iOS 15 Issues

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Anyone else experiencing issues with the latest ios 15?

since updating my phone no longer connects automatically to my truck via Bluetooth and CarPlay. The only way I can connect now is to hardwire.

I have tried erasing the connection and re connecting and it works but next time I start my truck I am back to square one with no Bluetooth/CarPlay automatically kicking on.
Sponsored

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
If 15.02 doesn't fix it, backup your phone on your computer (not iCloud, iCloud will take forever to restore) and then I would do an erase and restore from that backup, just to make sure you have a clean install of IOS 15. I've had issues before that an update doesn't work right, and a clean install fixes it.

OP
OP
Agashi25

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Did you update to 15.0.2 that was released yesterday?

It has some CarPlay fixes.
Good call! I didn’t realize another patch came out. I’ll try this !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Agashi25

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
If 15.02 doesn't fix it, backup your phone on your computer (not iCloud, iCloud will take forever to restore) and then I would do an erase and restore from that backup, just to make sure you have a clean install of IOS 15. I've had issues before that an update doesn't work right, and a clean install fixes it.
That was going to be my last resort. Hopefully this update will fix it. Thanks!

OP
OP
Agashi25

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Still nothing working for me.

We have 3 iPhones and all do the same thing.

Not only do they not auto connect to CarPlay wirelessly I noticed even Bluetooth was not connecting for voice calls.

What’s really strange is if I go to turn off my Bluetooth on my phone while I am in the truck my phone warns me that CarPlay will be disconnected if I turn it off… yet no CarPlay on my truck and no Bluetooth connection.

Something is wrong and I am too lazy to go to a dealer so for now I have to tether my phone via usb for anything to work. So frustrating. Is there a reset option on the Sync system?

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Still nothing working for me.

We have 3 iPhones and all do the same thing.

Not only do they not auto connect to CarPlay wirelessly I noticed even Bluetooth was not connecting for voice calls.

What’s really strange is if I go to turn off my Bluetooth on my phone while I am in the truck my phone warns me that CarPlay will be disconnected if I turn it off… yet no CarPlay on my truck and no Bluetooth connection.

Something is wrong and I am too lazy to go to a dealer so for now I have to tether my phone via usb for anything to work. So frustrating. Is there a reset option on the Sync system?
It could be the phone software and not the Sync4's issue. Did you try the clean reset? I clean reset my phone every few months anyways as it clears up storage, among other stuff.

But I am grateful for your post, I wont be upgrading to iOS15 anytime soon :), just in case

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Have you tried removing the phones from SYNC and re-connecting them? I haven’t had any issues on mine.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Have you tried removing the phones from SYNC and re-connecting them? I haven’t had any issues on mine.
I think that would be a good thing to try, even if you have done a clean install on the phone. I've not upgraded to IOS 15 yet.

OP
OP
Agashi25

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
** UPDATE **

I tried the whole “hold the power button plus skip track for 10 sec” for the soft reset. This did not work.

I then dug through the sync 4 settings and found a master reset option and did that. It completely wiped sync 4 and even removed my app access but once I got everything reconfigured it seems to be working fine now!!

For anyone concerned about ios15 I don’t think that was the issue. I believe it was a sync4 issue on my truck. We have several iOS devices some on 15 and other on older version and none of them were working.
Sponsored