Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Link?

Please explain how I would disconnect them and I’ll be happy to test this theory. I peeked down there today and see the “motor” I guess and some wires around it. Is it a simple canon type plug?
You will see 2 black hoses going to the IWE. One IS a hose and just vents to atmosphere. The other is a wire harness. I suspect that you could just trace it back to the closest connector?

I would try putting it in 4A and then unplugging it.
Put it back in 2H and the grinding no more? Theory being that without voltage/signal, the stepper motor can't disengage the IWE?
Sponsored

Poorspecimen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future f150 owner
Occupation
Manager
Bummer, mine's the tremor and has the specific half shafts. I'm surprised more Tremors don't have the issue, but ti does seem like it's becoming slightly more frequent.
I have a ‘21 tremor and have the same/similar issue. I found this tread from the Tremor Forum.

Reactions: TJE

knpstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 2.7
Just to add to the thread my 2021 Lariat has this going on. Running it in 4A only for the time being

Reactions: TJE

Cdempsey

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Been experiencing a hum/howl from the front left of my 2022 F150. It’s happened 4 times now over the 5 months I’ve owned it. 3 times at the exact same spot, going 45mph and slightly turning right. It sounds like a wheel bearing hum or howl that lasts for 15-20 seconds then goes away. Almost sounds like going over a rumble strip on one side. The last time it happened I put it in 4wd and it immediately went away. Anyone else experience this before? 3800 miles
I have a 2023 F150. Started doing this 3 days after I left the lot at 600 miles. Did is several times over a week so I took it in for service. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong but some loose panels in the undercarriage. They literally drove it 2 miles. This is so infuriating! I got a video of the noise (just sounds like humming or rumbling, but it’s louder first hand) I’ve had it back for 10 days and it’s done it several more times. Taking it back in, service appointment for 3/11/24. They literally told me just to drive it until it breaks but that’s not going to work for me. Why buy a brand new truck just to wait for it to break down? This is my 3rd f150 since 2019 and I am less then satisfied with the whole deal.

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
21’ powerboost. I have this issue but it seems to appear most frequently when I am turning right at a slower speed. I have never heard it when turning left. Once is get up over 12mph, it seems to go away.

Sponsored

BAreEhD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 501A
Been dealing with this issue since last year as well. For me, it's a rubbing noise at slow speeds (<30 km/h) and turning slightly left, about an eighth of a turn. Dealer has made multiple attempts to fix and is stumped. Hopefully Ford can release a fix soon....

Chip Stronghold

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost FX4 Lariat
22 Powerboost, FX4, Lariat and I’m experiencing the same issue. 39k miles.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
22 Powerboost, FX4, Lariat and I’m experiencing the same issue. 39k miles.
That's odd. Your truck shouldn't even have IWE front hubs. Now I'm really curious.

Chip Stronghold

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost FX4 Lariat
That’s correct, I verified that I do not have IWE and I’ve had this problem for a while now. Thought it was maybe factory pirelli tires, so I replaced them. Still having problem. Feels like a wheel bearing. I feel like it isn’t as bad though when the truck goes into electric driving.

BAreEhD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 501A
Hi Folks, my truck has been back from the dealer for a week now and the noise is gone. They said mine was the first truck that they've done this procedure on, but they're optimistic that it'll work. Apparently the hotline had run out of suggestions, and this one came from engineering. Hopefully it helps you, because I for one am tired of going back and forth to the dealer for this
Ford F-150 Intermittent hum or howl from front end 1000008167
!

Sponsored

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
Add another, 2021 30,000 miles, it may have been doing it this whole time but I haven’t really noticed until now. Colder weather seems to aggravate the issue.

Most noticeable in colder temps, morning time, and first 5 or so miles of my drive, while coming to a stop, like 20mph and down. Sounds like a very low frequency hum/buzz/vibration as if my tire is faintly rubbing on my wheel well plastic on drivers front.

It is intermittent and sometimes comes in and out while it’s doing it, it is however much more noticeable with radio off and climate fan off on smooth pavement.

This is exactly my issue as well. '21 with 27k miles.

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
Hi Folks, my truck has been back from the dealer for a week now and the noise is gone. They said mine was the first truck that they've done this procedure on, but they're optimistic that it'll work. Apparently the hotline had run out of suggestions, and this one came from engineering. Hopefully it helps you, because I for one am tired of going back and forth to the dealer for this
1000008167.jpg
!
This is promising

SaskTremor

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Sales
1000008167.jpg
!
Interesting! Going to bring this up to dealer! Be great to get an update from you after a month or two!

Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored