Interior colors (dash, door panels) look horrible

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Is it just me or do some of the dash and door panel colors look gaudy for a few of the models?
Lariat does not look luxury at all, and kinda cheap from their build configurator..
Hopefully they change with seat color options or things will look better in person.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I'm trying to reserve judgement until Ford releases the full config tool and photos of interior options. That being said, I am not impressed with a lot of what I am seeing.

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Gotta go with the sport Model in my opinion looks great

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
Anyone think that velocity blue on the lariat sport would be a terrible mix? Been back and forth between a platinum or loading up a lariat with the sport package. I tend to like bold colors and I would either pick velocity blue or rapid red, but I feel like that lariat sport interior will clash horribly with the blue exterior...if You could mix trim levels and packages more you could really get what you want, but its so limiting once you pick one level.

Sponsored

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
yea the sport interior makes me lean towards red as well. I like both the red and blue but feel like the blue exterior might seem weird once you open the doors..

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
My top preference is "Space White'" but the F-150 builder (at dealership) won't allow it on Lariat Sport even though its listed in the Order spec sheets leaked weeks ago.... oh well.

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
My top preference is "Space White'" but the F-150 builder (at dealership) won't allow it on Lariat Sport even though its listed in the Order spec sheets leaked weeks ago.... oh well.
any idea what the material on the lariat sport grill is? Praying it’s not plastic, right?

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Anyone think that velocity blue on the lariat sport would be a terrible mix? Been back and forth between a platinum or loading up a lariat with the sport package. I tend to like bold colors and I would either pick velocity blue or rapid red, but I feel like that lariat sport interior will clash horribly with the blue exterior...if You could mix trim levels and packages more you could really get what you want, but its so limiting once you pick one level.
honestly - I reckon you won't even notice after a couple of months. the dark red accents are subtle enough that they break up the monotonous black. They'll never be visible from the outside - and while you're driving, you'll probably notice it at first, but for me, it'd blend in soon after. Go for whatever exterior color makes you happier.

my last 2 models have been the loaded Lariat sport (rapid red, then magma red) - if I were getting it again, i'd definitely go for a velocity blue (the contract with the dark grey wheels, and the black grill are awesome). this time I'm going to get the platinum (antimatter blue) - but i do love the velocity blue (which I can't even get in the platinum)

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
honestly - I reckon you won't even notice after a couple of months. the dark red accents are subtle enough that they break up the monotonous black. They'll never be visible from the outside - and while you're driving, you'll probably notice it at first, but for me, it'd blend in soon after. Go for whatever exterior color makes you happier.

my last 2 models have been the loaded Lariat sport (rapid red, then magma red) - if I were getting it again, i'd definitely go for a velocity blue (the contract with the dark grey wheels, and the black grill are awesome). this time I'm going to get the platinum (antimatter blue) - but i do love the velocity blue (which I can't even get in the platinum)

Thanks, good advice!! Currently have a lariat and was hoping to step up but on the fence about platinum vs lariat sport right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gotta go with the sport Model in my opinion looks great
How so? From what I can tell, all the sport package does regarding the interior is black seats with red accents.. Doesn't change the dash pad or door panel colors..

OP
OP

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I'm right there with you.. The Space White on the confiurator looks nice.. Need to see it in person as I'm reading it will trick your eyes pretty well.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
How so? From what I can tell, all the sport package does regarding the interior is black seats with red accents.. Doesn't change the dash pad or door panel colors..
Maybe I misread this, but the photos of the Sport Interior I have seen provide black seats with red piping, red center arm rest, red upper door panel trim, red gauge cluster hump, and red passenger side dash pad.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Maybe I misread this, but the photos of the Sport Interior I have seen provide black seats with red piping, red center arm rest, red upper door panel trim, red gauge cluster hump, and red passenger side dash pad.
yep, a deep red / burgundy

Ford F-150 Interior colors (dash, door panels) look horrible 21 Lariat RR interior

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Thank god its just not straight black blah blah interior.
So sick of that shit
Sponsored