First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2012 Mustang GT
Occupation
Retail
So the only thing I liked better/wished my XLT had that the Lariat does are the leather seats and the taillights. Im a sucker for the running light strip. Couldn’t bring myself to spend the the extra 8-10k since I can put leather in the truck for a modest price. I’m wondering if the Lariat taillights would be plug and play on a XLT? Not something I’m going to worry with now, but maybe in a year or 2 when take offs pop up on eBay.
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
And I like the XLT taillights better than any of the others.
I have never cared for white on the taillights except for backup.
XL, and Lariat + all have lamps that appear white from the rear.

Never cared for the rear amber turn either.

To which others would say, “ but that’s the way Europe and most other countries do it.”
My reply——“I’m not in Europe or any other country for that matter, why be like them?”

Gabes

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7 EB, 2021 F150 PB
Occupation
Machinist
I agree. Anyone with a Lariat want to trade? Or does anyone make an aftermarket one similar?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Thanks for sharing that I have been looking for something to do this with. I did this with a Chevy truck before and it wasn’t that hard to do. I am seeing with Ford it requires FORscan though. Is that very expensive to gain the ability to do?

Sponsored

supamonks

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
This website sells a conversion harness:

https://www.boostedgreygoosedesigns...blis-to-full-led-blis-conversion-adapter-sets

I believe he is also a forum member.

I am not as worried about the taillights as the awful halogen headlights, where I live, nearly every car has the LED headlights and I feel like I am driving around with my headlights off.
I messaged this guy. Really nice!

I also looked at https://www.f150leds.com/collections/2021-f150

Shot them a message because they have harnesses for pretty much everything except the taillights. But they messaged back saying they are currently developing a harness for the taillights to run LED in the factory XLT style units.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Thanks for sharing...I am seeing with Ford it requires FORscan though. Is that very expensive to gain the ability to do?
I have zero experience in the matter, however, for previous generation trucks, there’s a ton of information and experience in their respective forums.

I believe that the software is available in a free trial version but you need a laptop and the required interfacing hardware.
Sponsored