• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jim Farley comments about ADM during 4th quarter conference call

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Jim Farley in the Q4 Earnings Call:
“We have about 10% of our dealers last year in the supply-constrained environment that, were charging above MSRP to our best of our knowledge. We have very good knowledge of who they are. And their future allocation of product will be directly impacted because of that policy. And we've seen really quick action by our team.”
Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
We can only hope. I'll believe it when I see it.

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We can only hope. I'll believe it when I see it.
I’m not sure if we’ll be able to tell if a dealer actually loses part of their allocation. Unless they admit it.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I believe him.

I've found it rare to find a Ford dealer put markup on the F150 Lightning. 2/3 dealers in my immediate area were clear about no ADM.

Over my time obsessing over the Lightning and seeing wave orders convert, I feel like I've seen maybe 3 that have ADM on their order form... And, it was pretty simple to call Ford and change dealers and still convert their order.

I'm also in the market for the Ioniq5... I've contacted like 10 dealers in 200 miles around me. Only 1 so far has said no ADM. Average is $5K+.

Ford is actually doing something here by having negative consequences for those dealers that add ADM.

Hyundai has pretty much said they have no control... which is and isn't true... I'm certain they can penalize Dealers similar to what Ford is doing. They just decided not to.

Last edited:

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
“We have about 10% of our dealers last year in the supply-constrained environment that, were charging above MSRP to our best of our knowledge. We have very good knowledge of who they are. And their future allocation of product will be directly impacted because of that policy. And we've seen really quick action by our team.”
Can you include the source of the quote, an article where you saw this?

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Only 10%? I thought that figure would be higher, seems like quite a few dealers are doing the ADM.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
My dealer suddenly is charging $30k ADM and is concerned that if I switch dealers I won't get a Lightning because of @Ford Motor Company's allocation. Farley does come from a very funny family--hard to take what he says seriously.

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
“We have about 10% of our dealers last year … that were charging above MSRP to our best of our knowledge. We have very good knowledge of who they are. ”
Interesting, because in OKC, of the 5 dealers that I have spoken with, only 2 don’t charge ADM for preorders for the Lightning and at least 4 of the 5 and possibly all 5 (one didn’t know) intend to add ADM to the F150 Lightning when it is on their lot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He is either lying or uninformed. 6 dealerships near me are charging 5-10k ADM, only one is claiming not to.
10% sounds quite low to me, too. The important thing isn’t so much how many there are, but that some action will be taken. We’ll see.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
A while back, one of the local dealers near me said their policy is to honor the list price for pre-orders, because they made their deposits based on the published prices... But if they get any inventory above those orders, market prices will likely be higher.

Thankfully, I ordered mine on May 20 of last year.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Only 10%? I thought that figure would be higher, seems like quite a few dealers are doing the ADM.
His comment may be what is in the Ford system. I had one dealer tell me that they would decide what the ADM would be at the time of delivery. Because of that tactic, Ford would not necessarily be aware of the issue with respect to that particular dealership.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
This must not be part of the franchise agreement between Ford and the dealers otherwise it would be a moot point and easy to enforce. Since many dealer are just trying to stay open with no inventory to sell they have to ask more. Will be interesting to see if anything happens.
Sponsored