First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
After having a 06 explorer that has 291,000 miles I’m buying a powerboost Lariat super crew cab to for my business, primarily to tow my 7,000 lbs utility trailer. Super excited.
You will love it

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Daily driver for most of the time but also one of three adults in our scout troop that has a vehicle capable of towing our troop trailer (About 7K when totally loaded) for camp outs.

Not a fishing guy but do love getting out on our kayaks when the weather is nice enough. Could get all three kayaks strapped into the bed of my 2012. Haven't had the chance yet on the 2021.

JIMFINNERTY

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hey all - question - I just got a 2021 F150 Supercab with the 5.0L 8 cylinder engine. I was surprised to find out after signing the paperwork that it did not have a camper brake installed - I bought the truck specifically to tow a 22' camper that we also have already purchased. The dealership was able to secure me the brake controller (evidently they are very difficult to get) - but after installing it they could not get it to work. The service manager says that their mechanics are not yet familiar with the new system (I can certainly understand that) but it's been a week since the installation of the brake module and I still have not heard from the dealership (they put a call in to Ford a week ago to see if they could assist in getting it to work). I'm waiting to go pick up the new camper...but can't without the brake controller!

Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or could suggest any option?

Thanks

Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Just curious how many on this forum actually use the truck for trucky things... I love all the new technology, powerboost engine, great fuel mileage, add ons, bed covers, lift kits, wheels, tints, ceramic coatings etc etc etc! I use it as a daily commuter, errand runner and family vehicle 95% of the time.

However, today I used it for the 5% where I use it like a truck. Today it was put it through some paces for the first time and it performed flawlessly. Did 3 trips to the dump with some heavy loads that filled the bed up with a bunch of weight (800-1000 pounds) and it didn’t blink like it’s supposed to. Even got some electric miles and 21mpg with all that weight... AMAZING!

There will also be a whole bunch of fishing and hunting in the future with coolers, rod holders and hopefully some trophy bucks in the back. Hauling treestands and 1,000 pound loads of corn off-road and a bunch of other fun trucky things! The 5% stuff is the reason why I bought a truck. And today my 2021 Gen 14 F150 did exactly what it was designed to do. False alarms, rusty axle and all... still love it!
currently use my 2017 XLT 302A like a truck all the time on our family ranch, plan to do exactly the same and more with the 7.2kw pro power onboard when my 2021 King Ranch Powerboost screw comes in this week or the first of next week.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
All right, I'll play while I'm still waiting for delivery...

- Plan to use as my daily driver, though pandemic has opened the possibility of mostly telecommuting, which could keep mileage low
- Plan to continue towing my Imagine 2800BH, mostly short trips within California. Someday longer trips in a few years once we can ditch the weight of my girls off to college
- If sports ever open up, would love to use it as a tailgater (with propower to power the A/C in the trailer!) at my daughter's all day volleyball tourneys
- If it becomes super easy to put 4 bikes in the bed we'll be using it for that to bike paths starting at new places instead of home; This is why I got a quick release removable tonneau
- Hopefully my dogs learn to ride in an open truck bed so we can take them with us for hikes, I'll remove the tonneau for this as well and use dog restraints
- Occasionally haul paddle boards and kayaks to the river
- Occasion trip to the landfill with full bed or utility trailer

rjpicucci

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew XL
I'm a weekend handyman :).
I work with computers all week so I like to work with my hands on the weekends

My last truck, I used it like a truck. It wasn't long before I had run a tree branch down the side. That truck was used as both a commuter and a truck.

This one, I've put a bakflip on; bed mat, etc and my spray in liner is pristine right now (3 months old). My wife just told me she needs me to get some dirt and I'm trying to find excuses not to load it up with dirt.:cry: I'm sure mulch will be the next thing. I think I need a second truck. :)

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Primarily will be used for hauling people and their stuff back and forth to our lake home and my daily driver. Heck of alot more useful than the car I replaced, '18 Mustang GT. Work from home so not alot of daily driving going on these days. Wife also owns a small furniture store and she used it this AM. She has used it way more than I thought she would and starting to think she needs her own truck. Kind of under estimated how much she would like it but once she rode in it for the first time and found out the seats have a massage feature it was all over - It's not like her car is an old POS. Buddy of mine has a bunch of ATVs and we have pulled those in the past with my old Navigator I had for 15 years - not fun...."what's that burning smell?" Those days are thankfully over.

Sponsored

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Just ordered mine today and whenever it gets here(they don't know, minimum 2 months but probably at least three) it will be used to haul duck hunting equipment.

Fathardtail

First Name
Melinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Entrepreneur
All right, I'll play while I'm still waiting for delivery...

- Plan to use as my daily driver, though pandemic has opened the possibility of mostly telecommuting, which could keep mileage low
- Plan to continue towing my Imagine 2800BH, mostly short trips within California. Someday longer trips in a few years once we can ditch the weight of my girls off to college
- If sports ever open up, would love to use it as a tailgater (with propower to power the A/C in the trailer!) at my daughter's all day volleyball tourneys
- If it becomes super easy to put 4 bikes in the bed we'll be using it for that to bike paths starting at new places instead of home; This is why I got a quick release removable tonneau
- Hopefully my dogs learn to ride in an open truck bed so we can take them with us for hikes, I'll remove the tonneau for this as well and use dog restraints
- Occasionally haul paddle boards and kayaks to the river
- Occasion trip to the landfill with full bed or utility trailer
Check out this lightweight kennel for your dogs in the bed:
https://dtboxes.co.uk/products/dt-box-dog-car-crate-dt-1000-pick-up-kit

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...I'm waiting to go pick up the new camper...but can't without the brake controller!

Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or could suggest any option?

Thanks

At first they were very cooperative but after a few tries, I’ve been having a hard time getting the dealership to adjust my jacked up doors. It seems that the squeaky wheel gets the grease with them. Might need to emphasize that you need to use your truck as a truck!

There might be some information in the Forscan threads and forums

There’s a few videos on how to install the OEM controller and enable it on the previous gen. trucks and it’s pretty straight forward.

Good luck!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I’m wondering if the OP bought the right controller.
20-21 are different, but I do not know if the difference is in actual fit or the electronics inside.
My controller was ordered the first of last month, and I had been informed that several other buyers have ordered one as well.
My sales guy tells me that they are still at least two weeks out for delivery to dealers.
I’m sure nice the correct controller is available, the dealers will be keeping them on the shelf or within a days ride ride from a BIG Ford store relatively close.

Charlie M

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Self Employed
Hey all - question - I just got a 2021 F150 Supercab with the 5.0L 8 cylinder engine. I was surprised to find out after signing the paperwork that it did not have a camper brake installed - I bought the truck specifically to tow a 22' camper that we also have already purchased. The dealership was able to secure me the brake controller (evidently they are very difficult to get) - but after installing it they could not get it to work. The service manager says that their mechanics are not yet familiar with the new system (I can certainly understand that) but it's been a week since the installation of the brake module and I still have not heard from the dealership (they put a call in to Ford a week ago to see if they could assist in getting it to work). I'm waiting to go pick up the new camper...but can't without the brake controller!

Thanks
Hi,

i have the same issue. Was the dealer able to fix it? Let me know.
Sponsored