First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500 ecodiesel 2x4
Occupation
construction subcontractor
got a 2k generator system on my lariat regular 3.5 and the inverter under the seat has the fan always blowing. i leave my back seats up and this is loud. even when i enter the menus and manually turn the outlets off its still blowing, sometimes randomly turns off for a while. you guys have this?
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Yes, same here. You have to turn it off manually every time you start-up the car. I haven't found a way to configure it to off until it is needed.

OP
OP

JimboJames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500 ecodiesel 2x4
Occupation
Yes, same here. You have to turn it off manually every time you start-up the car. I haven't found a way to configure it to off until it is needed.
as lame as that is, even when i go into my generator settings on the sync 4 and completely turn it off, the fan still runs

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
as lame as that is, even when i go into my generator settings on the sync 4 and completely turn it off, the fan still runs
Give it a few min's it will turn off.. We specifically made sure not to get the 2kw on mine and my dad's truck because we didn't want to hear the fan or deal with turning it off every time.. Seems silly that it is JUST on for no reason.. Maybe if you were pulling more current I could see it running, but doing nothing really doesn't make sense..

OP
OP

JimboJames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500 ecodiesel 2x4
Occupation
Give it a few min's it will turn off.. We specifically made sure not to get the 2kw on mine and my dad's truck because we didn't want to hear the fan or deal with turning it off every time.. Seems silly that it is JUST on for no reason.. Maybe if you were pulling more current I could see it running, but doing nothing really doesn't make sense..
youre right, it turns off after a couple of minutes. so now when i get in the truck i have to turn off auto stop start then go into the menus and turn off outlets even though gen mode is already off. seems like an update or aftermarket flash will be required.

Sponsored

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
Did anyone ever learn more about this? Having to turn this off every time I start the truck is maddening.

OP
OP

JimboJames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500 ecodiesel 2x4
Occupation
Did anyone ever learn more about this? Having to turn this off every time I start the truck is maddening.
i start the truck, turn on eco mode, turn off auto start stop, and then drag my screen to the left so i can turn off the inverter. dumb. could probably unplug the inverter until you really need it.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Is this the case with all trucks that have the 2kw, or just a few of you having some issues? This is not what I want to hear since I ordered it with mine.

OP
OP

JimboJames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500 ecodiesel 2x4
Occupation
Is this the case with all trucks that have the 2kw, or just a few of you having some issues? This is not what I want to hear since I ordered it with mine.
unless they changed it after the first batch of trucks, it is the same for all 2kw inverters. for me it is hardly noticeable when the seat is folded down, but i drive with the back seats up so i can store things and that exposes the inverter and it's loud ass fan.

Cleanerguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT Black Widow
Occupation
Self employed
Hello all. I just picked up a new F150 and my inverter fan runs constantly. Has anyone asked the dealer about this? I can turn it off if I shut off pro-power but it keeps coming back on.

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Hello all. I just picked up a new F150 and my inverter fan runs constantly. Has anyone asked the dealer about this? I can turn it off if I shut off pro-power but it keeps coming back on.
No fix that I’m aware of. I’ve just got in the habit of turning it off every time I drive it
Sponsored