zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing something odd with my F-150 and could use some insights. My truck usually sits for about a week at a time, connected to a 4-amp trickle charger which keeps the battery stable at around 13 volts. I've verified the charger's effectiveness and correct placement for the BMS, and all seems well there.

However, after letting the truck sit for about 3 days, when I open the door, none of the lights or screens turn on unless I press the start button. Interestingly, there are no alerts for low battery or power-saving mode, and the Ford app shows everything as normal without any signs of battery issues.

Could this be a built-in power-saving feature that activates when the truck is idle for a few days, even though it’s connected to a charger? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any thoughts or similar experience
Sponsored

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing something odd with my F-150 and could use some insights. My truck usually sits for about a week at a time, connected to a 4-amp trickle charger which keeps the battery stable at around 13 volts. I've verified the charger's effectiveness and correct placement for the BMS, and all seems well there.

However, after letting the truck sit for about 3 days, when I open the door, none of the lights or screens turn on unless I press the start button. Interestingly, there are no alerts for low battery or power-saving mode, and the Ford app shows everything as normal without any signs of battery issues.

Could this be a built-in power-saving feature that activates when the truck is idle for a few days, even though it’s connected to a charger? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any thoughts or similar experience
Yes, I had the same issue with my 21 Platty EB. Even though I had mine on a trickle charger , it would go into a low power state. My interior lights stay off until I drove the truck for awhile. I also couldn’t remote start my truck from the Ford Pass app

nikon858

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ f150 platinum powerboost
I was having this issue. Resetting the bms and charging directly to the battery fixed it for me.

Chappy133

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat 3.5 EB
Occupation
Retired US Army
Check out this video, found on this forum, on how to hook up a charger to Ford with a Battery Monitoring System (BMS). Jump ahead to @ 8:40 to go straight into BMS and charging. He does a great job of explaining the system and how to hook up the charger so the BMS knows you are charging the battery.

OP
OP
zacko11288

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
This is the video I originally followed when hooking up my trickle charger. Thx
Sponsored