Sponsored

Installing 15-20 Upper Control Arms on a 2021 F-150?

jayfitzy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 STX
Occupation
Maintenance Test Pilot
I asked this on another forum with no response. Hopefully someone here has a legit answer. Has anyone installed 15-20 Upper control arms yet on a 2021. I am waiting for my Bilstein 6112 / 5160 and a set of BDS UCA's to come in. Are a set of BDS UCA going to beneficial? I have a 2021 STX with a crew max short bed 4x4. Has anyone even installed aftermarket UCA's yet or am I going to be the Guinea pig?
Sponsored

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
If you're going to be running the 6112's you don't need to replace the UCA's. That setup uses a very small portion for actual lift and the rest is preload to help increase clearance for larger tires. I have that on my truck now.

Jake123

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Power linemen
Hello!

Do we know if prior year uca will fit? Regardless if he needs them or not.

Falcon front and rear shocks are on the way and I would like to find a set that fits, thanks!!!

tfrose

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 5.0, FX4, Oxford White
I’m wondering the same thing... I’d like to order 2020 UCAs for 2021 lift, but I’m not sure... Has anyone done this yet?

Dudeapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Rough Country UCAs fit, but there is no provision for the headlight adjustment sensor found on higher trim levels and a custom bracket must be fabricated to retain its functionality.

Sponsored

tfrose

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rough Country UCAs fit, but there is no provision for the headlight adjustment sensor found on higher trim levels and a custom bracket must be fabricated to retain its functionality.
Is the sensor
Thanks! Unfortunately RCs UCAs aren’t available until at least Mid May... They told me 4/15 when I ordered the lift, then sent me an email saying Mid May. Supposedly the UCAs are the hold up. So, I’ve ordered everything separately and am now needing UCAs.

tfrose

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It like “Iifts for less” has the BDS UCAs in stock... I’m not ordering until I know for sure though... These websites are very misleading saying they’ll ship within several days. Then they send an email after you order saying they’ll take longer...

Jake123

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Power linemen
I see fab tech has a 2021 uca that has a different part number than the previous generation uca. I wonder if anything if different? As soon as one of ya installs a set of any brand please let me know of everything works out :)

tfrose

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered the fab tech UCAs. Still waiting to receive them...

Sponsored

OP
OP

jayfitzy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 STX
Occupation
Maintenance Test Pilot
I have the BDS UCAs but I have yet to install them as I am still waiting on stage3 motorsports to send out my rims and tires and the Bilstien 6112s I orders back in early March.

Jake123

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Power linemen
Awsome let me know about the pre-21 bds! If thos work so should a set of icon with heim joints!

Shane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Hi Jay.
Just wondering if the Pre-21 UCAs from BDS worked for you? I am wondering if I can use mine I had on my 2019. Thank you

OP
OP

jayfitzy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 STX
Occupation
Maintenance Test Pilot
So I finally had time to install the Bilstein 6112 and BDS UCA's. The UCA's fit no problem. At full droop the UCA barely makes contact with the spindle. I then proceeded to drive around the block and the ride is noticeable nicer. I realize the UCA's didn't make a difference but they are substantially beefier. So far so good. I hope after a front end alignment I will have more to report. I am still not sure if it was worth the money for the UCA's until I know I can get a the truck fully aligned.
Sponsored