First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I am glad you had an excellent experience!
I do question the 2200# payload.
The PB 4x2 6.5 bed has 2120# max payload. The 4x4 has 1810#. As soon as you move up from a stripped XL and add trim/options most loose 2-300# of payload. The best PB payloads I have seen are 1843# 4x2 XLT and 1870# KR std 4x2 with no tow package and 18” wheels.
2 main things- glad the trip went well and wish your brother well rebuilding.
My truck is stranded in Dearborn 🙁
I live about an hour from Dearborn. Want me to swing by and jailbreak your truck? 😂😂 and yes I wish the OP brother all the best rebuilding.
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I want to see a picture of the op's truck. Does it have an interior beyond the driver's seat? ;)

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
You give me hope.
For a while in October the VIN calculator worked. Said my payload 1787# got KR standard, PB 7.4kw 360 camera/assist. I was hoping around 1825# until Ford upped the wheel to 20” (about 50#). The calculator was pre-build.
I can hope the yellow sticker looks different 🤞
You did your homework, got a great truck!
Atta boy
😀😀😀
Really wish we had purchased it as 157", but it's an amazing tow truck for everything we have asked of it. Half of the employees that work with it have dibs on it when we are ready to replace it with another.

20210909_131652.jpg

20221024_141756.jpg
As a bonus when you configure with 157 instead of shortbed price drops from $4500 to $ 3300 at least on XL trim 101 A

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
5 weeks ago I picked up my long bed PB with 7.2 KW It has a 2,200 payload and 11,800 tow capacity and I installed fifth wheel hitch but nothing else. I towed my 28 FT fifth wheel about 600 miles to deliver to pine island Fl. for my brother. weight of trailer is 8,000 but i was also loaded with compressors generator and most construction tools His home was destroyed in the hurricane. It was one the best large tow experiences I have had. most of the time i didn't know it was hoked up. I used to drive a 2003 2500 HD with diesel and it was on par but I do know modern diesels have much more power but still. Passing slower cars and trucks was effortless. I dont think rpm's ever went past 3500on highway. cruised at 2,200 -2,300 mostly 8th gear. 65 mph returned about 12mpg. I made the right decision and it was a comfortable ride after having installed take out lariat seats in my xl high. Dont know if it comes through in post but color me impressed. As an aside I was lucky to get 12-15 mpg from my titan just normal driving for Christ's sake.
That's awesome. Was very curious about what gear most towed heavy with? I just got back from a short trip with my 5800lbs RV bumper pull. I didn't use tow haul due to coasting in electric and it was skipping 2nd. But for me even 8th is overdrive and was worrying about pulling long distances. Also, I'm still getting used to driving in boost over longer distances as I know keeping boost down saves gas and I kept getting frustrated when the boost kept climbing. But from what you are stating it's fine being in boost over long periods. I've been just locking out 9-10th and going. Rpm's about 2000 at 60. Thanks for the report as I'm still getting used to mine as well.

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
That is a very impressive payload number. Like others here, I worked hard to maximize payload, but also was itching for the niceties of the Lariat trim. All that being said, I have no plans to tow larger than 5-6k lb trailers. To hear you're getting 12mpg hauling such a big trailer is also impressive, though I would imagine a 5th wheel has aerodynamic advantages over a bumper pull trailer as well. Enjoy your new wheels!

Sponsored

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
That is a very impressive payload number. Like others here, I worked hard to maximize payload, but also was itching for the niceties of the Lariat trim. All that being said, I have no plans to tow larger than 5-6k lb trailers. To hear you're getting 12mpg hauling such a big trailer is also impressive, though I would imagine a 5th wheel has aerodynamic advantages over a bumper pull trailer as well. Enjoy your new wheels!
I think keeping it at 65 and driving for mileage such as using all the momentum of that heavy trailer to recoup charge that I can use in hybrid. I do watch other traffic and do try not to impede anyone else and will drive faster if needed. After I am at speed I shift out of tow- haul and use sport or normal and lock out 9 th and ten th. You do have to work at it though but I enjoy that. Also as an aside, dont let your wife guide you under low live oak trees, Just learned hard way

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
@wagrimes wasn't calling you a liar. He, as did I, questioned the CC number you were using. And you said you were going from memory. I will be interested in seeing a pix of the yellow sticker.

I have a 4x4 XLT 302A (High) trim level PB. A super stripped PB 4x4 6.5' box is only 1810. When I added the XLT 302A trim level plus a few other options, the as built cargo capacity of my PB fell to 1645#.
Mine is a short bed 302A XLT, it has 1553, still your payload is impressive with a 302A.
Sponsored