First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I use these and just place them around the filter.

https://www.amazon.com/DIYMAG-Neodymium-Magnets-Double-Sided-Adhesive/dp/B07B6PS8XV/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Strong+Magnets+Rare+Earth+Neodymium:+Bar+Super+Permanent+Metal+Rectangular+Adhesive,+60x10x3mm,+Powerful+Pull+Force,+6+Piece&qid=1610392362&sr=8-3

Use to use these till they got too expensive, it uses the same magnetic as above and why I don't understand the high price.

https://www.amazon.com/FilterMAG-SS...ZGXJ1XTWAJM&psc=1&refRID=4T2GC8BRAZGXJ1XTWAJM

I Just use Mobile one full synthetic.

This site has some crazy strong magnets of all shapes and sizes. You can build your own way cheaper. https://www.kjmagnetics.com/

Just stick it to the filter.
+1 for MobilOne. Best product out there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Push from the right side. That plate seems to be held on with rubber grommets on one side and Pins on the other. It worked on three trucks last night...
Yeah man, no go. Tried all directions and angles. Bad clips or bad plastic. It’s loose too. My driver side window switch is bulging up too, noticeably. Hopefully dealer can fix it all.

Ford F-150 Interior quality issues image

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Yeah I'm old school and drop my oil somewhere between 1500 to 2,000 and then add full synthetic.

They say you don't have to that but no way I leaving all that break-in trash till 10,000 miles. I even have a magnetic on my oil filter for any of the extremely small ferrous metals that show up during the break in.
I have become a fan of the mobile 1 10,000 mile oil, and changing it every 5-7k. I will use pennzoil platinum too.

call me old school too, I have a 22hp twin aircooled engine on my duck hunting boat that I did a full 2.5 hr break in cycle on a stand and has had 3 oil changes in 12 hours of use...

Attachments

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
Yeah man, no go. Tried all directions and angles. Bad clips or bad plastic. It’s loose too. My driver side window switch is bulging up too, noticeably. Hopefully dealer can fix it all.

image.jpg
Ah, that sucks. Good luck, sir!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have become a fan of the mobile 1 10,000 mile oil, and changing it every 5-7k. I will use pennzoil platinum too.

call me old school too, I have a 22hp twin aircooled engine on my duck hunting boat that I did a full 2.5 hr break in cycle on a stand and has had 3 oil changes in 12 hours of use...
Ya'll look like you going to war! Lol

Yeah I a big believer in fresh clean oil, I use the Pennzoil Platinum in my Hellcat, that is what Dodge recommads for that engine. Good stuff too but on the pricey side too. Lol

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Ya'll look like you going to war! Lol

Yeah I a big believer in fresh clean oil, I use the Pennzoil Platinum in my Hellcat, that is what Dodge recommads for that engine. Good stuff too but on the pricey side too. Lol
With 1600 miles on mine, I guess it's time for a change and a switch to Mobil-1 as well...
:cool:

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've got a few "Fit and Finish" gripes:
Wireless charge pushed in too far and missing the clip to hold your phone vertical;
Same issue with the right side of the dash being a bit loose at the US flag connector;
Slot on the center console for your phone is coming loose;
And then this one, on the attached video: under the glove box, the black cover wasn't attached firmly with the little black plastic push clips. But more interesting, when I got down to push them into place, it appears that a complete piece of trim may be missing?

Oh, and maybe I'm being silly, but the smell from inside the center console is just plain rotten.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I've got a few "Fit and Finish" gripes:
Wireless charge pushed in too far and missing the clip to hold your phone vertical;
Same issue with the right side of the dash being a bit loose at the US flag connector;
Slot on the center console for your phone is coming loose;
And then this one, on the attached video: under the glove box, the black cover wasn't attached firmly with the little black plastic push clips. But more interesting, when I got down to push them into place, it appears that a complete piece of trim may be missing?

Oh, and maybe I'm being silly, but the smell from inside the center console is just plain rotten.

Not silly at all. Definitely warrants some answers and corrections from the dealer.
what’s that smell like? Is it like a chemical scent or some funky stuff?
And I hope someone posts a pic of that missing piece so you can ask that dealer why they got it and you didn’t.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not silly at all. Definitely warrants some answers and corrections from the dealer.
what’s that smell like? Is it like a chemical scent or some funky stuff?
And I hope someone posts a pic of that missing piece so you can ask that dealer why they got it and you didn’t.
Hey Eric,
Mine was a "stock" order, which is one reason why I received it earlier than most. Pretty sure that the dealer wasn't aware of the (missing?) trim.

And, that smell is definitely a chemical odor - probably associated with manufacturing process.
All in all, it's been an interesting vehicle!

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Hey Eric,
Mine was a "stock" order, which is one reason why I received it earlier than most. Pretty sure that the dealer wasn't aware of the (missing?) trim.

And, that smell is definitely a chemical odor - probably associated with manufacturing process.
All in all, it's been an interesting vehicle!
I hear you bro. Some things are beyond the dealers hands but you are missing the phone clip and some parts just don’t look right.
these trucks aren’t exactly cheap so at the least you should be saying your brand new truck is sweet instead of interesting.
some guys on here we’re really fortunate and were handed awesome new trucks that look and feel amazing. Other guys, not so much. And that stuff kills me. Especially since we’ve all been super excited for delivery day whether it was a custom order or one from the lot, first F150 or sixth.

When someone comes to pick up their brand new truck it’s Ford’s and the dealer’s responsibility to make sure that guy/girl is overwhelmed with that new truck feel and not have to worry about anything, big or small.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I use these and just place them around the filter.

https://www.amazon.com/DIYMAG-Neodymium-Magnets-Double-Sided-Adhesive/dp/B07B6PS8XV/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Strong+Magnets+Rare+Earth+Neodymium:+Bar+Super+Permanent+Metal+Rectangular+Adhesive,+60x10x3mm,+Powerful+Pull+Force,+6+Piece&qid=1610392362&sr=8-3

Use to use these till they got too expensive, it uses the same magnetic as above and why I don't understand the high price.

https://www.amazon.com/FilterMAG-SS...ZGXJ1XTWAJM&psc=1&refRID=4T2GC8BRAZGXJ1XTWAJM

I Just use Mobile one full synthetic.

This site has some crazy strong magnets of all shapes and sizes. You can build your own way cheaper. https://www.kjmagnetics.com/

Just stick it to the filter.

==============================================================
Bob, I'm using Mobile 1, a K&N oil filer + Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Magnetic Sump Drain Nut Oil Drain Bolt

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don’t get me wrong. I love this truck. Just a few issues with a new model. Not complaining. Just pointing them out so that others know what to look for.
I will be posting a detailed review on delivery, impressions, etc within the next few days

Last edited:

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

image.jpg
did you ever get the trim fixed? Mine is bad like that too.
Thanks.

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Picked up my KR today. I'm having a problem opening the upper glove box. IE it won't open! I assume it opens by pushing on the top edge to open, but it is just seemed latched closed. Can anyone confirm how it is intended to be opened and where I might slip a thin blackjack or something to release the latch? I'm flying blind trying to open this box!

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
There is a button on the center stack just to the left of the upper glovebox. That is the release.
Sponsored