First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Sitting around tonight reading the forum when I remembered my Tonneau cover arrived today....so.....mix a whiskey sour and head to the garage. This is my install and review of the Truxedo ProX15. Soft roll up cover. My last truck I also ran a Truxedo but it was the low pro model. Not the ProX15. I decided to spend a whole $50 more and try the ProX15. Box arrived today.
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImageWYxhUO

Upacked, not much to it. Two rails, the "header" cover combo and some sealing tape.
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImageDKtNUz

Install the seal tape where the bed meets the cab, Then pre fit the side rails.
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImageqzMG1a

Each side has three easy to install adjustable clamps. Install loosely at first then tighten all when you are happy. Two people would be easier to do this, but my kids are too cool to help dad, so it was just me and my whiskey sour. Hold tight,,,,I need to run back into the house and mix one more.......
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImages90dcD

Set the header in place that includes the cover, Slide the brackets that connect the cover over, and your set. Just an FYI for those that don't know. You can remove the covers in about 30 seconds when not needed or in the way. Install is another 30 seconds.
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImages90dcD

Now unroll the cover, check to see how it fits. You might need to adjust the tension. I was lucky and didn't. No big deal if you do. A simple flat blade screwdriver does the trick. Then work the velcro down on each side, Pulling the minimal wrinkles out. Snap the cover closed in the back and shut your gate. I know some do the gate first, in my case it worked better to close the top first.
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImagefalzld
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImageGp4i2N
Ford F-150 Install and initial review Truxedo ProX15 tempImagetuXv4x

The fabric finish is a step up from my last cover. We will see how it lasts, and how easy it is to keep clean. My last Truxedo lasted 6 years with zero issues. I had no water in my bed when it rained and it provided some security for items in the bed. (Out of site, out of mind-Kept the honest people honest). I will now let the sun heat it up a few times, and make adjustments if needed.
Lastly, I know my truck is dirty. Its raining in Minnesota, its spring, and we have mud, dirt, etc....I will wash it when the sun appears again. Cheers everyone. Time for one last whiskey sour. Oh yeah , total time for install 30 minutes. My level of experience I would say if moderately advanced.
Sponsored

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Awesome write up. Most people seem to post videos for stuff like this. I miss the old style forum write up with pics

OP
OP

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
After the sun hit it recently, It worked out the few little wrinkles near the bulkhead. After a week I am totally thrilled. Better than the low pro by truxedo. Worth the extra few $$.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Adding my thanks for the write-up as well. My Truxedo Pro X-15 is on the UPS truck, out for delivery today. Should have it here shortly. I'm also getting the retractable Bull Rings tie downs that arrive tomorrow. I'm going to have to check and see if they might need to be installed first as I'm not positive if the Truxedo will block their installation. From pictures online, I know the Truxedo won't interfere once they are installed, but having the cover on first might make it harder to install the Bull Rings. Worst case is I put the cover on tomorrow instead of today.

Sponsored

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 eco Space White
Nice write up OP. I ordered the Pro X15 from a dealer in town. Deciders for me were the low cost compared to the tri-fold options and the low profile look this cover offers. Dealer said it's backordered a couple weeks. I'll take a few pics and post to this thread after I get it installed. I paid $465 plus tax. Felt like a deal. Thought I'd throw that out there too.

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
Question on the pro x15 AND the sentry ct... I used to have a regular truxedo cover and the thing I liked least about it was that after closing the cover at the tailgate I needed to push down the Velcro the length of both sides. Not really a super big deal, but I'm curious if these models automatically Velcro themselves or do you still have to press the Velcro along the length of each side of the bed. Thx.

Jaysogauch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jakayla Lindgren
Sitting around tonight reading the forum when I remembered my Tonneau cover arrived today....so.....mix a whiskey sour and head to the garage. This is my install and review of the Truxedo ProX15. Soft roll up cover. My last truck I also ran a Truxedo but it was the low pro model. Not the ProX15. I decided to spend a whole $50 more and try the ProX15. Box arrived today.
tempImageWYxhUO.png

Upacked, not much to it. Two rails, the "header" cover combo and some sealing tape.
tempImageDKtNUz.png

Install the seal tape where the bed meets the cab, Then pre fit the side rails.
tempImageqzMG1a.png

Each side has three easy to install adjustable clamps. Install loosely at first then tighten all when you are happy. Two people would be easier to do this, but my kids are too cool to help dad, so it was just me and my whiskey sour. Hold tight,,,,I need to run back into the house and mix one more.......
tempImages90dcD.png

Set the header in place that includes the cover, Slide the brackets that connect the cover over, and your set. Just an FYI for those that don't know. You can remove the covers in about 30 seconds when not needed or in the way. Install is another 30 seconds.
tempImages90dcD.png

Now unroll the cover, check to see how it fits. You might need to adjust the tension. I was lucky and didn't. No big deal if you do. A simple flat blade screwdriver does the trick. Then work the velcro down on each side, Pulling the minimal wrinkles out. Snap the cover closed in the back and shut your gate. I know some do the gate first, in my case it worked better to close the top first.
tempImagefalzld.png
tempImageGp4i2N.png
tempImagetuXv4x.png

The fabric finish is a step up from my last cover. We will see how it lasts, and how easy it is to keep clean. My last Truxedo lasted 6 years with zero issues. I had no water in my bed when it rained and it provided some security for items in the bed. (Out of site, out of mind-Kept the honest people honest). I will now let the sun heat it up a few times, and make adjustments if needed.
Lastly, I know my truck is dirty. Its raining in Minnesota, its spring, and we have mud, dirt, etc....I will wash it when the sun appears again. Cheers everyone. Time for one last whiskey sour. Oh yeah , total time for install 30 minutes. My level of experience I would say if moderately advanced.
Since the sun's recent exposure, the product managed to smooth out the few minor wrinkles near the bulkhead. Now, after a week of use, I'm absolutely delighted with the results. It surpasses the low pro by truxedo, making it well worth the extra money.
Sponsored