• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Ford Underestimating the Demand for the Pro Trim?

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Max Trailer Tow Package is an option on all trims, except Platinum, where it's standard.

Intelligent Access is a nice feature. Phone As A Key would force you to move up to Lariat. PAAK has not worked reliably for me on MME. What I really want is Remote Start. For those hot days, to cool the cabin down before getting in.
Max Trailer Tow Package is only 7,700 pounds with SR battery, which is only battery option on Pro.

I'm not personally tempted to go up to Lariat just for phone as a key, though I do want a good leather solution and have never previously had to consider an aftermarket leather retrofit.

I do wish there was a better option for the Max recline seats. I'm not going to Platinum for that, then still paying more fore the seats but it sure seams like a great feature for an EV that needs to make long refueling stops when traveling (or making a nice camping setup).

Do we know what is in the Advanced Security Pack that starts with the Lariat?
Sponsored

Skynetf150

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Occupation
Construction
Gen 1? I'm all in on the Pro now. I was in the XLT ER camp but getting a Gen 1 Electric truck that can satisfy 95% off all my uses for under $30k (I live in Oregon) is a no-brainer. I plan on buying it with Ford Options and selling it back to buy a nicer trim in 4 years.

Unfortunately, Ford's idea of allowing the Public to buy the cheapest fleet model (Pro SR) but not the ER fleet model (Pro ER) may end up backfiring. The almost $20k jump in price to get the ER for us consumers is causing others like me to just settle for the Pro SR. I have no problem driving my electric truck and waiting 4 years for Ford to get a better grasp on batteries and technology before investing $60k+.
100% agree I just want the pro model with extended range than when gen 2 comes out I'll buy a xlt

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Adaptive cruise control is very much a key item that makes upgrading to the XLT a no brainer for me (along with everything else). The Lightning is going to be our primary family road trip vehicle and that is just so much nicer with ACC. Blue cruise I really don't car about. I am good keeping my hands on the wheel.

tr0gd0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Do we know for sure what features the Pro will and won't have? I see people mentioning that Intelligent access won't be available, but do we have any confirmation of that?

I assume people are just assuming the XL features will carry over, but we already know the pro has push button start which isn't on the XL (according to the pre-production vehicles we have seen reviewed)

The pro also has a 12" Infotainment screen standard while the XL has an 8" screen.

I think we will see different options between the Pro and XL and I would be surprised if Intelligent access is not offered on the Pro trim.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Do we know for sure what features the Pro will and won't have? I see people mentioning that Intelligent access won't be available, but do we have any confirmation of that?
Ford F-150 Lightning Is Ford Underestimating the Demand for the Pro Trim? 1633842835600

Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

I assume people are just assuming the XL features will carry over, but we already know the pro has push button start which isn't on the XL (according to the pre-production vehicles we have seen reviewed)

The pro also has a 12" Infotainment screen standard while the XL has an 8" screen.

I think we will see different options between the Pro and XL and I would be surprised if Intelligent access is not offered on the Pro trim.
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...-lightning/pdf/F-150_Lightning_Tech_Specs.pdf

Subject to change, as that spec sheet was released at reveal before they got feedback from the public, but I wouldn’t count on it.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Easy answer:
ER battery
Cloth seats
work station
running boards
9.6 power outlets
80 amp charger
20 inch wheels/upgraded tires
I could care less about the cameras and driver assist gimmicks and I happen to dislike the huge screens in all EVs so the XLT lets me get what I want and keep the traditional heat-ac-fan knobs and regular screen size.

$150 per month more than a Pro to have what I want.
EASY DECISION
On a 72 month note with 0% interest the difference in payment between $40k (base pro) and $60k (XLT ER) is over $250 a month.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
On a 72 month note with 0% interest the difference in payment between $40k (base pro) and $60k (XLT ER) is over $250 a month.
Not to mention adding in the options like 9.6Kw, 20" wheels on top of the ER battery

Rocky Wabbit

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
I can easily see the van as the pro demonstrator as it is aimed at places like Amazing and Food delivery Whse /controlable delivery range vehicle with acceptable range & usage settings. Easy to prove the vehicle worth and still be the basic F150 power platform!
Of course the XL platform is also the most reliable has been proven to me over and over, just not as comfortable.

Rocky Wabbit

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
(quote) 75% of the 150k Ford F-150 Lightning reservations have never owned a Ford.

Most of the varying speed vehicles is see on the I-States are either Soccer vans of Hybrid Toyotas. Drivers that want to be green or on their Cell Phones.

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Completely agree on the adaptive cruise control... I really want this.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Completely agree on the adaptive cruise control... I really want this.
Hopefully they can iron it out by the time Lightning comes out and an OTA update will fix the ACC on my early 2021 build; since as it operates now, it's super clunky. The truck will maintain speed until it gets too close to the vehicle in front and suddenly stop accelerating instead of tapering off, then if the vehicle in front slows, changes lanes or turns the cruise control clamps down on the brakes hard to maintain the set distance. I have experience with Honda's system and it's nearly seamless, almost as if it's reading my mind. The Ford system is like driving with an idiot.

So nobody get too excited or let the absence of new features turn you off from the Pro.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
$150 a month or $250 a month - doesn't matter because even the ER battery is worth it. Start saving now or get a second job for a year. When I was young, I had weekend jobs here and there to get ahead.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
$150 a month or $250 a month - doesn't matter because even the ER battery is worth it. Start saving now or get a second job for a year. When I was young, I had weekend jobs here and there to get ahead.
Yeah, the ER battery really is a steal. Not only do you get the range, you get a power bump equivalent to adding a supercharger or turbo setup to a V8 (lower end of the scale to be sure). That alone is $5k or $6k. Plus you get the Charge station pro that is worth $1k to $1.5k

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Hopefully they can iron it out by the time Lightning comes out and an OTA update will fix the ACC on my early 2021 build; since as it operates now, it's super clunky. The truck will maintain speed until it gets too close to the vehicle in front and suddenly stop accelerating instead of tapering off, then if the vehicle in front slows, changes lanes or turns the cruise control clamps down on the brakes hard to maintain the set distance. I have experience with Honda's system and it's nearly seamless, almost as if it's reading my mind. The Ford system is like driving with an idiot.

So nobody get too excited or let the absence of new features turn you off from the Pro.
Something isn't working correctly for you, but what you describe is not my experience so far with ACC. In fact it's rather "polished" on mine except the overreaction it makes when the vehicle in front of me changes lanes and continues to slow down. The sensors or logic-code is way too slow at releasing that vehicle as the "active" vehicle to monitor for cruising. I have learned to anticipate the circumstance and manually override the throttle.

But for open road (highway/interstate) I'm very pleased with it. Combined with lane-centering, this truck eats up the long miles and pampers me all the while.

I'm surprised that if the difference between our trucks is just massaged code, that there wouldn't be an update available. But that makes me wonder if it's really something else.
Sponsored