Sponsored

Is the lock button touch sensitivity adjustable?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I’ve noticed that the lock button on the driver side seems a lot less sensitive than the passenger. Where the passenger side will lock with a quick tap or touch like other cars I’ve driven, the driver side I sometimes have to hold my hand against it and move around before it locks.

I’m hoping theres a sensitivity setting or something that can be adjusted.

I also just got Power-up 1.4 but haven’t tried it since as I’m away from the truck for a few days.
Sponsored

AggieEng

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost 6.5' Box
Following: I’ve got the same issue on mine. In fact, I use the key code pad to lock my truck more often than the button on the handle.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I found that on the driver's side, when I get out I tend to still wrap my hand around the handle even when I was trying to lock it. The truck gets "confused" as to whether I am trying to unlock or lock the truck. Unlock wins. May not be the same issue, but I thought I'd add my 2¢.

OP
OP
Merccat

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I found that on the driver's side, when I get out I tend to still wrap my hand around the handle even when I was trying to lock it. The truck gets "confused" as to whether I am trying to unlock or lock the truck. Unlock wins. May not be the same issue, but I thought I'd add my 2¢.
lol! I did that too with my wifes car when she first got it, confused the heck outta me for a minute.

Not that in this case though, already learned that lesson.

Passenger side, just a touch like I’d expect but driver side its like you gotta get exactly just the right spot or something. Can’t find any sort of setting, guess it’s something to mention to the dealer service when I call to schedule the first oil change.
Sponsored