowledgeable if I approach my dealer with this plan.
TBH. I didn’t ask any questions. He even told me about it being a 21 order that will become a 22 when the order banks open. The credit was on the paperwork. I buy a lot of vehicles from him and he has always been fair so I trust him.

I was passing along info about my experience, I case it helped someone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The post was meant to answer questions about price increase and to give people the heads up about the fixed price and rebate. He entered it as a 2021. Will automatically switch to 2022 when the order books open.
What you just explained doesn’t exactly line up with your post title “ Just ordered my 2022 Lariat 502A“. You ordered a 21 which might (or might not) get converted into a 2022 order. Most certainly, and to be a accurate, it is not yet a 2022 order that was submitted to Ford.

Not trying to pound on you, i’m sure you meant well with your post, but i won’t be surprised if the same dealer calls you back with some bad news on something he might have overpromised and can’t deliver. Anyways, i hope it does work out, good luck!

OP
OP

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What you just explained doesn’t exactly line up with your post title “ Just ordered my 2022 Lariat 502A“. You ordered a 21 which might (or might not) get converted into a 2022 order. Most certainly, and to be a accurate, it is not yet a 2022 order that was submitted to Ford.

Not trying to pound on you, i’m sure you meant well with your post, but i won’t be surprised if the same dealer calls you back with some bad news on something he might have overpromised and can’t deliver. Anyways, i hope it does work out, good luck!
You are technically correct. But the actual transaction is for a 2022. Don’t know where you are getting the might not part. I entered a deal for a 2022 why wouldn’t I get a 2022.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Agree, deceiving title. I tried to have my dealer put my order in starting yesterday. As of today he still can’t. So when I saw this, I was like, ”oh hell no”.

OP
OP

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok to clear up any confusion I talked to my dealer. Keep in mind this is Canada so govern yourself accordingly.

1. Ordering system for 2021 closed as of yesterday.
2. new orders going into queue as 2021 to get the orders in a lock pricing and incentives.
3. in late Oct early Nov. these orders will go into the “ system” as 2022.
4. If pricing or incentives change in my favour at any time up to delivery I get the better deal.
Expected delivery 6 to 9 months..I am not a hurry so I’m ok with the wait and locking in price.

hope this clarifies my post.

Apologies for any confusion

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ok to clear up any confusion I talked to my dealer. Keep in mind this is Canada so govern yourself accordingly.

1. Ordering system for 2021 closed as of yesterday.
2. new orders going into queue as 2021 to get the orders in a lock pricing and incentives.
3. in late Oct early Nov. these orders will go into the “ system” as 2022.
4. If pricing or incentives change in my favour at any time up to delivery I get the better deal.
Expected delivery 6 to 9 months..I am not a hurry so I’m ok with the wait and locking in price.

hope this clarifies my post.

Apologies for any confusion

I get your point, it certainly doesn’t hurt to ask dealers if they can lock in 2021 MSRP and current model incentives ( right now, after 2021 order banks closed) and use that toward ordering a 2022. Hard to see how and why that would work though, from dealers perspective. But it doesn’t hurt to ask…
Sponsored