Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
How is the water tightness on these? Anyone have any leaks? (besides car washes)
Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
How is the water tightness on these? Anyone have any leaks? (besides car washes)
Well I guess I'll let you all know, just picked one up for $915 (including tax/shipping) from RealTrucks...

Last edited:

Vodkastains

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT FX4 Crew Cab
I well I guess I'll let you all know, just picked one up for $915 (including tax/shipping) from RealTrucks...
How did you get it for that, if you don't mind me asking? I want to order one, but the price in the cart is $1,048. I'd like to not overspend if I don't need to.

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
How did you get it for that, if you don't mind me asking? I want to order one, but the price in the cart is $1,048. I'd like to not overspend if I don't need to.
Email Alex at real truck and tell him you saw the posts in the f150 forum. He will get it for you at the lower price with free shipping. I just received mine a few days ago.
[email protected]

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Email Alex at real truck and tell him you saw the posts in the f150 forum. He will get it for you at the lower price with free shipping. I just received mine a few days ago.
alex.pendleton @realtruck.com
Yep, just email him. I paid him on Monday around noon, he/they shipped it that afternoon, and I should have it today. Better shipping times than Amazon to be honest.... edit: no fault of RealTrucks but FedEx set my package to the wrong warehouse. Wont be getting it today...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Incende

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Has anyone had issues with the bumpers intended to prevent the rolled x4s cover from striking the rear glass falling off? I cleaned the metal on the back of the cover and then wiped it down w/alcohol before I applied them. They seemed to be adhered pretty well at first but a few days later I opened the tailgate to find them on the floor of the bed.
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 20210617_090046

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
Yes. I had to purchase some double-sided thin VHB adhesive tape to re-attach them. The adhesive on the back of them stock sucks. It's not just the window bumper, it's all the bumpers.

That's been my only issue.

Has anyone had issues with the bumpers intended to prevent the rolled x4s cover from striking the rear glass falling off? I cleaned the metal on the back of the cover and then wiped it down w/alcohol before I applied them. They seemed to be adhered pretty well at first but a few days later I opened the tailgate to find them on the floor of the bed.
20210617_090046.jpg

Incende

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Yes. I had to purchase some double-sided thin VHB adhesive tape to re-attach them. The adhesive on the back of them stock sucks. It's not just the window bumper, it's all the bumpers.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for the info!

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for the info!
FWIW, this all sort of happened at the same time on a really hot day (90+) when I had the truck in the sun. The actual temp in the truck bed with the cover on was probably way hotter. So I think the tape or adhesive spray they use just fails in either very hot (and probably very cold) temps.

Incende

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
FWIW, this all sort of happened at the same time on a really hot day (90+) when I had the truck in the sun. The actual temp in the truck bed with the cover on was probably way hotter. So I think the tape or adhesive spray they use just fails in either very hot (and probably very cold) temps.
Yeah that follows my experience as well. We've had a couple 90+ days in a row this past week and I'm sure the black cover gets much warmer than that.

Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Yeah that follows my experience as well. We've had a couple 90+ days in a row this past week and I'm sure the black cover gets much warmer than that.
It’s not like that's exactly unforeseeable. In a hot streek this week, I'll be disappointed if it happens on mine. Have to check it out Saturday or so.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
It’s not like that's exactly unforeseeable. In a hot streek this week, I'll be disappointed if it happens on mine. Have to check it out Saturday or so.
Oh man, that's extremely disappointing. My (gen 1?) trifold backflip never had issues like that in the 7 years it sat outside. I going to guess the tape is not covered under the 5 year warranty because of the "structurally free" verbiage...

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I won't disagree it's dumb and foreseeable / preventable, but it is at least very easy to fix. The cover has been wonderful otherwise.

Oh man, that's extremely disappointing. My (gen 1?) trifold backflip never had issues like that in the 7 years it sat outside. I going to guess the tape is not covered under the 5 year warranty because of the "structurally free" verbiage...

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4

I didn't really see the point for these. When mine is rolled up the cover isn't very close to the cab. Yes they fell off too.

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Lol, I don't fight on the internet, but, wow, the absolute certainty you express while jumping to conclusions and being wrong at the same time is impressive! First, I did follow the instructions, including using the washers. Second, I took a look at the panels under the cover and found that one of the metal pieces isn't connected to the metal slats as it should be.

PXL_20210417_174154556.MP.jpg
I had this EXACT problem at the exact same spot. Real Trucks is doing a replacement for the entire system. I had to ship it back but as soon as I got it to Fedex, then they shipped a new one to me. I am still waiting on the new one. I assume it was a bad batch of these.
Sponsored