Sponsored

Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum)

NO LIMITS

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Self Employed
Hello everyone. Test drove the F-150 Powerboost the other day and have been busy building them online ever since. I'm not a fan of chrome and really like the Sport Package on the Lariat trim. I'm planning to go Carbonized Grey exterior, but I've also been thinking I like the look of the Platinum interior and especially the grille shape and higher level leather in the Platinum. But I really, really dislike the rims on the Platinum. I really dislike not getting a wireless charger in the Lariat.

Options - 1) Build the Lariat (sport) and deal with the wireless charger delete, etc. 2) Build the Platinum and vinyl wrap the chrome black or matte and buy new dark gray/black rims. I also like the Carmelo (tan/orange/light brown) interior color on the Platinum but not so sure that would look good with the Carbonized Grey exterior. I could see being ok with having the black exterior (and leaving the chrome) in the Platinum but ideally I like that Carbonized Grey. Those rims though are so ugly.

Any input appreciated!
Split the difference and order a Limited. It has satin finished aluminum trim instead of chrome, no stickers (4x4 decals) on the side and painted bumpers and mirrors. However, if you need Fx4 or Max trailer tow packages, no dice. I also recommend ordering without the under carriage rust package.
Sponsored

pdean21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Hello everyone. Test drove the F-150 Powerboost the other day and have been busy building them online ever since. I'm not a fan of chrome and really like the Sport Package on the Lariat trim. I'm planning to go Carbonized Grey exterior, but I've also been thinking I like the look of the Platinum interior and especially the grille shape and higher level leather in the Platinum. But I really, really dislike the rims on the Platinum. I really dislike not getting a wireless charger in the Lariat.

Options - 1) Build the Lariat (sport) and deal with the wireless charger delete, etc. 2) Build the Platinum and vinyl wrap the chrome black or matte and buy new dark gray/black rims. I also like the Carmelo (tan/orange/light brown) interior color on the Platinum but not so sure that would look good with the Carbonized Grey exterior. I could see being ok with having the black exterior (and leaving the chrome) in the Platinum but ideally I like that Carbonized Grey. Those rims though are so ugly.

Any input appreciated!
I went Platinum and wrapped/powder coated the chrome. Door handles and tow hooks will be done this week.

Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) IMG_6483.JPG

Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) IMG_6484.JPG

Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) IMG_6485.JPG

pdean21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I went Platinum and wrapped/powder coated the chrome. Door handles and tow hooks will be done this week.

IMG_6483.JPG

IMG_6484.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG
The trade in difference between a Platinum vs. Lariat is what was my deciding factor.

elliott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 SuperCrew Powerboost Lariat

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
Which engine, and what's your payload requirement? I wrestled with the exact same decision OP. As many have already stated, Lariat 502A isn't a bad choice. I want the PowerBoost engine, and a loaded Platinum with PB absolutely crushed the available payload. What drove my decision ultimately was this Payload sticker:

My loaded Larait 502A Powerboost is 1308 lbs, so payloads are about the same. Just FYI.

Sponsored

ryken

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Sport; '19 Honda Odyssey
My loaded Larait 502A Powerboost is 1308 lbs, so payloads are about the same. Just FYI.
My 502A PB is at 1534. I don't have power tailgate, power running boards, FX4 or Active 2.0, but I have pretty much everything else (7.2kw, roof, unleashed, 360 camera, max tow). You can get a little more payload with the 502a while retaining most of the luxury.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
My 502A PB is at 1534. I don't have power tailgate, power running boards, FX4 or Active 2.0, but I have pretty much everything else (7.2kw, roof, unleashed, 360 camera, max tow). You can get a little more payload with the 502a while retaining most of the luxury.
Yep, but payload was of no concern to me. Options tack on the pounds quick.

Churchill

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Construction Manager
Please, love the truck. Looks great, I plan on doing the same to mine when I pick it up this week.

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I think the King Ranch is the most underrated out of the uppity trims. They've definitely toned down the yeehaw in the last few years and started to appeal to more masses. If I was in the market for one of the luxe trims above the Lariat I'd be looking into a King Ranch two-tone without chrome package.

Churchill

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Construction Manager
I decided to go with the Platinum and I couldn't be happier.
Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) 20210720_164407

Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) 20210720_164442

Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) 20210720_164435

Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) 20210720_164425

Ford F-150 Input on Trim Decision, please? (Lariat v Platinum) 20210720_164339

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert

Any input appreciated!
If I were you, I'd go with option 2. You can always find wheels and sell the Ford rims. I love my Carmelo interior on my Platinum PB (AntimatterBlue) and I think the Platinum has the best looking grille. Me, I'm old school (and old, for that matter) - and I love all the chrome on my F-150. And, yeah, the wireless charger can't suck enough; I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Sponsored