Sponsored

Is the Panoramic Moonroof Laminated Glass?

xaiverson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 501a Powerboost
I was thinking about getting a clear, to little, tint on the pano moonroof to add some UV protection for the inside as I don't have a garage. If it's laminated though, my understanding is that these block damaging UV rays so a tint for that purpose may be useless? Same for the windshield.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Look for the block of writing on some section of the glass.

There is a thread on windshield tinting that got sidetracked. Someone pointed out the writing on the windshield and side windows showing it was tinted to 70% VLT, then proven with a UV exposure card.

I can also attest to the UV blocking on the front just anecdotally. I tan noticeably on a 1 hour lunch bike ride, but 3 days of 10 hours of driving and my left arm was the same color as my right. When I used to commute to work in a much older car, by left arm was always noticeably darker

OP
OP

xaiverson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 501a Powerboost
Look for the block of writing on some section of the glass.

There is a thread on windshield tinting that got sidetracked. Someone pointed out the writing on the windshield and side windows showing it was tinted to 70% VLT, then proven with a UV exposure card.

I can also attest to the UV blocking on the front just anecdotally. I tan noticeably on a 1 hour lunch bike ride, but 3 days of 10 hours of driving and my left arm was the same color as my right. When I used to commute to work in a much older car, by left arm was always noticeably darker
Interestingly, the front L/R windows are labeled as "acoustic laminated", and the rear L/R as just tempered. Moonroof was labeled tempered as well.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a