• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
The Lightning must have close to twice as large a battery as the Mustang Mach E but yet DCFC times are onlya bit longer. Will it be charging at over 200kWh?
Yeah, either the Lightning charges at 150kW all the way from 15-80%... meaning its profile is much more flat than Mach E, OR it charges faster than 150kW (or both).

Because at ~160 kWh battery size, 15-80% is 104 kWh. 104 kWh in 41 minutes (per Ford) is ~152 kW... average! Not peak, average. So, if 150kW was the actual limit, then that would mean it has an etron-like charge profile.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Thought of 1 more if it isn't too late:

Will the F150 have a propulsion sound and if so will be me the same or different from the Mustang Mach-e?

Can't wait to see whatever answers you can get!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
When does he expect order banks to be open?

With Tesla opening up SC stations to other automakers are they talking with Tesla about this or are they strictly going to stick with EA.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
1. Will there be a more off road oriented package available for the Lightning?
2. Is X-Plan going to be available, for the Lightning, at launch?
3. Will people with reservations get a chance to experience or even drive the Lightning before ordering?
4. Is Ford going to take any action to insure dealerships don't charge any dealer markup on ordered Lightnings?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Cloth seats for the Pro was mentioned as a vague possibility on here before. Is it a thing? And yes, no ADM please.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
Will the twin panel moonroof be available on the XLT?

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
I just got an invite to see it on the 16th. 4-hour drive... On a workday...

Hmm...

I'm all in if it's a test drive / ride along. If it's just a touch and feel.... eh.

Hello F-150 Lightning Reservationist,
You are invited to an exclusive, limited-capacity, All-New, All-Electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Truck event. As a reservation holder, this is an opportunity to explore the all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning prior to vehicles arriving in dealership.
Please note, attendees reserving a spot will be asked to provide their Lightning reservation number upon check-in. Based on anticipated demand and overall capacity, pre-registration is strongly encouraged to ensure your spot at the event. Capacity will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, while availability lasts.
Pre-Register here: https://www.F-150LightningTour.com
We look forward to seeing you!
Thank you,

The Ford F-150 Lightning Team

Last edited:

wingfiry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When does he expect order banks to be open?

With Tesla opening up SC stations to other automakers are they talking with Tesla about this or are they strictly going to stick with EA.
There are other charger networks other than EA on the Ford network. (Greenlots, EV Connect, Chargepoint, FLO, and EVgo at present) I wouldn't expect Tesla to be added anytime soon.. They do plan to open up their network to other manufacturers in late 2022, but only in Norway. There is currently no timeline for opening the network in the US.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I would like to know if the DC fast charging curve is going to look like the Mach-E or if the data from the Mach-E is going to help improve the Lightning's charging curve. More specifically, under optimal conditions how long do they expect the Lightning to charge at 125 kW or better?

I expect that they will be tweaking this up to the last minute and don't 100% know the answer to this yet, but I would like to hear their response.
Would also like to know if the charging speeds can be improved with a software update or if it will be capped at 150kw forever.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Is anyone else constantly refreshing this thread waiting and hoping for some answers?

Eric56

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 S10
I just got back from the showing today in Palo Alto they said that it would go 300 miles with 1000 pounds in the bed. No firm date on orders being opened but that it would be before the end of the year. They had the iced blue version there. There were no test rides or you couldn’t even get in it

Ford F-150 Lightning Invited to see the F150 Lightning tomorrow (8/5) and meet with Ford's General Manager of EV's. Submit Your Questions! A6ECD708-E5FC-4523-952E-0EB4885DC536

Eric56

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 S10
I suggested that they have someone join this site so they can answer questions

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I just got back from the showing today in Palo Alto they said that it would go 300 miles with 1000 pounds in the bed. No firm date on orders being opened but that it would be before the end of the year. They had the iced blue version there. There were no test rides or you couldn’t even get in it

A6ECD708-E5FC-4523-952E-0EB4885DC536.jpeg
Thank you for confirming this is iced blue silver, taking it off of my list of color choices (too much silver, not enough blue). Honestly not even sure why they have it, it looks so similar to iconic silver that I can't tell them apart unless they are side by side.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.