Sponsored

Interior dog covers/mats

sledge4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F-150 (XLT PB Hybrid, 302A, SAP, max tow)
Hello,

Looking for suggestions from fellow F150 dog owners on options for dog covers for interior. Things to cover area such as the window frame to protect it when the dogs try to put there head in the window or covers for center console and/or seats.

Being able to fold up the back seats is great but they still jump up front at times.

Haven’t been able to find options that conform properly.

Thanks!
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I went with the Orvis brand seat cover. its a lot more expensive than most of the amazon stuff, I have tried both. This one is worth the money.

I went with the seat cover versus the hammock style as my dog knows the drill and stays put. and I still have access to the floor behind the front seats.

The XL size fits the F-150 perfectly.

not sure if you were looking for backseat covers after re-reading. sorry if this misses the mark.

Ford F-150 Interior dog covers/mats IMG_6611

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I did the hammock style on Amazon and it works great. The dog hopping off the seat was not so much of a worry as that she had an easily upset stomach most of her early life and her puking a few minutes into a vehicle ride was pretty much as much of a routine thing as turning the engine on and using turn signals. Sometimes it would go on the seat but sometimes into the rear footwell. The hammock style was useful to catch it all so it could just be wiped out or the whole thing could be removed and washed periodically. Was another good layer of protection to back up the rear floor mats.

As she got older she barfed less in the vehicle so the hammock part is usually not left tied to the front seats anymore. It cost like 35 bucks and they did probably 6-7 years in my 09 Tundra and has now been in the back seat of my Powerboost for the last year. The dog doesn't even ride with us much anymore but it also catches crap from my kid snacking back there.

Last edited:

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
Chewy.com. has lots of different styles, types and price points. They have stuff for front and back seats, door protectors, etc.
I went with the one in the link below for the back seat. It's easy to put in and take out, takes maybe a couple minutes. Passengers can still sit in back as the seatbelts/buckles are still accessible. It's well made, fits well and you can just wipe it off or take it out and hose it down. Plus it was pretty cheap.
FRISCO Water Resistant Bench Car Seat Cover, Regular, Black - Chewy.com

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I've used the Mud River XL seat cover in my last three trucks and works great. Super durable, waterproof and works great at keeping the truck clean with my dirty hunting dog. If I have the seats up I fold it in half to cover the floor but if I want the seats down it provides full coverage across the seats.

https://www.gundogsupply.com/the-2-barrel-utility-mat-xl.html

Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I use a few things to help contain/reduce destruction from my often over-energized goldendoodle. Bushwacker dog barrier to keep him from coming up front, Bushwacker door protectors for the rear door panels, Rough Country neoprene rear seat covers and the Ford rubber floor mat. All from Amazon except the rear floor mat which came with the truck.

Ford F-150 Interior dog covers/mats 20230413_181430

Last edited:
OP
OP
sledge4

sledge4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F-150 (XLT PB Hybrid, 302A, SAP, max tow)
Thanks everyone for the ideas.

I do already have the factory rubber mats throughout the truck which works well with the messy dogs.

Just getting concerned with the paws on the window frame. Already seeing indents from when they hold on tight.

Then there is the jumping from back to front and vice versa.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
When I take the dog for a ride I fold up the rear seats. I have Weathertech door protectors. They have a 22" wide protector while most others are 26-28" wide. I would have loved to spend half the money, but I didn't see a 22" wide door protector elsewhere. My dog stays put in the back.

nall

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Tinkerer
Following this thread for dog pics haha

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat FX4 2022 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Retired FDNY
I use this net from Dirty Dog 4x4. I have a 10 month old 90+ lb black lab who loves to ride up front
When it's just me and him. When the GF is in the truck he tries to get up on her lap.
Ford F-150 Interior dog covers/mats Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 6.29.42 PM

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I used a dog hammock for years in previous vehicles, but the one I have now leaves too large of an unsupported area between the rear/front seats. I don't like it in the F150 so no longer use it.

Now I just flip up the 60% rear and let him sit on his bed.

Edit:

Obligatory pic

Ford F-150 Interior dog covers/mats IMG_2259

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
we fold up the back seat and i have a seat cover from some pet place i bought back in 2013
its held up very very well
i lay it across the folded seat bottom to drape across floor
the pit likes to sneak up to the passenger seat if no one is there. so i have a heavy towel there

last trip to florida was actually an easy dog clean up, just a bit of slober on the center console
a few nose prints on the glass.

Last edited:

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I use this net from Dirty Dog 4x4. I have a 10 month old 90+ lb black lab who loves to ride up front.
What do you use for the lower attachment points? On my Silverado, I used the seat rails but I couldn't find any good spots on the F150.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat FX4 2022 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Retired FDNY
It comes with all the hardware. Easy install. Plastic hooks go under the door trim and 2 small bungees go under the console. Only downside is that the crossbar blocks part of the rearview. It's worth the tradeoff. Henry can still stick his big black nose through to get attention.
Sponsored