Is your FordPass app crap, too?

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
I'm new to Ford products with a June 2021 Powerboost build that I'm extremely impressed and also pleased with. And there are a number of functions available on the FordPass app I appreciate. But good golly, what an unstable piece of crap my app has been so far. I'm wondering: Is this normal, and others have just learned to be more tolerant (or resigned)?

My current app version is 3.35.0 and it has always been auto updated. Crap examples: It fails to see the truck for minutes at a time (e.g. when I'm solo and would like to check the trailer lights). Yet I can be in the house and it sees the truck just fine....sometimes. With 'Security' turned on and a time block set, it notifies me of door openings outside the time block. When 'Security' is turned off (in disgust), it turns 'Security' back on at a later date. (I had 54 notifications today, out of the blue and after weeks of no notifications, and found Security 'on'). Some 'Journeys' are recorded while other 'Journeys' soon thereafter are not...even for the same route. My question to the assembled experts here is this: Is this flaky unreliability simply 'normal'? (FYI I have discarded the app and reloaded it...but that doesn't seem to improve reliability). Would love to hear some FordPass wizards comment on this...

Jack
Sponsored

Verta Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue
Occupation
Graduated Life
Your sorta lucky?? The security feature never has worked for me, always says “ ford app unavailable at this time??

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Short answer- yes

long answer- yes, it’s pure trash

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
They main thing I use it for is starting or door lock, which both work fine. The secure alert usually wouldn't notify me right when a door is open. Checking miles works, checking fuel works. You can also do both of those on Alexa, which is great.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Only use it to remote start, but truck is 3 weeks old, so haven't played with it much.

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer

Willy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCrew
Occupation
Sales
I have then same issue with the Security Alert, it worked fine from April till last week, but this week it tells me everytime the door opens. I turned it off this morning. My guess is that its a new bug in their system.
I mainly use it for remote start which works fine.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Version 3.35.0 crashes whenever I lookup an address on the map. Makes it hard to send an address to the vehicle (which requires a connection, like something out of 2003). Honestly -- biggest disappointment is this app which works far worse than my 2016 BMW did. Imagine being able to lookup an address and put it in the destination from your phone, then going down to the garage to find it all ready to go.... What a concept.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have then same issue with the Security Alert, it worked fine from April till last week, but this week it tells me everytime the door opens. I turned it off this morning. My guess is that its a new bug in their system.
I mainly use it for remote start which works fine.
Exact same thing for me. Had to turn it off to avoid constant door alerts.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
The security feature never has worked for me, always says “ ford app unavailable at this time??
Same for me. I’ve had several cases open and they just close them without fixing the problem. It still doesn’t work. This is what I get when I try to use Securialert:

Ford F-150 Is your FordPass app crap, too? AC6FD814-2F39-4517-9693-8D8EAFBFE40A
Sponsored