Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Nothing huge here, but I got around to installing my Bedrug XLT full bed mat and the bed extender from my old 2017 XLT 302A.

Install was simple for both. I can confirm the older model bed extender works on the 2021 although there is no predrilled hole the taligate for the drop down pin when the extender is deployed. I had a full bed bedrug liner in my 2017 and opted to just go with the mat this go round. It makes it easy just to pull the whole mat out in the event I want to wash it and let it dry. About my only slight complaint with the mat is there is larger gapping between the mat and around the wheel wells than I would like. Outside of this issue I would definitely recommend both products as I've found them incredibly useful the past five years.

Ford F-150 Installed Bedrug XLT Mat and Bed Extender 20210402_114001

Ford F-150 Installed Bedrug XLT Mat and Bed Extender 20210402_113843

Ford F-150 Installed Bedrug XLT Mat and Bed Extender 20210402_113811

Ford F-150 Installed Bedrug XLT Mat and Bed Extender 20210402_113750
Sponsored

Last edited:

cogatti

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 King Ranch
Occupation
retired
I was advised NOT to get a "Bed Rug".......since most bed cover are not "waterproof".....water gets soaked into the Bedrug like a sponge, and unless you want to open your bed cover up each time it rains, the mat will not dry, and will stay "damp" all the time.....you might rethink your decision on the new truck....just get a "bed mat"...soft rubber

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was advised NOT to get a "Bed Rug".......since most bed cover are not "waterproof".....water gets soaked into the Bedrug like a sponge, and unless you want to open your bed cover up each time it rains, the mat will not dry, and will stay "damp" all the time.....you might rethink your decision on the new truck....just get a "bed mat"...soft rubber
had the full bedrug with same cover the past four years and was not a problem. Maybe if I lived in an area that rained most everyday, but it's been an excellent combination for central Texas

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I've had Bedrugs for years (first one in 1999 - Lightning) with and without tonneaus. All in Florida and the trucks sat outside 24/7. The foam is closed cell and doesn't absorb water like a "sponge". Never a problem and I might go a week or two with it closed up and it was a non-issue.
Whoever advised you didn't know what he was talking about or someone that didn't sell Bedrugs and wanted to sell you something else.

Last edited:

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
Nothing huge here, but I got around to installing my Bedrug XLT full bed mat and the bed extender from my old 2017 XLT 302A.

Install was simple for both. I can confirm the older model bed extender works on the 2021 although there is no predrilled hole the taligate for the drop down pin when the extender is deployed. I had a full bed bedrug liner in my 2017 and opted to just go with the mat this go round. It makes it easy just to pull the whole mat out in the event I want to wash it and let it dry. About my only slight complaint with the mat is there is larger gapping between the mat and around the wheel wells than I would like. Outside of this issue I would definitely recommend both products as I've found them incredibly useful the past five years.

20210402_114001.jpg

20210402_113843.jpg

20210402_113811.jpg

20210402_113750.jpg
Nice - does the tailgate step function with the bed mat over the tailgate?

Sponsored

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Looks like you and I have the same BAK X4S tonneau cover; I'm loving mine. Is that a Ford bed extender? Looks way more useful than Ford's bed divider, but I wonder if it will get in the way of my ProPower 7.2 outlets on the bed. Thanks!

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like you and I have the same BAK X4S tonneau cover; I'm loving mine. Is that a Ford bed extender? Looks way more useful than Ford's bed divider, but I wonder if it will get in the way of my ProPower 7.2 outlets on the bed. Thanks!
It is the Ford bed extender. It fits up next to the pro power outlets but you can fold it out away from the plugs when they're in use. It's a very nice accessory.

Last edited:

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
It is the Ford bed extender. It fills up next to the pro power outlets but you can fold it out away from the plugs when their in use. It's a very nice accessory.
Thanks! Heading to my dealer on Thursday to get one ordered.

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired

20210402_114001.jpg

20210402_113843.jpg

20210402_113811.jpg

20210402_113750.jpg
Curious if you have any complaints/issues with this mat in your brief use? Also other than price if their were specific reasons for the mat vs vs Bedrug liner? I finally have my truck and want to place an order - probably going with the mat only.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Curious if you have any complaints/issues with this mat in your brief use? Also other than price if their were specific reasons for the mat vs vs Bedrug liner? I finally have my truck and want to place an order - probably going with the mat only.

Had the full liner in my previous F150 and liked it. My only complaint was it was difficult to remove the liner to hose it off. Otherwise a very slick look. I went with the mat only this time because it can be easily removed. My only nitpick with the mat is I wish the cutout went closer to the edges of the wheel wells. They are a little wide and could let debris fall down there.. of course you can just easily remove it and sweep it out too. As a user now of both, I would recommend either to a potential buyer.
Sponsored