Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I assume that until we get a VIN number from the dealer, there is nothing that can tell us anything about the order placed with the dealer. Correct?

All I have is the Order Code and Sales Code. No other tracking info... My excellent salesperson (Albert @Granger) told me that it will be later in January or early February before we get further as the truck / options I ordered is in commodity hold, whatever that is.
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I assume that until we get a VIN number from the dealer, there is nothing that can tell us anything about the order placed with the dealer. Correct?

All I have is the Order Code and Sales Code. No other tracking info... My excellent salesperson (Albert @Granger) told me that it will be later in January or early February before we get further as the truck / options I ordered is in commodity hold, whatever that is.
[/QUOTE
That is correct! Although an order number if speaking to the right agent at ford 18003435338 might be able to give you date of vin number will be assigned. The 1st call might not work it depends if you get an agent that knows how to look this info up. Another way is to call fleet but you will need dealer code to do this it's a 5 digit code. They have all information on the order and shipping. With a vin you will be able to get more information. Good luck!

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
That is correct! Although an order number if speaking to the right agent at ford 18003435338 might be able to give you date of vin number will be assigned. The 1st call might not work it depends if you get an agent that knows how to look this info up. Another way is to call fleet but you will need dealer code to do this it's a 5 digit code. They have all information on the order and shipping. With a vin you will be able to get more information. Good luck!
Thank you very much! I did call 18003435338 but it seemed to be a fleet support number. I figured I wasn't going to get anywhere with that...

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Thank you very much! I did call 18003435338 but it seemed to be a fleet support number. I figured I wasn't going to get anywhere with that...
Sorry I gave you wrong number. It's 18003923673.

drewsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Plat. Truck w/o work surface to be delivered next week.
Plat. Truck with work surface (my original order) is in "production" but dealer says Feb. 15 at the earliest. I'm probably going to wait for the truck with the work surface but annoyed at continued delay. :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Plat. Truck w/o work surface to be delivered next week.
Plat. Truck with work surface (my original order) is in "production" but dealer says Feb. 15 at the earliest. I'm probably going to wait for the truck with the work surface but annoyed at continued delay. :(
I think that is the wisest thing to do, that way you get everything you wanted with just a little more pain.

If that one is in production, why would it take 2 more months to arrive??

I know Cal takes longer but geeze! Compare the time from production of the one arriving next week, if it is less than 2 months, I would go with that added to the 2nd one.

elcid624

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT, 2004 BMW 330Ci, 2001 Toyota Avalon
I ordered an XLT 302a in late November, just heard today from the dealer that it has "entered production" and should "go down the assembly line next week." Dealer expects about two weeks after that for delivery (Louisville KY) - he said essentially all trucks built in Dearborn arrive here by truck directly (leave Michigan in the morning arrive in Kentucky same night). This is my first time following an order this closely...when should I expect the window sticker to be available to download?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I ordered an XLT 302a in late November, just heard today from the dealer that it has "entered production" and should "go down the assembly line next week." Dealer expects about two weeks after that for delivery (Louisville KY) - he said essentially all trucks built in Dearborn arrive here by truck directly (leave Michigan in the morning arrive in Kentucky same night). This is my first time following an order this closely...when should I expect the window sticker to be available to download?
Now! Have you looked for it?

elcid624

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT, 2004 BMW 330Ci, 2001 Toyota Avalon
Now! Have you looked for it?
Bingo! Just got it. It has a code of "220210120" at the top, I'm guessing this is the official build date? Early Feb seems like a good delivery estimate.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bingo! Just got it. It has a code of "220210120" at the top, I'm guessing this is the official build date? Early Feb seems like a good delivery estimate.
Congrats!!

Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Woo hoo. Mine changed to 'In Production' and can see the green special order sticker! Production date from the dealer is 1/20. KR Powerboost, work surface, WW liners, spray-in, tow tech, and 360 2.0 prep. Getting pumped!

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Mine too. Not sure how to decode top numbers and the ones in the bottom boxes.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Woo hoo. Mine changed to 'In Production' and can see the green special order sticker! Production date from the dealer is 1/20. KR Powerboost, work surface, WW liners, spray-in, tow tech, and 360 2.0 prep. Getting pumped!
Awesome man! My production is 1 day after yours. Cant friggin wait.

KYBoyinGA

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Occupation
Retired
Just got a call from my dealership. Seems max recline seats are still an issue. At this time no apparent time for when they will be available or little if any availability soon do to supplier issues. Reason for no VIN in my case.

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Just got a call from my dealership. Seems max recline seats are still an issue. At this time no apparent time for when they will be available or little if any availability soon do to supplier issues. Reason for no VIN in my case.
really? Hmmmmm
Sponsored