First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I got to get me one of those jobs, a lot of babble - haters going to hate but Ford Truck is the only Truck I'm going to own. :)
As real a real world test as there is.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I saw that video Bob and if those numbers are accurate for the F150 Hybrid, all I can say is well done Ford.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I saw that video Bob and if those numbers are accurate for the F150 Hybrid, all I can say is well done Ford.
I noticed they used 91 octane and that could help boost it. It is rated for 87 but of course do a little better on 91. I think at 24 in real world is killer and should not be an issue unless you have a lead foot.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I noticed they used 91 octane and that could help boost it. It is rated for 87 but of course do a little better on 91. I think at 24 in real world is killer and should not be an issue unless you have a lead foot.
“unless you have a lead foot.”

Ummmmm................

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
I took my 17 F-150 XLT w/ 3.5 Ecoboost 10 spd auto in for warranty work (cam phasers & rough shifting trans). They had my truck about a month having issues getting parts, presumably because of delays due to Covid. Any which way my loaner was a 20 Fusion Hybrid which opened my eyes to them. I would drive for MPGs and was hitting 50+ mpg, but I would flog it as well and was getting 30+ mpg while driving like a rental car. LOL. If I saw correct EPA numbers on this car they were only rating it for 32ish. So again it was an eye opener. Thankfully Ford didn't put a similar Transmission in the F-150 because the Fusion seemed to only have one gear (Slow), I'm guessing it was a CVT. So at least the F-150 Powerboost has a 10 spd similar to what I'm used to.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I took my 17 F-150 XLT w/ 3.5 Ecoboost 10 spd auto in for warranty work (cam phasers & rough shifting trans). They had my truck about a month having issues getting parts, presumably because of delays due to Covid. Any which way my loaner was a 20 Fusion Hybrid which opened my eyes to them. I would drive for MPGs and was hitting 50+ mpg, but I would flog it as well and was getting 30+ mpg while driving like a rental car. LOL. If I saw correct EPA numbers on this car they were only rating it for 32ish. So again it was an eye opener. Thankfully Ford didn't put a similar Transmission in the F-150 because the Fusion seemed to only have one gear (Slow), I'm guessing it was a CVT. So at least the F-150 Powerboost has a 10 spd similar to what I'm used to.
You are exactly right about the hybrid and any vehicle for that matter.

I've had a few Toyota hybrids in the past and if you just learn how to drive a hybrid by learning the high yielding techniques, it becomes second nature.

When you do this you will exceed all EPA ratings. Not saying you can't have fun with it from time to time but let your normal driving be easy starts, coast as much as you can coming to stop lights/signs and drive at resemble speeds, that will make a huge difference in your MPGs.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
You are exactly right about the hybrid and any vehicle for that matter.

I've had a few Toyota hybrids in the past and if you just learn how to drive a hybrid by learning the high yielding techniques, it becomes second nature.

When you do this you will exceed all EPA ratings. Not saying you can't have fun with it from time to time but let your normal driving be easy starts, coast as much as you can coming to stop lights/signs and drive at resemble speeds, that will make a huge difference in your MPGs.
Please oh please don't become a PRIUS HYPER MILAGEer! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
Please oh please don't become a PRIUS HYPER MILAGEer! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
LOL. I gotta say it was kind of addicting to try and best your milage. But again I will say that while driving my 20 Fusion loaner car like the rental car that it was. I was still getting quite reasonable mileage whilst whipping past some Prius'. LOL
Sponsored