First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
5 weeks ago I picked up my long bed PB with 7.2 KW It has a 2,200 payload and 11,800 tow capacity and I installed fifth wheel hitch but nothing else. I towed my 28 FT fifth wheel about 600 miles to deliver to pine island Fl. for my brother. weight of trailer is 8,000 but i was also loaded with compressors generator and most construction tools His home was destroyed in the hurricane. It was one the best large tow experiences I have had. most of the time i didn't know it was hoked up. I used to drive a 2003 2500 HD with diesel and it was on par but I do know modern diesels have much more power but still. Passing slower cars and trucks was effortless. I dont think rpm's ever went past 3500on highway. cruised at 2,200 -2,300 mostly 8th gear. 65 mph returned about 12mpg. I made the right decision and it was a comfortable ride after having installed take out lariat seats in my xl high. Dont know if it comes through in post but color me impressed. As an aside I was lucky to get 12-15 mpg from my titan just normal driving for Christ's sake.
Sponsored

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
5 weeks ago I picked up my long bed PB with 7.2 KW It has a 2,200 payload and 11,800 tow capacity and I installed fifth wheel hitch but nothing else. I towed my 28 FT fifth wheel about 600 miles to deliver to pine island Fl. for my brother. weight of trailer is 8,000 but i was also loaded with compressors generator and most construction tools His home was destroyed in the hurricane. It was one the best large tow experiences I have had. most of the time i didn't know it was hoked up. I used to drive a 2003 2500 HD with diesel and it was on par but I do know modern diesels have much more power but still. Passing slower cars and trucks was effortless. I dont think rpm's ever went past 3500on highway. cruised at 2,200 -2,300 mostly 8th gear. 65 mph returned about 12mpg. I made the right decision and it was a comfortable ride after having installed take out lariat seats in my xl high. Dont know if it comes through in post but color me impressed. As an aside I was lucky to get 12-15 mpg from my titan just normal driving for Christ's sake.
I am glad you had an excellent experience!
I do question the 2200# payload.
The PB 4x2 6.5 bed has 2120# max payload. The 4x4 has 1810#. As soon as you move up from a stripped XL and add trim/options most loose 2-300# of payload. The best PB payloads I have seen are 1843# 4x2 XLT and 1870# KR std 4x2 with no tow package and 18” wheels.
2 main things- glad the trip went well and wish your brother well rebuilding.
My truck is stranded in Dearborn 🙁

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
I am glad you had an excellent experience!
I do question the 2200# payload.
The PB 4x2 6.5 bed has 2120# max payload. The 4x4 has 1810#. As soon as you move up from a stripped XL and add trim/options most loose 2-300# of payload. The best PB payloads I have seen are 1843# 4x2 XLT and 1870# KR std 4x2 with no tow package and 18” wheels.
2 main things- glad the trip went well and wish your brother well rebuilding.
My truck is stranded in Dearborn 🙁

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
This is from memory but I did guesstimate because its very close I believe its 2172 lbs I will take picture of sticker in AM. with everything loaded i was just slightly higher in back, by half inch but looked dead level. So maybe I am off 20 something lbs Why would you think I would lie about that. I dont know maybe you think that makes me a . Jesus what a weird ting to ? Christ there is a door sticker.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please
No insinuation of lying. I like many thought the advertised tow numbers applied to everyone. The yellow door sticker isn’t even known to most salesmen I have contacted.
I have tried to spec a King Ranch PB for towing and the best I could do was 1787# (5.5 bed to fit into garage).
Sorry- I would never flame anyone. I use these forums for learning.
Again, I’m glad you could help your brother and wish him the best.

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
This is from memory but I did guesstimate because its very close I believe its 2172 lbs I will take picture of sticker in AM. with everything loaded i was just slightly higher in back, by half inch but looked dead level. So maybe I am off 20 something lbs Why would you think I would lie about that. I dont know maybe you think that makes me a . Jesus what a weird ting to ? Christ there is a door sticker.
@wagrimes wasn't calling you a liar. He, as did I, questioned the CC number you were using. And you said you were going from memory. I will be interested in seeing a pix of the yellow sticker.

I have a 4x4 XLT 302A (High) trim level PB. A super stripped PB 4x4 6.5' box is only 1810. When I added the XLT 302A trim level plus a few other options, the as built cargo capacity of my PB fell to 1645#.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I used to get really good towing mpg in Florida regardless of what truck I owned. I lived down there for 27 years and towed enclosed car trailers. Those same trucks would have the mpg's tank when heading up to Kentucky and Michigan.

My payload? A whopping 1352 lbs..... I don't tow anymore and if I did, I certainly wouldn't buy a Powerboost.

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
@wagrimes wasn't calling you a liar. He, as did I, questioned the CC number you were using. And you said you were going from memory. I will be interested in seeing a pix of the yellow sticker.

I have a 4x4 XLT 302A (High) trim level PB. A super stripped PB 4x4 6.5' box is only 1810. When I added the XLT 302A trim level plus a few other options, the as built cargo capacity of my PB fell to 1645#.
Well I just left bathroom had to clean the slight amount of egg of my face. Hadn't looked at door sticker since day at dealer and breathed a sigh of relief. In my mind I had remembered it as 2172 everybody else wins I was off 50 lbs.I did build this truck with payload in mind. I could have bought any trim I wanted, I mean I paid cash but I wanted a PB with a reasonable payload capacity

Attachments

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Well I just left bathroom had to clean the slight amount of egg of my face. Hadn't looked at door sticker since day at dealer and breathed a sigh of relief. In my mind I had remembered it as 2172 everybody else wins I was off 50 lbs.I did build this truck with payload in mind. I could have bought any trim I wanted, I mean I paid cash but I wanted a PB with a reasonable payload capacity
That’s a Powerboost, or an Ecoboost? If it’s an ecoboost, then it all makes sense. (And I’m sure tows very well.)

Not calling you a liar or anything…it’s just that I ordered a Powerboost with an eye towards maximizing payload, so I want to know how you did it? I managed to get it to 1831 lbs, but only by making some big concessions (no 4x4 for me).

Edit: just looked up your VIN, and I stand corrected. That’s counter to Ford’s published documentation that lists 157” wheelbase as a maximum payload of 2120, without any options. I’m impressed!

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
You should just attach photos so you can view without having to download and then go through deleting on our devices.
Ford F-150 Just had fantastic experiance with towing 5th wheel with PB 20210218_180722

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
That’s a Powerboost, or an Ecoboost? If it’s an ecoboost, then it all makes sense. (And I’m sure tows very well.)
On the Payload Sticker attached by @mbouck3 we note not only does it show 2142# Payload but we also note the 8th digit of his VIN is "D".

That "D" as the 8th digit of his VIN tells us his is indeed the Powerboost (3.5L HEV) engine type.

I've no idea what other combination of options yields that result (he does mention his truck is an "xl high" trim level), but @mbouck3 's assertions of the generous Payload for his POWERBOOST are certainly supported by that sticker. (y)

Ford F-150 Just had fantastic experiance with towing 5th wheel with PB mbouck3 payload sticker

Last edited:

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I'm surprised. Ford's E-source document definitely says a stripped XL 4x2 is 2120.

My XLT, 302A, 4x4 which I carefully put together to try to save as much weight as possible , yielded 1642# out of the E=Source listed 4x4 weight of 1810.
Ford F-150 Just had fantastic experiance with towing 5th wheel with PB 8414a

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WOW!
As I said, I use these forums to learn.
I have gathered a lot of information about configurations and payloads and your yellow sticker is really impressive!
Ford Tow Information:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/2021-f-150-weights-specs-pdf.12613/
Gives a max payload of 2120# for the 6.5 (30# more than the 5.5)
One person on this forum got a very basic XLT PB 7.4kw 6.5 2WD with a yellow sticker 1843#
Your truck is a standout- very good!
Again, I would accuse no one of lying (I find sniping on forums to be unhelpful).
The discrepancy between the Ford information and your sticker is beyond my ability to explain.
Congratulations on your truck, I can only hope I can enjoy truck as much as you.
Again, I wish the best to your brother and those rebuilding in Florida.

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150

Not calling you a liar or anything…it’s just that I ordered a Powerboost with an eye towards maximizing payload, so I want to know how you did it? I managed to get it to 1831 lbs, but only by making some big concessions (no 4x4 for me).

Edit: just looked up your VIN, and I stand corrected. That’s counter to Ford’s published documentation that lists 157” wheelbase as a maximum payload of 2120, without any options. I’m impressed!
Did you lookup his VIN on the Ford fleet site that displays towing figures based on VIN? I used to have the link to that, cant find now, could you post it?

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
WOW!
As I said, I use these forums to learn.
I have gathered a lot of information about configurations and payloads and your yellow sticker is really impressive!
Ford Tow Information:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/2021-f-150-weights-specs-pdf.12613/
Gives a max payload of 2120# for the 6.5 (30# more than the 5.5)
One person on this forum got a very basic XLT PB 7.4kw 6.5 2WD with a yellow sticker 1843#
Your truck is a standout- very good!
Again, I would accuse no one of lying (I find sniping on forums to be unhelpful).
The discrepancy between the Ford information and your sticker is beyond my ability to explain.
Congratulations on your truck, I can only hope I can enjoy truck as much as you.
Again, I wish the best to your brother and those rebuilding in Florida.
you know I did much the same as you garner as much info as I could off this forums but in the end I was holding my breath when It got delivered and first thing I did was open that door and dragged my wife over and made her look ( like she cares). they really could make this easier. In the end I dont think the PB is for everyone but for certain of us its a homerun. Thank you for your reply
Sponsored