First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
Finally got my truck, great so far, but interior overhead lights aren't working. No light in media bin or center console, nor do door lights come on. I've screwed with every combo of settings and nada. Buttons in headliner do nothing (and aren't lit either).

Almost like bcm isn't provisioned right or something.

Am I missing something stupid or do I have to put this in the shop already?
Sponsored

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Take it back to the dealer. Just got my truck on Saturday, and lights are all working. I’m sure it’s an easy fix.

1sick21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
There’s a switch on the overhead console area that you need to push for all auxiliary lights to work when the ignition switches off and the doors open.

OP
OP
libby2cm

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Stuff
Switch or button? None of the buttons are lit up on overhead nor do they do anything (altho roof and rear window controls work). No light in media area or center console either. Lights around usb ports do work as does ambient lighting.

Checked harnesses and fuses, nothing obviously wrong. Bunch of scrap tape under hood too from where they laced in harnesses I guess. Few bolts rolling around in the back and a nut fell from under hood when I opened it.. no idea where it came from.

Definitely trading this in before 36k is up.

1sick21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Switch or button? None of the buttons are lit up on overhead nor do they do anything (altho roof and rear window controls work). No light in media area or center console either. Lights around usb ports do work as does ambient lighting.

Checked harnesses and fuses, nothing obviously wrong. Bunch of scrap tape under hood too from where they laced in harnesses I guess. Few bolts rolling around in the back and a nut fell from under hood when I opened it.. no idea where it came from.

Definitely trading this in before 36k is up.
It has a picture of a light on it if I’m not mistaken.

Sponsored

OP
OP
libby2cm

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Stuff
Checked them all and harnesses... Probably cut wire in a loom somewhere. Look forward to dealer tearing it down and never being right... Sigh.

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. However, i'm sure it has to be a setting. I can push the light buttons for one or both and they go off and on just fine by pushing them. But they don't go on when you open the door.

OP
OP
libby2cm

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Stuff
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. However, i'm sure it has to be a setting. I can push the light buttons for one or both and they go off and on just fine by pushing them. But they don't go on when you open the door.
Does the light in media tray and center console work?

Mine does nothing when I push buttons in headliner. Map/dome lights won't come on at all.

Sponsored

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Does the light in media tray and center console work?

Mine does nothing when I push buttons in headliner. Map/dome lights won't come on at all.
Then I think you may have a fuse issue. I figured out the button the console that turns both on is the one that controls the doors. Page 135 of the manual. In fact, when it's off it lights up. Center console lights work so if pushing the separte lights and they don't come on, that's an issue and needs to go to the dealer. However, check one more thing. on the left side of the steering wheel is a ambient light button (see page 136 of the manual) you can decrease and increase the interior ambient lighting. trying increasing the lighting first and make sure someone didn't put that on the lowest setting first. If that doesn't help, then I'd take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
libby2cm

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Stuff
i checked fuses for things that looked applicable, but not doors. locks, mirrors and windows work on all doors, but now that you mention it, i can't remember if backlighting on door buttons worked or not.. i don't think it did. I did adjust ambient lighting, and all of the ambient lighting does work oddly. backlighting on center console buttons works, and ambient lighting around usb ports in media area works. but light for media area, light inside center console and all overhead lighting doesn't work. no backlighting on buttons in ceiling console either. it has to be a cut/pinched wire in a harness somewhere is what I am thinking, but it's still odd given the combo of lights that do/don't work.

I sent a note to dealer, he is talking to service to see when I can get it in and give me a loaner, it's just a pita, esp for a new $75k vehicle, and i know they are going to have to tear interior apart to trace it out and it will never be right again.. the sloppiness concerns me too, given rando screws I found and cut pieces of masking tape everywhere... there were even 3 or 4 rubber bands hanging around oil filler neck under hood and a huge wad of masking tape balled up behind motor. The trailer hitch wiring adapter was even just rolling around loose inside driver side door pocket. Obviously these are trivial things individually, but makes me wonder if they, say, forgot to install a few bolts on frame or put a screw thru liIon pack.. lol.

Andrew546

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost
I experienced the same thing. I finally found the button near the map lights which had an amber light on. This solved my issue but it sounds like you've looked that all over already. Mine came off though. The ambient lighting was also off. There have been so many things I expected would be turned on as the default setting but weren't.
Ford F-150 Interior lights not working Image from iOS (6)

OP
OP
libby2cm

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Stuff
I experienced the same thing. I finally found the button near the map lights which had an amber light on. This solved my issue but it sounds like you've looked that all over already. Mine came off though. The ambient lighting was also off. There have been so many things I expected would be turned on as the default setting but weren't.
Image from iOS (6).jpg
Well, to the shop it goes.. it was a fun 35 miles I put on it! fml.

Ford F-150 Interior lights not working dtc22

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
i checked fuses for things that looked applicable, but not doors. locks, mirrors and windows work on all doors, but now that you mention it, i can't remember if backlighting on door buttons worked or not.. i don't think it did. I did adjust ambient lighting, and all of the ambient lighting does work oddly. backlighting on center console buttons works, and ambient lighting around usb ports in media area works. but light for media area, light inside center console and all overhead lighting doesn't work. no backlighting on buttons in ceiling console either. it has to be a cut/pinched wire in a harness somewhere is what I am thinking, but it's still odd given the combo of lights that do/don't work.

I sent a note to dealer, he is talking to service to see when I can get it in and give me a loaner, it's just a pita, esp for a new $75k vehicle, and i know they are going to have to tear interior apart to trace it out and it will never be right again.. the sloppiness concerns me too, given rando screws I found and cut pieces of masking tape everywhere... there were even 3 or 4 rubber bands hanging around oil filler neck under hood and a huge wad of masking tape balled up behind motor. The trailer hitch wiring adapter was even just rolling around loose inside driver side door pocket. Obviously these are trivial things individually, but makes me wonder if they, say, forgot to install a few bolts on frame or put a screw thru liIon pack.. lol.
Very concerning. I have also seen rubber bands on my truck and I have a large scratch on the roof of my truck where my sunroof is. My VIN number is MFA 23497 and I believe MFA stands for the Dearborn plant in Michigan....
I would be curious to know what trucks have more issues from which plants.
Sponsored