Sponsored

Is this truck really a 4WD?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
4A is one of the features I miss most with our XLT 302a. Our 2019 silverado had 4A. With the amount of rain we get in FL, I would always use 4A in downpours when roads start to flood a bit. Our Outback is much safer than our Odyssey since it has AWD. RWD in this F150 is even less forgiving than the Odyssey that is FWD in bad conditions. I just have to drive slower when it rains in this truck.
Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Aside from putting it in 4H have you checked that you don’t have the rear differential locked? I would just double check next time because having the differential locked on normal driving is definitely not good, it basically wants to drive in a straight line and turns will make a lot of noises because you’re basically fighting with the driveline.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Honestly with having almost 600lb ft of torque in the PB anything less than perfect roads and she’s going into 4a. 4x4 for when you are going sketchy places off the roadway or with consistent road conditions (deep snow, continuous ice).

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
4A is one of the features I miss most with our XLT 302a. Our 2019 silverado had 4A. With the amount of rain we get in FL, I would always use 4A in downpours when roads start to flood a bit. Our Outback is much safer than our Odyssey since it has AWD. RWD in this F150 is even less forgiving than the Odyssey that is FWD in bad conditions. I just have to drive slower when it rains in this truck.
Ditto on I would really miss 4A.
I was a diehard XLT guy for many years. I then impulse purchased a KingRanch about 5 years ago and discovered 4A's handling characteristics in my tropical local environment.
While I could very well be happy returning to the XLT and it's superior value equation (my opinion), that value equation would have to include upfitting the truck with the transfer case and the various components required to have 4A.
Fortunately it has been done on previous generation F150's, so I wouldn't be a pioneer.

I didn't know what I didn't know. Now I can't un-know it. :)

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
Thanks for the responses all.... I've learned a couple of things here....

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Yes. Ram and GM offer it in their comparable XLT models. Not sure why Ford won't

That was one big reason I wanted to look at Ram and GM when truck shopping.

Being in Alberta where it's winter 9 months out of the year, 4A is handy. (Had it on previous GM vehicles)
Sponsored