Installing Drop in Bedliner after Retrax Tonneau Cover

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Retrax cover was delivered to me a few days ago however Ford has screwd up my bed liner order. I ordered it online a week ago and was giving a track but it is not a real track number Ford is looking at it but exspects it take a week before I get more info on where the order went

If I install my retrax cover should I be able to slide the liner under it? I assume with the canister I should exspect to need to unbolt the retrax and lift it up. Just thinking about how well I should align everything
Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I would personally wait until you receive the drop-in liner. It will more than likely save you some time and frustrations. JMO.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I would personally wait until you receive the drop-in liner. It will more than likely save you some time and frustrations. JMO.
Likely true.. but ford cant even tell me for a week where my order is. The track number on my order is some frieght order number. So maybe it is going to the dealer. But dealer says this is shipipng ford direct. It could a while before this works itself out.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I would wait. I have the factory retractable cover. You would definitely need to remove the canister end of the cover to get the bed liner in. That would be a lot of extra work.

MichF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
You will need to remove all of the clamps at a minimum but most likely the entire thing. I'd personally wait. You also need to cut the drop in in the corners to get the "box" to slide in and drill for the drain hoses.
Sponsored