Intrusion alarm due to a flying insect

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
Has any one else had the intrusion detection system go off because you got a flying bug in the truck.

We are camping this weekend and when we got back to the campground and we're unloading the truck a bug flew in. I tried to get it but gave up and didn't think anything else about it. Then later at 1:30 am the intrusion alarm went off. Nothing was going on with the truck so I went back to bed. Then, it went off at 3:00 am. That is when I remembered the bug. I found it and smashed it. The alarm did not go off again.

I also find it irritating when you put it in generator mode so you can leave the truck running with the dog in it. That way the a/c keeps it cool in there. But then the dog sets off the alarm.

Is there a way to turn the intrusion detection off?

Here is the offending bug. About an inch long.

Ford F-150 Intrusion alarm due to a flying insect IMG20220905025925
Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
There is a setting to ASK if you want the interior alarm sensors armed when the truck is locked. We almost always have a dog with us so I want to disable the alarm. If you go through the settings in the middle screen there's something where you can disable them entirely or have you ask each time you shut the truck off. I set it to ask, and I only forget about 50% of the time.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Happened to me when I was updating my truck back in March. Two flies got in and I couldn't get them out. I ended up disabling the interior sensors until the next day when I was able to get both of the flies out.

OP
OP

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
Thanks for the replies. That was really easy to set. I guess I should have looked, but I still was irritated that Ford didn't take the time to make a algorithm to detect if it is a bug in the truck.
Sponsored