Sponsored

K-Rob3

First Name
K-Rob3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502a Fx4
Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that earlier in this thread. I actually have some around in my garage I can use. Thanks!
Thanks for the tips. I ordered the same cover and its arriving next week. Ill pick up some silicon spray and hopefully that fixes it!
Sponsored

K-Rob3

First Name
K-Rob3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502a Fx4
Installed the Bak X4s cover over the weekend. So far, I really like it! I did have to use a shim to raise the back end of the rail a little so the tailgate could open/close without rubbing, but overall I like it.

The install only take 20 mins or so, but lining everything up so it fits snug takes a little extra time.
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover image2 (1)
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover image1 (1)

Billy231

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
I have had the X4S since last November. With the winter weather and all, one can easily see where this model needs improvements and I cannot understand why after so many improvements over previous models, the rails do not completely cover the front of the bed flush and hangover as far as they do at the rear. At the front, as others show in pics, thats where water intrusion seems to be the biggest entrance. Given with the kit, is small square (sponge like) cushions. Something I will definitely be modifying soon. At the rear, after about a dozen times opening and closing the rear gate the rubber seal peels off. As of today, when the gate was closed I simply used a razor and cut off the excess.
Bakflip customer service is somewhat helpful, but they arent very gracious when asked about the reasons as I have stated here. They were brief, asked my shipping address and shipped me a new gasket from the bed/cab end of the cover, which totally contradicts the installation instructions for which gasket to use. I did the swap and followed the "newer design" which resulted in a less water intrusion but feel the rail ends are likely the culprit with the sponge-like square they supply for install. Maybe a more dense rubber part can be modified and siliconed in place to fix that.
For the price of these things, I would expect much better designs (2nd/3rd versions) and for Bakflip be receptive to being asked about the issues at hand.
Overall, I like the product but definitely needs improvement at the front and rear locations.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I have yet to get any water infiltration on mine at the cab end of the bed. Around the tailgate I do have, but it's a difficult spot to seal.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Thanks for the tips. I ordered the same cover and its arriving next week. Ill pick up some silicon spray and hopefully that fixes it!
Just an update, I applied some silicone spray and that seemed to do the trick. I occasionally have to adjust the seal, but for the most part they seal properly every time I close the tailgate.

Sponsored

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Installed the Bak X4s cover over the weekend. So far, I really like it! I did have to use a shim to raise the back end of the rail a little so the tailgate could open/close without rubbing, but overall I like it.

The install only take 20 mins or so, but lining everything up so it fits snug takes a little extra time.
image2 (1).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg
I’m about to pull the trigger on one of these but the “rubbing” on the back at the tailgate is concerning - am I understanding correctly that you just shimmed the rear of the rails to get an extra bit of clearance between the rail and tailgate so that doesn’t happen? Does it still seal well/keep water out with that in place?

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Went ahead and ordered - Realtruck was great to work with, chatted for a nice discount plus at the time they had a $150 rebate. Shipped quick and arrived a few days ago… just need a truck to put it on.
Sponsored