• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
OP
OP
rtw819

rtw819

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150L Lariat ER, '23 MME Sel AWD, '19 Niro EV
I just watched half of the livestream last night.
Is anyone getting text or email's that tell when they show up?
How many did I miss?

https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/2022/Ford/F150-Lightning/discover-your-ford/livestream/

My firewall blocks it too.
No emails, no communications, nothing from Ford on these -- basically nothing at all new official from Ford yet. I just happened across the October livestream posting when I had checked the link after someone mentioned there was one last month that nearly everyone (including myself) missed. On top of that, I don't think Ford is recording nor sharing them outside of the one-time live events. Bummer.

Though, assuming you have already looked over the Tech Spec sheet, have been reading the threads about the survey details some of the chosen folks got, and watched some of the YouTube videos posted from one or more Lightning Tour events, you will have read/seen/heard pretty much the majority of what they covered on the stream last night, aside from cameo appearances for a bunch of Milwaukee tools and toolboxes.

Definitely room for improvement communication-wise, leaving much to be desired for most people. It's been scarce at best since May.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Here is a list of upcoming live streams:
Ford F-150 Lightning Join the Ford Lightning Livestream EVent @ Today, Thursday 10/28 9pm EDT A513A525-2813-4614-9676-8BC6D53759E1

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Has anyone found a way to watch a recording of the events? I didn't find this one on youtube...

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Here is a list of upcoming live streams:
A513A525-2813-4614-9676-8BC6D53759E1.jpeg
hopefully, by December they will figure out everybody charging related and be able to answer questions that folks here have been asking.

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Stone Grey is brown. Smoked Quartz is blue. Looks better than Antimatter IMO because it doesn't look black.
Smoked quartz is not blue at all in some pictures, but it does like like it has a blue tint in others. It's a very dark metallic grey for sure with a hint of blue. Kind of odd really, but it does like nice when the blue shows.

Last edited:

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
Smoked quartz is not blue at all in some pictures, but it does like like it has a blue tint in others. It's a very dark metallic grey for sure with a hint of blue. Kind of odd really, but it does like nice when the blue shows.
In the full sun it looks amazing. I like that it looks dark gray otherwise, but when you see the blue pop it's almost purplish.

Ford F-150 Lightning Join the Ford Lightning Livestream EVent @ Today, Thursday 10/28 9pm EDT 20211024_121701

Ford F-150 Lightning Join the Ford Lightning Livestream EVent @ Today, Thursday 10/28 9pm EDT 20211024_121730

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Don't be disappointed with 8400# towing capacity. The percentage of F150's that are actually towing 8400lbs is miniscule. You run out of Payload by that point anyway.

And as much as I love the Lightning, EV & towing aren't exactly a match made in heaven. Especially anywhere near towing capacity numbers.
I want to expand on the 8,400 lbs towing capacity for the Platinum question. I would like to know what is it about the Platinum trim that makes one lose 1,600 lbs capacity (Assuming both with ER Battery)?

What if I order a loaded Lariat and give up a few of the unwanted luxury goodies on the Platinum to get back those lbs. Another benefit would be getting 20 inch wheels instead of those 22 inch Uglies.

Would this not be the best of both worlds? It looks like the only Platinum options I could not get would be Reclining seats, Nirvana with Active Motion Seats, 18 Speakers, and the big wheels.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I wouldn't be surprised if those wheels are actually the reason for the drop. Because you are correct that the Lariat appears to be capable of being configured almost identically to the Platinum as far as tow-related platform.

The current HDPP option on the ICE F150 would lock in a very specific 18" wheel and if you tried to substitute any other wheel the configurator would drop the HDPP package.

Still, I'm only guessing, but there's just nothing I see that is structurally different from the Lariat VS Platinum except that wheel.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm guessing it's the load rating on the tires associated with the 22 inch wheels.

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I'm guessing it's the load rating on the tires associated with the 22 inch wheels.
They are targeting 1800lbs payload according to the livestream (which seems high when compared to how much it drops on the ICE trucks). The platinum will weigh more than the lariat due to the few additions, so im guessing the 1600lbs drop is maybe because of the 200lbs less payload? This 200lb drop is close to what the recommended tongue weight would be for 1600lbs (a little high, but leaves some room for carrying things in the truck).

8400lb towing would be approx 840lb tongue weight, leaving 960lbs for passengers and cargo (adds up really fast with 4 adults - that alone is about 800lbs).

I dont think it has to do with the tires because the truck can carry almost the same amount and will weight slightly more.

OP
OP
rtw819

rtw819

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150L Lariat ER, '23 MME Sel AWD, '19 Niro EV