Issues Connecting to Home WiFi Mesh Network

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
Has anyone had issues connecting their vehicle to a mesh WiFi network? I've been unable to connect to my home WiFi ever since I purchased the truck two months ago. It will connect to the personal hotspot on my phone, but not the mesh network.

Here is what happens: on the SYNC4 system I go to the available WiFi networks screen. Both of my home networks show up (I have a primary and guest network). When I tap the "Info" icon next to each network the truck indicates excellent signal strength for both. But when I try to connect to a network and enter the password, the system displays "Connecting to [network name]..." and about 4-5 seconds later displays "SYNC was unable to connect to [network name]." That's it. I've tried this dozens of times with no success.

My home network is a UniFi system with three access points. All access points broadcast both the primary and guest networks over 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously, but each network has a single SSID. I've tried several troubleshooting steps including disconnecting my phone from the truck (since Wireless CarPlay uses WiFi), and even creating another separate network just for the truck utilizing only the 2.4GHz band. That network did show up on the SYNC system amongst the others but the truck still wouldn't connect.

Since the truck is able to connect to my iPhone's personal hotspot I don't think its a hardware issue on the truck. For this same reason I don't think the dealer will be of much help. This is driving me insane... I have 40-something other devices throughout my house which all seamlessly connect to the WiFi network but this $80k device can't figure it out. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Has anyone had issues connecting their vehicle to a mesh WiFi network? I've been unable to connect to my home WiFi ever since I purchased the truck two months ago. It will connect to the personal hotspot on my phone, but not the mesh network.

Here is what happens: on the SYNC4 system I go to the available WiFi networks screen. Both of my home networks show up (I have a primary and guest network). When I tap the "Info" icon next to each network the truck indicates excellent signal strength for both. But when I try to connect to a network and enter the password, the system displays "Connecting to [network name]..." and about 4-5 seconds later displays "SYNC was unable to connect to [network name]." That's it. I've tried this dozens of times with no success.

My home network is a UniFi system with three access points. All access points broadcast both the primary and guest networks over 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously, but each network has a single SSID. I've tried several troubleshooting steps including disconnecting my phone from the truck (since Wireless CarPlay uses WiFi), and even creating another separate network just for the truck utilizing only the 2.4GHz band. That network did show up on the SYNC system amongst the others but the truck still wouldn't connect.

Since the truck is able to connect to my iPhone's personal hotspot I don't think its a hardware issue on the truck. For this same reason I don't think the dealer will be of much help. This is driving me insane... I have 40-something other devices throughout my house which all seamlessly connect to the WiFi network but this $80k device can't figure it out. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Do you have Mac Address Control turned on In the MESH network?

Blaze

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I had a similar issue in an Explorer, I ended up setting up a unsecure guest network w MAC filtering.

PappyG

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat hybrid powerboost
Occupation
Senior Principal Cyber Systems Administrator

I have Unifi network hardware but don’t have mesh. I do not have MAC restrictions on my guest network and one of my IOT networks. can’t connect to either. I have over 60 devices of various types connected.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
I had a similar issue in an Explorer, I ended up setting up a unsecure guest network w MAC filtering.
Interesting... I haven't tried an open network yet. I'll give it a shot... thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150

I have a Linksys mesh network setup and also had issues getting connected. My truck would attempt to connect but always failed. This week was a different story. I attempted on Monday of this week to connect and it finally connected successfully. Recently I experienced connectivity issues with my mesh network and had to reboot the router along with each access point. Not sure that was the culprit or the Ford just had some gremlins at work. Plus when I check what devices are accessing my network the Ford never shows up as an online device. Sync shows up in the offline devices.
Sponsored