First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The X4s is the newest design revision of the X4. They tried to address the issues seen with the X4. If both cost the same, I'd go with the newest one (X4s)
Sponsored

clayjoe

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost Antimatter Blue two-tone
Occupation
Teacher
The x4s is all black (the aluminum under the cover is powder-coated black), and it has rubber under the aluminum rails rather than the glued felt of the x4. The x4s is all in all a better look. I put it on my truck. Looks real nice. It is a bit long on my 6.5' bed.

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
Thanks much for describing the differences between the X4 and X4s... I will most likely go for the X4s.

I just have one concern/question: Does this tonneau interfere with the operation of the power tailgate?

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
While I don't have the auto up tailgate, the auto down works fine. It is a bit tighter to close, but not bad.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
I'm very interested in purchasing one of these rolling covers for my truck, but I've not been able to find the difference between the X4 and X4s. Can you describe the differences, please? Or, point me to a page where I can find more info?

Thank you!
X4s had the new features I discuss in the original post... the only difference between the x2 and x4 was mate black finish on the top. You want the X4s to incorporate the improvements to the overall design.

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
can anyone tell me what they paid for their x4s cover on a 5.5 bed with the discount?

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Perfect, thanks. Ordering mine today!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Could someone with the X4s installed measure the height between the closed cover and bed? I'm still waiting on my truck and just wonder how tall something can be and still fit in the bed with the cover closed. I have a large cooler I want by to put in the bed on trips and I'm not sure there will be enough height for it.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Could someone with the X4s installed measure the height between the closed cover and bed? I'm still waiting on my truck and just wonder how tall something can be and still fit in the bed with the cover closed. I have a large cooler I want by to put in the bed on trips and I'm not sure there will be enough height for it.
I'm traveling but can measure Monday when I return from this trip.
Sponsored