Sponsored

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
I’m thinking you got the wrong rails. I just installed mine last weekend and as long as they are snug up against the front of the bed, it fits perfectly. The only other thing that I can think of is if you put the weatherstripping on the “back” of the bed front rather than on top. There’s a few great YouTube videos on installing it they may give you a hint if you did something wrong
I think so too. When I talked to BAK they didn't seem to think it was too far out of the realm of possibility that they sent me the wrong one. I sent that one back and am patiently awaiting a shipping update on a new one, most recently pushed back 2 weeks...and my bed just collects dirt and snow :(. At least I got the LineX.
Sponsored

Sean80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor (on order)
Installed my new Revolver X4s truck cover on my Smoked Quartz King Ranch. I had a Revolver x2 on my previous 2017 XLT which I liked but it had a couple of flaws both of which have been addressed in the X4s.

I like the Revolver covers as they seem provide a little better security a typical tonneau cover. Constructed of aluminum allows an evenly distributed 300lbs on top of the cover when closed. I enjoy that when it's rolled up against the cab it doesn't block your entire view out the back window like most bakflip type covers.

The two problems I had with the original version centered around the heavy felt used on the backside of the cover that you used to roll up the cover. After a few hot summers in the Texas sun, the adhesive on the felt backing gave way and the felt came off of the cover. While Bak Industries had a replacement kit, based on reviews this adhesive also failed.

On the new X4s, they have ditched the felt and gone with a more rubberized material that seems to be attached much better than the original felt. Only time will tell how the new backing holds up, but at first blush this seems like a marked improvement.

The second problem with the original cover was the strap latches used to secure the rolled up cover at the front of the bed. These were typical plastic male/female buckle claps that proved awkward latching against the rolled cover. Bak has ditched the traditional buckles and gone with a T shape handle that's inserted into a slot and rotated 90 degress to lock it in. This seems much easier and more secure. Again nice improvement.

Last not really a failing of the original model, but a convenient improvement on the design are the plastic hand knobs rather the original metal nuts. This means the rollable cover can now be removed quickly and easily without the need for any tools.

So far I'm very happy with my purchase. Well done Bak/Truck Hero

Here are some pics.

20210323_160302.jpg

20210323_160437.jpg

20210323_160502.jpg

20210323_160506.jpg
Sorry to revive an older post.. I'm looking at this cover for my Tremor. Can you tell me how high above the bed rails it sits when rolled up? I want to know if it will roll up underneath the 12" Adarac crossbars.

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
I’m thinking you got the wrong rails. I just installed mine last weekend and as long as they are snug up against the front of the bed, it fits perfectly. The only other thing that I can think of is if you put the weatherstripping on the “back” of the bed front rather than on top. There’s a few great YouTube videos on installing it they may give you a hint if you did something wrong
Got the new one today, first thing I did was take one rail out and put in on the bed, noticing it was about an inch shorter than the last set I got and sat where I expected it to based on pictures people have posted. Install was MUCH easier with the right one!
I still think I need to add a washer or two to some of the hand tighten nuts where it attaches to the rail, but otherwise pretty excited!
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 20220120_144705

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Sorry to revive an older post.. I'm looking at this cover for my Tremor. Can you tell me how high above the bed rails it sits when rolled up? I want to know if it will roll up underneath the 12" Adarac crossbars.
Yes, it will clear the 12" Adarac crossbars. I'm getting ready to order the Adarac for my F-150 PB to carry bicycles - do you know if either the Yakima or Thule bike trays will work? Thanks.

Sean80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor (on order)
Yes, it will clear the 12" Adarac crossbars. I'm getting ready to order the Adarac for my F-150 PB to carry bicycles - do you know if either the Yakima or Thule bike trays will work? Thanks.
From what I understand, they are!
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover Screenshot_20220121-173746

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Is anyone else having issues where the rail meets the tailgate? Both my rails had the rubber coming off the rail when I closed the tailgate, looks like the adhesive wasn’t done properly. I managed to gorilla glue one side and don’t have issues anymore but the other side doesn’t seem to stick, anyone else having this issue?
D1AC4183-C02D-4B36-A746-0C22E463F041.jpeg
Installed mine today and yes, same issue as above with mine. Though I don't expect this particular spot to seal well anyway, I do think a little firmer/denser seal material would be a better choice here.

Main (design/quality) issue I encountered was one of the corner trim pieces was broken during shipping. One of the attachment tabs was snapped and the alignment dowel was completely gone somewhere in the box. I already emailed them about it and I'm sure they'll send me a replacement, but I actually asked for an extra on each side because boy did they skimp out on the quality/thickness of the plastic in this spot. I recommend they strengthen the design of this high exposure part.

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover PXL_20220122_220847004

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover PXL_20220122_223120086

Other issue is the front attachment knobs are a good idea, but the threads are way tight on the embedded nuts... I like to think I have man hands, but it took a lot of twisting to get the knobs tight. No, they weren't cross threaded - all four of em were that way.

Finally, I'm using the Ford factory loading ramps (well, just one for dirt bikes) and had replaced the tailgate panel with the one for the loading ramps and had to take the angle grinder to remove some material from the piece the ramps slide on to clear the bed cover locking mechanism. Works fine now and mates with the seal well.

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover PXL_20220122_223515626

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover PXL_20220122_223526339

Otherwise quality and looks and fitment are quite good. We'll see how it holds up...

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover PXL_20220122_223129176

Tried multiple times to edit and delete this duplicate pic, won't let me

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover PXL_20220122_220847004

Last edited:

Grizzlee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch
I’m in the same group who thinks they got wrong rails and a top a little sort on width for my Bak x4s. Rails firm against bulkhead but stick so far out on rear tailgate will not close. When one side is securely locked in channel on side the other is not and can be lifted…. Heck top is nearly touching cab just to get latches aligned to the receiver latches. Frustrating to have to take all about and till next week to get Bak support.

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover F57019A1-2E0F-408C-8B9B-8C67BF74B125
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 8E5C1261-3B4D-4B18-A884-C5653400A0BE
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 162EE178-475F-4C17-A9F9-AF64E38D04BF

Jabster

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Supercrew
I ordered mine today. Got it for $850 before taxes and free shipping(ordered from bakflip.com).
If anybody is still interested, just ask on the chat that you saw somebody on the forum getting this price. At least it worked for me.
I saw some folks getting it as low as $815 before taxes, but $850 still not too bad.
Another point is, the individual on the chat said it would take somewhere around 2-4 weeks to ship it, few minutes later got an email saying it will be delivered between 12/27th-31st.

Just ordered mine from Backflip.com as well .. $875 (+tax) Forum Price (they said material costs went up a bit which makes sense)

Cheers

Estevan62274

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver 2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB 4X4
I installed my BAK Revolver X4S
Love how clean and flush it fits?
Nice easy install, has no issues.
Thanks to all who have shared their info on the cover.

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover AF133FE5-453D-46EA-AB5A-0DCCEE986551
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 72A95736-0BD7-4DCF-94B0-F260A4FBE7B2

Last edited:

Billy231

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
I have had my X4S several months now and encountered similar results as many have mentioned here. I had called and explained my issues that the rail should run up flush with the front of the bed, and thats where water intrusion is the easiest location to get inside and that it does. For the money, the design is pretty crappy for that area. I will figure that out on my own once the weather warms up but its silly that the rails with rubber seals go as far to the back that they do and basically just in the way when closing the rear gate. the rubber peeled back after about 6 closures. I just cut the rubber seal off at the edge of the tailgate and now there is no issue in that regard.
When I called up the Bakflip service line, I was spoken to like a kid and they really didnt give a crap and told me they would offer a new gasket for the front seal which totally contradicts what the printed instructions show and tell how to use. I think its a design flaw and it would look/work much better if the rails with the seals went to the front bed edge. The 1"+ gap looks horrible and is the water intrusion location fail.
Another call to them will occur soon to share my displeasure.

Sponsored

Mike G-Man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 1969 Mustang 428CJ
Occupation
Fed
Does anyone here have the drop-in bedliner and did it affect the installation? This cover is on my short list so I'd like to be sure the drop in liner doesn't cause any problems.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Does anyone here have the drop-in bedliner and did it affect the installation? This cover is on my short list so I'd like to be sure the drop in liner doesn't cause any problems.
I put in a BedRug bed liner in my 2018 after installing my TruXedo Sentry CT a few weeks before and had no issues with clearance. I can’t imagine a drop in liner being much thicker, if at all, than the Bedrug or the tolerances between the TruXedo and Revolver being much different. Sometimes you just gotta be the guinea pig though. Lol.

Billy231

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
If I recall the bedliner at the front has a lip that goes up and over the front panel of the bed. I would think that are would be an issue for a proper seal and keep the liner from sitting flush.
I would call Bakflip and get a tech on the phone and ask there.

Mike G-Man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 1969 Mustang 428CJ
Occupation
Fed
If I recall the bedliner at the front has a lip that goes up and over the front panel of the bed. I would think that are would be an issue for a proper seal and keep the liner from sitting flush.
I would call Bakflip and get a tech on the phone and ask there.
Thanks for the reply. I did call and told them about that front lip. They were more concerned with the sides than the front and said there wouldn't be a problem. Still, I know how salesmen work and would rather trust someone's real world experience.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Any other stake pocket bed rack systems out there with roll-up/folding tonneau cover compatibility (not Retrax Pro rail)? Seems like Adarac is the only option. Surprising too, as I would think there’d be a huge market for this - missed opportunity from Thule & Yakima.
Sponsored