First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I bought my truck March 15, broke (heat exchanger) on second day. 6.5 weeks later I get it back and four days after that I’m now hearing a clicking noise under the truck. Dealership actually told me to just drive it and get used to the new noises trucks make. I’ve had this truck nearly 2 months and it’s only been in my driveway for 6 days. I came from a 2011 Silverado and this is my first new truck and first Ford period. Is continual breakdowns common? If you have had similar experience, did you just go with it? Im at a loss at the moment.
Sponsored

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Short answer: NO… newly overpriced trucks should not be breaking stuff, rusting, leaking and making strange noises.

Advise: take it to a different dealer that hopefully cares more for your purchase, and take it as often as you can (unless you get tired and trade it in) before your warranty is up.

OP
OP

EricM2019

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Short answer: NO… newly overpriced trucks should not be breaking stuff, rusting, leaking and making strange noises.

Advise: take it to a different dealer that hopefully cares more for your purchase, and take it as often as you can (unless you get tired and trade it in) before your warranty is up.
I’ve actually been to three different dealers now sadly. This last one is the one that really did me in. Just breaking my spirit. I had such high hopes and really wanted to be a Ford customer.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I’ve actually been to three different dealers now sadly. This last one is the one that really did me in. Just breaking my spirit. I had such high hopes and really wanted to be a Ford customer.
dang man!! Well sounds like you aren’t brand loyal like me… you might just know exactly what to do next! Sadly the quality of EVERYTHING now a-days is extremely questionable, and frankly sucks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

EricM2019

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law Enforcement
dang man!! Well sounds like you aren’t brand loyal like me… you might just know exactly what to do next! Sadly the quality of EVERYTHING now a-days is extremely questionable, and frankly sucks!
On the contrary, I have been a GM customer for 20 years. I just don’t trade vehicles often. My decision to go with Ford was based on my local dealer changes and becoming extremely difficult to work with; they operate a “first come first served” basis and I cannot just drop everything and go there to buy a truck when they get one in. They will not allow me to put money down on a vehicle either. Which is fine, it’s how they wish to do business. Also because I did a lot of my own research into ford and the hybrid technology and I really like it so I made the switch. Regret it at the moment.

OP
OP

EricM2019

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Contact a lemon law lawyer and see if you can get your money back or a new truck.
This is my next step to see if it actually applies in this case. I’ve worked with the salesman, the dealership, Ford Customer Service. I was hoping the first issue would be the only one, but after this Ford service guy literally told me to just get used to the new noises and drive it, I’m at a loss. I told my salesman I wanted a refund or be put in a different truck 3 -4 weeks into the first issue but they refused.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I bought my truck March 15, broke (heat exchanger) on second day. 6.5 weeks later I get it back and four days after that I’m now hearing a clicking noise under the truck. Dealership actually told me to just drive it and get used to the new noises trucks make. I’ve had this truck nearly 2 months and it’s only been in my driveway for 6 days. I came from a 2011 Silverado and this is my first new truck and first Ford period. Is continual breakdowns common? If you have had similar experience, did you just go with it? Im at a loss at the moment.
Vehicles don't just make clicking, rubbing, groaning, squeaking noises without something being wrong. It is not normal and no you don't just drive it. Sorry to hear that you have been to 3 dealers and they are all bad. Maybe it's time to try an independent shop you trust to look into the clicking issue. This is mechanical so a good suspension/ driveline shop should be able to at least identify the problem. Good luck.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
My Powerboost has about 700 miles on it, and I just started noticing a clicking noise today from under the truck. Only really noticeable with the window down and stereo off. Sounds like something to do with the motor/trans engaging and disengaging upon letting off the gas and reapplying when moving slowly.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I know it's not easy if you don't have someone to help, but you gotta make an effort to narrow down where a "clicking noise" is coming from. They even have electronic ears that can help zero in on the source.
The dealerships are notorious for not caring about your vehicle as much as you do. But you have to care enough too.

As for the leaking heat exchanger..... That was unfortunate for you to have gotten a leaker. It would be a painless experience if the dang replacement part was available. So a plastic valve that wasn't manufactured to spec has now soured the new truck experience for what appears to be several hundred folks. I'm definitely keeping an eye on mine. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
My powerboost makes all weird kinds of clicks, whirls, groans, and pumping sounds at random times. I thought it was normal for this hybrid. I'm at five months and 4500 miles.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My Powerboost has about 700 miles on it, and I just started noticing a clicking noise today from under the truck. Only really noticeable with the window down and stereo off. Sounds like something to do with the motor/trans engaging and disengaging upon letting off the gas and reapplying when moving slowly.
Good morning! I would be happy to look into your F-150's noise concerns on my end. To get started, could you please send over a private message with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your F-150's VIN?

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
YES. I have had mine since July. Nothing but problems. 6 visits to dealer service. It is impounded at the dealer now because the rear axle bolts are sheared. Seems to be a common problem. New axle is backordered until mid to late June.
So far
1) Key not detected
2) Wipers will not work without short swiping.
3) Bad vibration/shudder at 55-65 MPH
4) Trailer plug falling out of bumper.
5) Trailer brake controller recall
6) Drive Shaft insulation recall
7) 1-3 Shifting feels like truck has been rear ended
8) Grinding in rear wheel
9) 7.2kw ProPower onboard ground fault

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I've had mine for 16 months, no issues at all!

I did have the windshield recall and something about the insulation inspect near drive shift that can cause a clicking noise and wiper motor recall, which they will call me when they have the parts.

Non of the recalls have caused any noises or problems. I do think I'm the majority and not the minority for there are not really a lot of post of failures.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
No, it is not how things are these days.

But, it happens. Especially on first generation anything.

I have a 21 XLT Powerboost with no issues.

I feel for the people that have problems! But, supply chain issues are real.

These things happened before. But, it was generally an easy replacement.

So, yes, this is how things are these days. But, it is not a Ford only issue.
Sponsored