• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is there a Market for Lariat 20” wheels?

MannyFrescoSC

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I’m likely going to get a Lariat but will put 17” wheels with 33’s on. Anyone here want them and what would you offer?
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I’m likely going to get a Lariat but will put 17” wheels with 33’s on. Anyone here want them and what would you offer?
There would be huge demand since the bolt pattern will fit the ICE F150 which there are many on the road.

I would put them on a marketplace (FB or eBay or OfferUp) online - it will sell for a good chunk of change to fund your 17".

As for 17" - is there a specific reason for that size w/ 33" tires ?

I opted for the (Pro or XLT) 18" wheels so that I can put on winter (snowflake on mountain) tires for when I take her up to the mountains for fall/winter steelhead fishing...
Of course, the winter tires will be the same OEM size.....

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
There would be huge demand since the bolt pattern will fit the ICE F150 which there are many on the road.

I would put them on a marketplace (FB or eBay or OfferUp) online - it will sell for a good chunk of change to fund your 17".

As for 17" - is there a specific reason for that size w/ 33" tires ?

I opted for the (Pro or XLT) 18" wheels so that I can put on winter (snowflake on mountain) tires for when I take her up to the mountains for fall/winter steelhead fishing...
Of course, the winter tires will be the same OEM size.....
I"m guessing Manny is like me and wants more tire side wall for off roading or general ride comfort.

OP
OP

MannyFrescoSC

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I"m guessing Manny is like me and wants more tire side wall for off roading or general ride comfort.
Yup this and I like a slightly aggressive looking truck. Getting AT tires like KO2’s or something similar.

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
I will definitely be looking for lariat rims to put on my Pro truck. Love the looks of them. Not sure what fair value would be though

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Yup this and I like a slightly aggressive looking truck. Getting AT tires like KO2’s or something similar.
Same here, but I'm going with Falken Wildpeaks.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
This is another tire on my shortlist ?
I like it because it handles slightly better in snow but much better on wet pavement. I had K02s on my Raptor and it got a little tail happy when unloaded and wet. However that may not be the case with the Lightning, due to the added weight..

I'm still investigating ATs that give better range. So far the only AT I know of, for that, is the Pirelli Scorpions that Rivian is using. But it seems to be a bit more vulnerable with it's sidewalls. So I'm still researching it.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just make sure you are planning on the range hit. I put KO2s on my 2016 and it was almost a 20% decrease in MPG on the highway vs. stock. If they picked lower rolling resistance stock tires on the Lightning (likely), you could be seeing a really big hit!

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
People are definitely buying used take-off wheels/tires but don't expect a lot, especially since the aero wheels on the Lightning aren't everyone's cup of tea.

The Pro is shipping with 18" wheels, the Lightning is a heavier truck than the other F-150s, so it's possible that they will be using larger diameter discs. Also, I can't remember seeing any wheel specs but the offsets might be different than the fossil fuel trucks.

As for swapping out wheels on BEVs:

The Lightning wheels appear to be aero wheels, prepare to lose some range if swapping them with aftermarket or factory ICE wheels. Here's an article where an E-Golf loses about 20% of its range after a tire swap:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...stickier-tires-impact-an-electric-cars-range/

Cliffs notes version:

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...-can-have-a-huge-effect-on-electric-car-range

Swapping within the Lightning lineup should probably be fine. I also don't know if Ford has released the wheel specs yet, the offset could be different and from looking at pictures the bolt pattern looks the same but who knows.

The E-Golf example above is extreme, the aero wheels are supposed to add 1-2% to the efficiency of the vehicle and it looks like they're retained for the test, So it shows how much of a hit is possible not using low rolling resistance tires. How low rolling resistance the Lightning tires will be remains to be seen.

OP
OP

MannyFrescoSC

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I like it because it handles slightly better in snow but much better on wet pavement. I had K02s on my Raptor and it got a little tail happy when unloaded and wet. However that may not be the case with the Lightning, due to the added weight..

I'm still investigating ATs that give better range. So far the only AT I know of, for that, is the Pirelli Scorpions that Rivian is using. But it seems to be a bit more vulnerable with it's sidewalls. So I'm still researching it.
Start a thread. I’m also doing similar research

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I may be interested after I see what the wheel specs are if and when I get my truck. I use all season through most of the year. The winding hills and icy conditions of western PA require soft rubber snows and 4A common sense on pickups. But I’m guessing you’ll sell stock rims and tires as a set. That wouldn’t work for me.

Torch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
If you are going with 17" rims make sure the fit on the rear of your truck. Gas trucks with max tow package have the larger rear brakes
Anyone know if 17” aftermarket rims will fit on a Powerboost?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I may be interested after I see what the wheel specs are if and when I get my truck. I use all season through most of the year. The winding hills and icy conditions of western PA require soft rubber snows and 4A common sense on pickups. But I’m guessing you’ll sell stock rims and tires as a set. That wouldn’t work for me.
Good news is that with the batteries and the rear motor the lightning will have much more even weight distribution and should handle way better in the snow than a typical truck
Sponsored