Installing Raptor lights

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Well, I may have messed up. I have a 21 Platinum and I bought lights from f150leds.com and after waiting about a month for delivery they arrived and I attempted install yesterday. Unfortunately their installation wiring instructions were incorrect for this model and after I finally was able to reach their support through text and their very delayed response they had me try a couple things which did not work. Today I was able to figure it out but when I finished the white headlight surround on the left side does not illuminate and the driving light on the right side is out.

What a mess! Is it possible I damaged or shorted the led units?

By the way, the lights I installed are very dim and not what I expected.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Well, I may have messed up. I have a 21 Platinum and I bought lights from f150leds.com and after waiting about a month for delivery they arrived and I attempted install yesterday. Unfortunately their installation wiring instructions were incorrect for this model and after I finally was able to reach their support through text and their very delayed response they had me try a couple things which did not work. Today I was able to figure it out but when I finished the white headlight surround on the left side does not illuminate and the driving light on the right side is out.

What a mess! Is it possible I damaged or shorted the led units?

By the way, the lights I installed are very dim and not what I expected.
Actually, the driving light on the right side is not out.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was thinking of these but was concerned they would not first in the Platinum grill. They were very nice about getting me measurements. If you have a chance could you post a picture as to where you mounted them and how they look? thanks

OP
OP

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was thinking of these but was concerned they would not first in the Platinum grill. They were very nice about getting me measurements. If you have a chance could you post a picture as to where you mounted them and how they look? thanks
They may be responsive before the sale but they ghosted me when they found their instructions were not applicable to the high end models.

i determined that my light failed due to a blown fuse that I must have done with their bad advice. Working now but I’ll remove the “Raptor“ lights because they are so dim.

If you want to experiment you can mount these anywhere along and under the top grill edge.

Ford F-150 Installing Raptor lights 97A06C3C-E8AD-4E3A-A56D-026C164FAA27

Sponsored

Bowhunter3D

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrican
Thanks keeps me form buying from them
Custom Auto Works Store will have a Plug & Play Raptor style grill light for the Platinum & King Ranch ready some time next week They currently have the Limited-Lariat-XL-XLT kits ready now all Plug & Play Amber or White
Ford F-150 Installing Raptor lights 2021 22

Bowhunter3D

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrican
Here is a picture of custom auto works Platinum kit and it's Plug & Play no wires to tap
Ford F-150 Installing Raptor lights 2022 LR 2
Sponsored