Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I can see them using the update as a lever to encourage us to renew our subscription at the end of the current 3-year subscription.
Sponsored

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
I live in the Austin metro area and drive on the freeways in the city every day.. On the map, all the freeways are shown as BC capable..

However, BC is very inconsistent.. On certain stretches it works every time but on others it is a hit and miss.. Sometimes it engages for very brief periods and disengages.. It is not correlated to the time of the day, direction of the sun or weather conditions..
The thing I noticed with BC is that it's very sensitive to the clarity of the lane markings. I made a 1000 mile trip using it a lot, and would laugh as it would disengage anytime I passed an exit where the lane widened instead of a new lane forming with a clear marking line. Basically, if you don't have 2 lines on either side of the truck for a few seconds, it disengages. From what I can tell BC hands free is basically "certified lane keep assist". Or, hey, we know our lane keep technology will keep you in the lines on these highways. But, that may help you understand your issues. Is it because you are driving in the right lane and there are on/offramps screwing it up. Are you going though lots of construction where the lines aren't as clearly marked that is throwing it off.

The funny thing to me is I use BC all the time even on non BC roads. It just never engages the "hands free" mode, but as long as the lines for the road are clearly marked, it will follow them. You just need to give the steering wheel a random tug now and then or it yells at you.

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
I can see them using the update as a lever to encourage us to renew our subscription at the end of the current 3-year subscription.
Shit, this would make the subscription make a lot more sense and be a lot easier to justify. I don't see them providing functional software updates as part of a subscription as a bad thing. I would LOVE some of these current updates, especially the lane repositioning one.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...now I am gun shy when passing a truck...
You should be! Half these guys are jerking off on their phones and the rest are angry foreigners who JDGAF.

I’ve always passed big rigs as soon as I can and it’s maddening to see cars doddering along beside them going 1/2 a MPH faster than the tractor trailer.

The first year that I started riding a motorcycle, I witnessed three trailer tires catastrophically fail. Two exploded into the lane next to the trucks and the third started sending chunks of rubber straight up into the air before they started raining down onto the highway like mortar fire.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Unless I'm missing something, neither of those currently show blue cruise coverage.
Sure do... I live outskirts of Nashville. It may not seem evident, but you can see the thicker gray blue difference. Ya can see it on 386 by arrow... this works the same on your 12"screen. Just zoom out. Has been a long time. I confirmed that it is correct when I tested it when bc first came out.
So now you have 3 ways to look.
Ford F-150 Interactive BlueCruise Map is Live bc_example

Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Sure do... I live outskirts of Nashville. It may not seem evident, but you can see the thicker gray blue difference. Ya can see it on 386 by arrow... this works the same on your 12"screen. Just zoom out. Has been a long time. I confirmed that it is correct when I tested it when bc first came out.
So now you have 3 ways to look.
bc_example.jpg
I stand corrected, you're absolutely right. Great observation

Mug Costanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat Powerboost
Sorry if I'm missing this here but I'm on 3.5.2, updated 9/16. When I go to update it says it's the current version so are they just really slow at rolling this out? I have a 2022.

All I care about really is fullscreen Carplay. Waiting patiently for that.

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
They gave us 2021 owners Alexa and full screen carplay. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get some love too.
Full screen CarPlay? I've been trying to get my '21 to do that, and no luck yet.
Sponsored