OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
I ordered a Revolver X4s today from real truck for 22% off list (web site) price by reaching out to one of the sales guys on another f150 forum. shipped today and arrives Tuesday. Granted, it’s for the 6.5’ bed, so, don’t know if that is more or less available than the 5.5’ ones. But sub 1k for it is a heck of a deal.
I did the same and got mine through Real truck...Arrived four days later and received a substantial discount by reaching out through the forum.
Sponsored

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
This was my third purchase from Real Truck and I've never had an issue. Sorry you're having issues.
That’s good to know. It’s likely an issue on Truxedo’s side when they packed it. Wanted to get it on before a road trip. Any idea if I can grab them local anywhere?

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s good to know. It’s likely an issue on Truxedo’s side when they packed it. Wanted to get it on before a road trip. Any idea if I can grab them local anywhere?
unsure...my package shipped from real truck out of indiana. No clue i they have a brick and mortar store.

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Very nice. I had a soft rolling cover on my last truck. I have been leaning towards a folding, like the bakflip, but nice to know this is an option! Any idea how much it weighs vs. a folding cover, like the mx4?
Not exactly sure about weight of the rolling cover, but I can tell you the shipping weight of my X4S was 81 pounds. That includes the rails, hardware, and corrugated packaging materials. I opted for my X4S over any of the folding covers partly because of ease of opening, and partly because when fully opened, the X4S doesn't obscure rear view. Good luck with your decision; I'm wicked happy with this cover.

Matt12

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Malibu (and an ordered 2021 F150 Lariat)
Installed my new Revolver X4s truck cover on my Smoked Quartz King Ranch. I had a Revolver x2 on my previous 2017 XLT which I liked but it had a couple of flaws both of which have been addressed in the X4s.

I like the Revolver covers as they seem provide a little better security a typical tonneau cover. Constructed of aluminum allows an evenly distributed 300lbs on top of the cover when closed. I enjoy that when it's rolled up against the cab it doesn't block your entire view out the back window like most bakflip type covers.

The two problems I had with the original version centered around the heavy felt used on the backside of the cover that you used to roll up the cover. After a few hot summers in the Texas sun, the adhesive on the felt backing gave way and the felt came off of the cover. While Bak Industries had a replacement kit, based on reviews this adhesive also failed.

On the new X4s, they have ditched the felt and gone with a more rubberized material that seems to be attached much better than the original felt. Only time will tell how the new backing holds up, but at first blush this seems like a marked improvement.

The second problem with the original cover was the strap latches used to secure the rolled up cover at the front of the bed. These were typical plastic male/female buckle claps that proved awkward latching against the rolled cover. Bak has ditched the traditional buckles and gone with a T shape handle that's inserted into a slot and rotated 90 degress to lock it in. This seems much easier and more secure. Again nice improvement.

Last not really a failing of the original model, but a convenient improvement on the design are the plastic hand knobs rather the original metal nuts. This means the rollable cover can now be removed quickly and easily without the need for any tools.

So far I'm very happy with my purchase. Well done Bak/Truck Hero

Here are some pics.

20210323_160302.jpg

20210323_160437.jpg

20210323_160502.jpg

20210323_160506.jpg
This is great and thanks for the post. I'm between this and the Sentry CT. Is this Bakflip "removable" in that you can easily detach the rolled up portion if you wanted to use the entire bed? That seems to be the big distinguishing factor for me between the two products.

Sponsored

kds083

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I've been debating between the x4s and the sentry ct...biggest differences looks like vinyl vs a canvas type fabric on top. The ct might be easier to remove with just latches on the bottom compared to the nuts that go on the bottom of the x4s. Looks like the ct you have to lift the cover to close the tailgate...x4s you can leave the cover closed and close the gate?

I'm just thinking in the winter time even with all the snow removed if I need to roll it up the vinyl might be easier to damage from possible ice left over vs the canvas fabric? Any thoughts on that?

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
I've been debating between the x4s and the sentry ct...biggest differences looks like vinyl vs a canvas type fabric on top. The ct might be easier to remove with just latches on the bottom compared to the nuts that go on the bottom of the x4s. Looks like the ct you have to lift the cover to close the tailgate...x4s you can leave the cover closed and close the gate?

I'm just thinking in the winter time even with all the snow removed if I need to roll it up the vinyl might be easier to damage from possible ice left over vs the canvas fabric? Any thoughts on that?
The beauty of the X4S is that it attaches at the front bulkhead with what are essentially thumbscrews, so it's relatively easy to remove - without tools.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Just ordered...........................Great 22% off web price.............................Thanks, Terry

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is great and thanks for the post. I'm between this and the Sentry CT. Is this Bakflip "removable" in that you can easily detach the rolled up portion if you wanted to use the entire bed? That seems to be the big distinguishing factor for me between the two products.
yes. no tools needed... Four thumbscrews removed and it lifts out. My guess the rolled up part weighs 50-60lbs.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received another product yesterday from Real Truck..no issues whatsoever. I have no affiliation with this retailer.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Is there a coupon code for 22% off
No. You contact the vendor and they'll send you an invoice with the discounted price. I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped already. Should be here next week. Now if only my truck would ship that fast...

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
No. You contact the vendor and they'll send you an invoice with the discounted price. I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped already. Should be here next week. Now if only my truck would ship that fast...
I was thinking about the aluminum roller type. Like Retrax. But it looks like it's a more permanent install, heavier, and takes up a lot of real estate in my already short bed. Not ideal if I want to throw a motorcycle in the rear, and God forbid you dent & crease the container. You guys are saying great things about this style and it looks just as sharp maybe. I was thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'm not sure where to look or go for the terrific discount. Is there a secret handshake I need to learn? What forum or guy or site do I hit up? What's a good price. I already missed out on the X-Plan thing by not finding this forum before I bought lol. Anyone point me in the right direction?

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was thinking about the aluminum roller type. Like Retrax. But it looks like it's a more permanent install, heavier, and takes up a lot of real estate in my already short bed. Not ideal if I want to throw a motorcycle in the rear, and God forbid you dent & crease the container. You guys are saying great things about this style and it looks just as sharp maybe. I was thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'm not sure where to look or go for the terrific discount. Is there a secret handshake I need to learn? What forum or guy or site do I hit up? What's a good price. I already missed out on the X-Plan thing by not finding this forum before I bought lol. Anyone point me in the right direction?
go sign up at the other site.

f150forum. and go to marketplace. reach out thru pm or post in their section if they could do a member discount.
Sponsored