• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's Gonna Be a Long 2 Weeks

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
5/19/21 10:01 PM ET reservation hoping for Wave 2. Hopefully Wave 2 invites go out earlier in the day so not another full day is wasted!
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
5/19/21 10:01 PM ET reservation hoping for Wave 2. Hopefully Wave 2 invites go out earlier in the day so not another full day is wasted!
I hear that. Doesn't seem like the time of your reservation matters outside of your dealership or in the dealer if they have priority customers. Ultimately the dealer is given an allocation and ford goes down the dealers list. Apparently I didn't brown nose my way down the list I'm #10 with a 5/20/21 8am reservation

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
Yep. I’m #3 on my dealer’s list. It may be a long 4 weeks for me if they keep doling out 1 order a week.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It could turn into a long 6 weeks, followed by a long year. :(
Yeah, expecting this really - but hope springs eternal. Also considering buying one of the dealer test drive mules after they are done with them (depending on the configuration).

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
From the playbook:

-----
Why invite customers back in waves?
This allows Ford the ability to actively monitor what configurations are being ordered more efficiently.

How many customers are there in each wave?
The number of customers invited will vary by wave. We are not sharing specifics.

Will customers who placed their reservation first be the first to receive invitations to place their order?
Not necessarily. Reservation order is important, but it is not the only consideration. Each reservation is tied to the customer’s specified dealer so it's not possible to simply follow reservation timing. Customer wave invitations will be based on a number of factors including timing of reservation, estimated dealer allocation and limited dealer prioritization.
-----

I am number 10 in my dealer out of 159, and I was prioritized. However my dealership doesn't know exactly how many they will get (allocation). They are "thinking" it could be 5-10, but not sure. So my chances of getting a 2022MY are fading away, along with the tax credit.

As I posted in another thread, Ford received 20K in the first 24 hours, and 44K in total for 48 hours. I am not 100% certain how many they are making per 2022MY, so who knows when we will get picked.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Little disappointed that I didn't make first wave. But I do know that I am #3 at my dealer. So if ford really only gave each dealer one this round, it makes sense.

Thought maybe CA would gilet a little more, And my dealer has 700+ reservations and as far as I know didn't prioritize anyone.

But I am 5/19 at 6:48pm pst time stamp. Only 20 or so minutes after it opened. So should be second.

I also got a notice when I logged in yesterday it was time to orders but it took me nowhere and didn't appear again. Must have been a glitch.

OP
OP
Bill from King Ranch

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Rinse and repeat. This is starting to resemble the wait for Starlink to come to my area.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I put in my reservation the evening of the 19th. At this point I can't say that I'm expecting to be able to get a 2022. There doesn't have to be many prioritizations for it to bump almost all of the reservation holders out of the running. At best, each dealer will get an average of maybe 6-7 trucks and there have been lots of stories on here of people getting bumped down 5, 10, 20 positions after prioritization. At this point my hope is they will have some Pro ER or base XLT ER available for the 23MY.

The upside is many of us will get to see real life reviews and owner feedback before we put in our order. Even though I'm willing to take the risk, I'm worried the real life range performance of the SR trucks might be a disappointment.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It won't be if you keep under 60 on a 70F day with the HVAC off.

Exactly my point.

EDIT: I'm fine if it can consistently meet EPA when driven conservatively in mild weather. I meet EPA without much trouble in my Bolt. My concern is it will be a Tesla situation where it's much more difficult to hit EPA range. It's a good sign that the MME beats its EPA rating but that doesn't mean the F-150 will.

Last edited:

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
You can't trust EPA. You will have to wait for real world replies under many conditions.

I've followed fuelly for a long time and the data is pretty good. https://www.fuelly.com/
Sponsored