Just finished up a 240 mile trip

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid 3.5L V6 twin-turbocharged Ecoboost
I've turned of the Intelligent option and just use the Adaptive Cruise
I can't stand the aggressiveness either.. You're able to turn OFF the "intelligent" part of the cruise? how?

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
The fact that there are so many "surprises" for the driver is a good indication that they have a ways to go before hands off driving is ready for prime time. It appears that the truck is only responding to the next single detectable event (with limited sensors), while human drivers typically see a longer range view (approaching a city), and broader context (that crossing truck is no threat), to smooth out the interventions. I have learned to always be ready to intervene at a moments notice. Still, it has been helpful to use on long road trips.
Yes I do like it on the interstate but am finding it not so great on my rural roads. Biggest situation I have found an issue with is people that turn off the road into their driveway/farm field etc then stop - they are clear of the road and no threat but the truck seems to recognize them as a now stopped obstruction - I suspect it anticipates the road turns? Just yesterday I had this occur when the truck in front did this and cleared the roadway by ~ 12' - 15' and stopped - my truck started flashing the warning and then braked hard - when the truck in front turned it was far enough out front that my truck had not started slowing down (maybe 700'?)

I am taking the truck in for 1st service today and will inquire if the sensors can be verified to be properly adjusted

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Wow lol. Never thought of this. How and what did you use, if I may?
There's a pic of what I created over in this thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...for-completely-hands-free-driving.4310/page-2

I can't stand the aggressiveness either.. You're able to turn OFF the "intelligent" part of the cruise? how?
If you go into the settings on Sync, you can enable/disable lane assistance, what type of alert you get for it, and the crash detection/evasive steering assistance stuff.

If you want to just quickly disable lane centering, that's easily done right on the steering wheel, just hit the button that looks like a car in the middle of a lane, and it'll still do the adaptive part of the cruise for maintaining speed, but won't do any sort of steering or lane departure warning for you.
Sponsored