• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Calling all F-150 Lightning order or reservation holders in the New York area tonight! Please join the Ford team for an exclusive preview of the all-new, all-electric F-150 Lightning. You’ll have the opportunity to see firsthand one of Lightning's unique power features at work, grab some cool Lightning merch and enjoy a ride in the truck*

TONIGHT Wednesday April 13, 8 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Register here
[*limited and provided on a first come, first served basis]
Sponsored

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Just registered. Can't wait.

By a completely bizarre coincidence, I'm coming in to the city from Jersey tonight to drop my wife and daughter at a Broadway show. Was just gonna kick around the city while I waited for them to finish.

Now I know what I'll be doing :)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Would have been nice to know about this in advance, but I can't make it last minute.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Would have been nice to know about this in advance, but I can't make it last minute.
Sigh..just a bit too far away from Albany to run down there after work. Perhaps if I'd know in advance I'd take a half day..

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Sigh..just a bit too far away from Albany to run down there after work. Perhaps if I'd know in advance I'd take a half day..
Yup - was thinking the same thing. The next day as well - this event runs until 10:30pm, which means getting home close to 2pm. Getting up at ~5:30 the next day for work would be very painful!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup - was thinking the same thing. The next day as well - this event runs until 10:30pm, which means getting home close to 2pm. Getting up at ~5:30 the next day for work would be very painful!
I mean I've done it before for a concert at MSG....but its rough the next morning when you roll back to Albany at 2am. I've already gotten a ride in the Lightning.. another ride I may just get more impatient waiting. to order. :(

Any word on where you are in the pecking order at Metro? Morris has been suspiciously silent.. not answered the last few emails I sent.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I mean I've done it before for a concert at MSG....but its rough the next morning when you roll back to Albany at 2am. I've already gotten a ride in the Lightning.. another ride I may just get more impatient waiting. to order. :(

Any word on where you are in the pecking order at Metro? Morris has been suspiciously silent.. not answered the last few emails I sent.
The gods shined on me and I got to order yesterday. No idea how or why, but I am not complaining!

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I received one of the VIP invitations yesterday with a bunch of alternate dates between now and April 24. From what I understand the VIP pass doesn't get you into the show, but it does give us a way to bypass the lines for the ride.

I'm looking forward to my ride and all the merch opportunities.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I received one of the VIP invitations yesterday with a bunch of alternate dates between now and April 24. From what I understand the VIP pass doesn't get you into the show, but it does give us a way to bypass the lines for the ride.

I'm looking forward to my ride and all the merch opportunities.
They are probably in town for the NY auto show...I plan on rolling down to NYC Sunday or Monday...

Sponsored

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Ford, I am a long way from NYC, but would love to host a drive session in the Portland Oregon area where we could tow trailers on the farm and have a real world adventure!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Can you send me merch anyway? I can’t make it tonight because of SoCal traffic

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Bullet proof glass in the Lightning would help me feel much safer on a NYC demo ride.

Ford F-150 Lightning Invite: F-150 Lightning Showcase & Demo Ride in NYC Tonight! 1649870797824

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Okay that was awesome.

The good folks a Ford dramatically undersold how cool this event would be.

The event was in the DUMBO neighborhood in Brooklyn. Right on the East River between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. WAY fancier than I expected. Passed hors d’oeuvres! Fancy food stations! Open bar! Swag! More like an industry event for people in town for the auto show than a customer event. Most people were well-dressed - sport coats, cocktail dresses and such. I was in jeans and a Rutgers hoodie. I was dramatically underdressed :p Regardless, everyone was extraordinarily nice.

Anyhow, they had a couple of Lariats set up there to check out and were giving rides in a Platinum. There may have been multiple trucks out for rides, I'm not sure. Only slight drawback is the cobblestone streets of DUMBO are not at all a good place to open up the Lightning. I'd never even seen one in person before so it was cool to get to take a ride around Brooklyn, though. I reserved a ride at the auto show next week so hopefully that'll give a better feel for the power.

I'm an awful photographer but still got a few cool shots.

Lightning with the Brooklyn Bridge and Freedom Tower
Ford F-150 Lightning Invite: F-150 Lightning Showcase & Demo Ride in NYC Tonight! IMG_0839

Swag Frunk!
Ford F-150 Lightning Invite: F-150 Lightning Showcase & Demo Ride in NYC Tonight! IMG_0840

Swag close up. Not too shabby.
Ford F-150 Lightning Invite: F-150 Lightning Showcase & Demo Ride in NYC Tonight! IMG_0841

They had a couple of projectors in the bed of this Lariat projecting a promo video on the wall of the building
Ford F-150 Lightning Invite: F-150 Lightning Showcase & Demo Ride in NYC Tonight! IMG_0848

All in all and awesome time. Thank you Ford!
Sponsored