Sponsored

Is There No Aftermarket Mufflers For The 2021 F150's?

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I now see it is even on the Raptor! Ford is not the only one doing this fake noise crap. Not being a techie I don't want to mess with the set up. You would have to disable it before you change out to a performance exhaust if I understand all of this stuff. I don't see any posts where the owner says he has disabled the piped in sound. If you don't do it aren't then hearing two sounds, one real and one fake? I am going to the carwash and rev my motor in std. mode then in Sport to see if I can tell the difference. Now I feel like I bought an AR15 that only shoots plastic bullets.
No need to disable it you can just change out the exhaust so it sounds better and more aggressive. The augmented sound in the cab wont go away but the real exhaust sound will probably overpower it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
No need to disable it you can just change out the exhaust so it sounds better and more aggressive. The augmented sound in the cab wont go away but the real exhaust sound will probably overpower it.
Is the fake sound only during the Sport Mode?

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I am waiting for the Roush system, cat back, side exhaust. 2021 RCSB Best chance for not voiding the warranty and works directly with Ford. High quality Company.. Then Roush cold air intake. Going the safe and sure route the first time out of the chute. I think I will even have the dealer install it so it will not void the warranty as the service guy told me. I am still going to learn a lot more before I pull the trigger. haha
Regards, from San Antonio...
I'm curious what the Roush system will cost. I'm thinking of just going with cutouts. Push the button and instant trauma

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
From everything I have read (way too much) the 5.0 DOESN'T NOT have piped in exhaust tune
I agree and I m going to find out one way or another

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Cant find it anywhere because ford doesn't really advertise it since its nothing to be proud of, but just because of the simple fact that it sounds louder in different drive modes leads me to believe that it does indeed have it. Our exhaust isn't an active system so no real way for it to get louder just from us changing drive modes so it is most likely being pumped through the speakers.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Could you just record from a phone by the speaker when you get on it?

Sponsored

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I just got off fordraptorforum.com and they have a thread about disabling the sound on their trucks so it must be on all trucks. Damn!

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I just got off fordraptorforum.com and they have a thread about disabling the sound on their trucks so it must be on all trucks. Damn!
I could see it being on the Raptor.

Smithpw1

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 Lead Foot
did they find a way to disable it?

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Price of MRBP muffler -$589.99 Roush muffler $945.99 The reason give was materials and the Roush travels to the rear bumper vs. the MRBP exists out the side. To me the Roush sounded better but at twice the price not sure I would opt for it. Also Roush only comes in chrome, no black.
Sponsored