• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Ford order confirmation delay a thing?

StephanWolf

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I have a reservation number and plan on ordering a Pro version when the ordering opens on the 26th.

I also ordered a Maverick, but didn't have a reservation, so I just went in to my local dealer and placed an order. They said they enter their orders into the system on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I had not received a confirmation email by the next week, so I contacted the sales rep. He said they had submitted the order to Ford, and were waiting for order confirmation. He said he would send me the order ID as soon as he has it. Are there some reasons why an order submitted might not get immediate acceptance or confirmation from Ford?

I'm okay with missing out on getting a Maverick this year, but I don't want to miss out on getting a Lightning if I can help it.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The dealer enters the order number, not Ford. When the dealer enters the order, it immediately goes into the scheduling system. If they did everything correctly, it will show "Unscheduled-Clean".

IMO, your dealer isn't being very truthful.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer, 2021 F150
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Dealers seldom actually order the same day you do. They appear to be waiting for a few orders before submitting them all at once, and allocation might play into this as well.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Maverick allocations are mostly gone. Your dealership most likely isnā€™t being truthful and is probably sitting on your order, hoping they will get some more allocations.

If they had an available allocation and your order was accepted into the system, confirmation email goes out within 24 hours..

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
You are forgetting another human factor, that the email address entered by the dealer could be wrong. Mine was wrong, the dealer confirmed it after i inquired for them to check. Obviously i received no email confirmation from ford.

They ended up sending me a screenshot of their order confirmation. That is my receipt so to speak.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Yes, human error can be a factor too. But the dealership can confirm the order went through and show confirmation, change an email address, whatever. If the order was truly submitted, they wouldnā€™t still be waiting on confirmation the following week.

Another factor that may have an effect is option availability. We recently ordered a ā€˜22 Bronco Sport and while order banks opened at the end of August, we couldnā€™t submit our order initially. The system wouldnā€™t accept orders with the moon roof or with a few other option combinations. I have not kept up to date on Maverick ordering status other than most of the allocations are all gone at this point. ā€¦Would have ordered the Maverick myself if they had offered 4WD/AWD with the hybrid drivetrain.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Part of the human error can be code entry. If you follow Long MacArthur Ford on YouTube, you will find that he mentions some of the common mistakes dealers make when entering priority codes, etc. Which could come down to the quality of staff training.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Your order number should be on your order spec sheet. What you should be waiting on is a VIN once it is scheduled.
Sponsored