• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Ford Underestimating the Demand for the Pro Trim?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Yeah, the ER battery really is a steal. Not only do you get the range, you get a power bump equivalent to adding a supercharger or turbo setup to a V8 (lower end of the scale to be sure). That alone is $5k or $6k. Plus you get the Charge station pro that is worth $1k to $1.5k
And you'll get a lot of the money back when you go to sell it.

The only time I think SR is the way to go is on the Pro because you're paying more like $15k for the battery/power bump (because XLT is more like $5k worth of upgrades over Pro, IMO).

If you're buying an XLT or Lariat, ER is kind of a no-brainer.

Even if you don't WANT the 80A charging station, you could sell it to recoup some battery cost.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
But for open road (highway/interstate) I'm very pleased with it. Combined with lane-centering, this truck eats up the long miles and pampers me all the while.
With no traffic, there's really no problems with my truck either. Same with lane-centering, which is impressive other than the annoying 'keep hands on wheel' alert when I already have my hands on the wheel ready to react if the truck doesn't.

The ACC wants to adhere too closely with the set following distance that if you are approaching slower traffic it won't let off the throttle until you are too close and then abruptly slow down. The Honda/Acura system that I have also used eased off the gas a ways away from slower traffic and creeped up to the set distance. Even on the farthest setting for following distance there's not much of a buffer zone to accommodate a car in front that isn't driving at a constant speed, so it's a very spastic experience.

Same thing with acceleration and I have read here another person complaining about the abrupt acceleration from the ACC; you can have a person who's lost or on their phone abruptly change lanes or turn suddenly and the truck will slam on the brakes, then the instant the vehicle in front is clear, the truck accelerates just as quickly.

It's possible that there are updates, though when I checked from my truck's settings screen, it said everything is up to date.

Rocky Wabbit

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
I choose taper off the closing speed on the traffic in front of me and not braking hard if I can avoid it. :) There are way too many Lane jumpers here doing 90 blowing past !

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
So my Kia smart cruise control sounds very much like this. The lane centering is WAY worse though, it plays pinball bouncing me around. My Model 3 though is really, really good. Other than the occasional random hard brake in the middle of the highway ;)

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
So my Kia smart cruise control sounds very much like this. The lane centering is WAY worse though, it plays pinball bouncing me around. My Model 3 though is really, really good. Other than the occasional random hard brake in the middle of the highway ;)
I drove cross country in a 2020 Kia Telluride this summer and the lane centering was excellent.

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I drove cross country in a 2020 Kia Telluride this summer and the lane centering was excellent.
Odd... I have a 2020 Sportage top of the line package and it was a pinball machine!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Odd... I have a 2020 Sportage top of the line package and it was a pinball machine!
Does it have lane keep assist, or actual active lane centering? These are two different things. The lane keep assist will ping pong as it is designed to only help when you drift over the line. The active lane centering will actually keep you in the middle and steer for you.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The telluride has 'highway driving assist' and 'lane following assist' available which are not available on the Sportage. I don't know all the details of these systems but look at the owners manuals for both vehicles to understand the difference.

Rocky Wabbit

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
Guys the thread isn't about Kia or Hundai stuff. Thas in the 150,000 Throw away thread.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
The telluride has 'highway driving assist' and 'lane following assist' available which are not available on the Sportage. I don't know all the details of these systems but look at the owners manuals for both vehicles to understand the difference.
Ahhh thank you!

Rocky Wabbit

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
This is a F150 XL thread not Kia or Hundi Junk 150,000 mile throw away thread. (y)
Sponsored