First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I found a very reliable source close to Ford that answered some questions I had about the King Ranch Interior, so here is what I've got:

The Leather does have a light topcoat on it like most automotive grade leather, so it should not be as big of a chore to maintain as the original early model King Ranch trucks that used aniline died uncoated leather that required frequent cleaning and conditioning. Any automotive grade leather cleaning and conditioning products will work well on the King Ranch seats. I believe this type of leather has been used in the KR trucks since about 2012, or so, so someone like Bob can probably confirm how well the current leather holds up, and what products if any they used to keep them looking good.

The real Sapelle wood trim also has a matte / semi-gloss topcoat as well, so no oil needs to be applied to keep it looking good. It really looked like an oil finish in person, so I wondered if we needed to keep it oiled so it wouldn't dry out.

Finally, I got confirmation that the Max Recline Seats come both with and without the massage function. So for people like me that ordered a 600A Base King Ranch with the Max Recline Seats, our seats will not have the multi-contour massage function. Kind of bummed, but not that surprised.

The KR 601A and up will have the massage function in their Max Recline Seats.

Most of these things are questions no one else probably would have cared much to ask, so I know they are not particularly useful to the forum, but I thought I'd pass them along anyway.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I found a very reliable source close to Ford that answered some questions I had about the King Ranch Interior, so here is what I've got:

The Leather does have a light topcoat on it like most automotive grade leather, so it should not be as big of a chore to maintain as the original early model King Ranch trucks that used aniline died uncoated leather that required frequent cleaning and conditioning. Any automotive grade leather cleaning and conditioning products will work well on the King Ranch seats. I believe this type of leather has been used in the KR trucks since about 2012, or so, so someone like Bob can probably confirm how well the current leather holds up, and what products if any they used to keep them looking good.

The real Sapelle wood trim also has a matte / semi-gloss topcoat as well, so no oil needs to be applied to keep it looking good. It really looked like an oil finish in person, so I wondered if we needed to keep it oiled so it wouldn't dry out.

Finally, I got confirmation that the Max Recline Seats come both with and without the massage function. So for people like me that ordered a 600A Base King Ranch with the Max Recline Seats, our seats will not have the multi-contour massage function. Kind of bummed, but not that surprised.

Most of these things are questions no one else probably would have cared much to ask, so I know they are not particularly useful to the forum, but I thought I'd pass them along anyway.

Cheers!
I would be one that definitely does care! My truck is going to be spoiled just like my previous vehicles. Leathers get a top grade cleaner and conditioner. Plastics, vinyls, and rubbers also get cleaned. Don’t event get me started on the outside! ? Looking at doing a ceramic coat for the first time with this truck.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I would be one that definitely does care! My truck is going to be spoiled just like my previous vehicles. Leathers get a top grade cleaner and conditioner. Plastics, vinyls, and rubbers also get cleaned. Don’t event get me started on the outside! ? Looking at doing a ceramic coat for the first time with this truck.
What do you use on your leather?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What do you use on your leather?
Lexol cleaner (orange bottle) with one applicator pad and then Lexol conditioner (brown bottle) with a separate applicator pad. It’s disgusting to see a white pad turn black and brown after you scrub high contact areas like the steering wheel and gear shift. It’s easy to forget how much crud and dirt gets on an interior!

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Lexol cleaner (orange bottle) with one applicator pad and then Lexol conditioner (brown bottle) with a separate applicator pad. It’s disgusting to see a white pad turn black and brown after you scrub high contact areas like the steering wheel and gear shift. It’s easy to forget how much crud and dirt gets on an interior!
Thanks Kyle

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I used Lexol for years, but switched to Griot's a few years back. Really good products, easy application, and leaves the leather very supple.

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Cheers!
Good work Roger!

This is going to be waaaay more than you asked for but I'm board and you hit a subject near and dear to me. I'm no expert, just, afraid to say, been around for awhile now.

I am anal with the care of my vehicles, inside and out.

The drive I went to in Atlanta did not have a KR so I was not sure it was similar to my 2018, so Roger confirms that now. It is a very good leather but does require cleaning and conditioning to last as you all know.

I have gone through many different products with the leather and wax I use and find many work well but have settled into my favorites. First priority for me of course is how well they do the job I purchased them for. Second would be ease of application and use, Last is price.

Fortuity the good stuff does not have to break your wallet. I don't really consider longevity very much for I don't mind a wax that needs to applied often, as long as it is easy to apply and performs well. There many out there that I have used that meet this criteria.

Even though I don't usually keep my vehicles very long, I take care of them as if I do, till they turn to dust. Makes them desirable used and I like driving a vehicle that looks new all the time.

Lexol is good and I have used it in the past and liked it. Now I'm using Leather Milk, just liking it better. Never use a product with petroleum in it.

You can see the products I'm currently using, most for awhile now but I try new stuff here and there. If its better, I start using it, if not, I don't of course. No telling how much money I have spent on such products. Lol

I use a boar hair wash brush, nothing better.

I air blow my vehicles after washing, I don't wipe dry and never, ever, let it sit to dry. This is an 8hp blower and you can dry a big truck, spot free in 5 to 6 minutes, including the tires and wheels. Wash in shade of course.

The Final Touch wax has been with me for a long time now, found it when we had Harley bikes. I have tried many of this type and most do well to very well but I keep coming back to my Final Touch. I have recently been also using the Adams spray wax in conjunction with Final Touch. I'm really liking both so rather than dropping one for the other, I alternate. In some way they seem to enhance the other.

When I get a new car I like to put a good paste wax base coat down and then use my spray waxes on top of that.

Nu Finish, believe it or not, has the longest lasting formula of any I have tried and of an extensive test done by someone I know on You Tube. Best test I had seen and he used all the latest waxes, over the counter ceramics, etc. 30 in all I believe. He taped off a car hood, applied the products and then set it out in the yard on saw horses or something. Almost weekly, he would wash the hood and check water run off and beading. He did this for about a year and was still going last time I checked. The Nu Finish beat them all.

I don't want a cleaner with my spray wax, just the wax. If I need to clean a spot after my wash I use the Nu Finish and then spray.

The black plastics/trim pieces, I use Trim Serum, haven't been using it long but it is way better than the others I had been using. Has UV shield and many don't and it doesn't leave greasy film that dust can stick to.

I like to use Shout on the black rubber wheels. Spray on, wait a few minutes, brush it and spray off. Don't let it dry. If you have a pressure washer out, you don't have to brush it, just spray. I don't do this every time I wash, just when the tires start needing a cleaning. I don't use any tire dressing, most of them just attract and hold dirt.

I have chrome wheels but even if I didn't, I like using Wheel Repellent, makes it easier to clean the wheels, it's like a wax for wheels. I also like how it is just wash wheels, dry and then just spray a light coat. I do this about every month or so.

There you have it, I told you, you hit a tic spot for me and you paid the price. :ROFLMAO:

As mentioned, no expert, just a novice and still learning, very sorry for going overboard...??

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094322

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094243

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094313

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094207

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094218

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094345

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094330

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094147

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094136

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_094200

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 20201113_095252

OP
OP
Roger350

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Bob I knew you'd have some great information. I'm going to have to check out all those products. Do those Leather Milk products have any "saddle leather" scent added to them. My wife loves that smell, so she was a little bummed when I told her that her new truck was just going to have regular car leather and not the stuff from the KR Saddle Shop that smells "good."

I have that same car dryer. Funny story, my old boss' boss, my director at the time, bought it for his M3. He grew tired of how much space it took up, and when the "new" wore off on the car, he asked me if I'd want it for my EVO. I said sure, since I thought he was giving it to me since he was loaded. Instead he was selling it to me for $100. Once I figured that out, there was no way to back out of it, without looking like an idiot or worse, so $100 later it was mine. I do agree it works really well, but I laugh every time I use it. It does take up a bunch of space, but I like how you have it mounted on the wall. Have to wear ear plugs every time I use it the thing is so loud especially when you get it blowing into a tight crevice, but it sure dries the car well. If that thing was convertible into a high powered vacuum for cleaning the interior it would be incredible. I do use it to blow dust out of the interior, but it would be better if it would suck it all up.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bob I knew you'd have some great information. I'm going to have to check out all those products. Do those Leather Milk products have any "saddle leather" scent added to them. My wife loves that smell, so she was a little bummed when I told her that her new truck was just going to have regular car leather and not the stuff from the KR Saddle Shop that smells "good."

I have that same car dryer. Funny story, my old boss' boss, my director at the time, bought it for his M3. He grew tired of how much space it took up, and when the "new" wore off on the car, he asked me if I'd want it for my EVO. I said sure, since I thought he was giving it to me since he was loaded. Instead he was selling it to me for $100. Once I figured that out, there was no way to back out of it, without looking like an idiot or worse, so $100 later it was mine. I do agree it works really well, but I laugh every time I use it. It does take up a bunch of space, but I like how you have it mounted on the wall. Have to wear ear plugs every time I use it the thing is so loud especially when you get it blowing into a tight crevice, but it sure dries the car well. If that thing was convertible into a high powered vacuum for cleaning the interior it would be incredible. I do use it to blow dust out of the interior, but it would be better if it would suck it all up.
Well, I'm sure it was more than you wanted to know or read but like I said, it's a tick for me.?

The milk doesn't really have a scent after it's applied, I like just using my hands on the treatment to get it rubbed in real good. Let is soak in and damp cloth the rest up.

I really like that old unsealed leather, I had an F250 early 2000 that had that. It did take a lot of work to keep it cleaned and conditioned but I felt worth it.

That was a great buy on that blower! I purchased another hose so I had enough length to get everywhere and like you said, I use it inside instead of a vac. Does great on that also, I also use it to blow out my garage, so it has multiple uses.

Well worth hanging it up, I just mounted a bracket to a wall stud and use a ratchet to hold the blower. Looks weird I guess but I'm more about function. I use it A LOT!

I put up a stereo and just crank up the music and go to work. ?

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
I've been using NuFinish for over 20 years. It's been my go to wax/polish on all my vehicles. I tend to overwax my bikes. I once had my fairings custom painted and the painter wanted to know what I used because he said it's the toughest topcoat he had ever come across. Every few years, I try something new, but I haven't found anything that outlasts or outperforms NuFinish in the real world.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roger350

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I've been using NuFinish for over 20 years. It's been my go to wax/polish on all my vehicles. I tend to overwax my bikes. I once had my fairings custom painted and the painter wanted to know what I used because he said it's the toughest topcoat he had ever come across. Every few years, I try something new, but I haven't found anything that outlasts or outperforms NuFinish in the real world.
Do you use the paste form or the liquid?

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
Do you use the paste form or the liquid?
Liquid

I always follow the directions for a new car. Apply a decently heavy coating and let dry overnight. The next day, remove and polish it up. A week later, apply a second coat and polish per normal directions.

I learned something new last year. Use a damp cloth to apply and it'll make it much easier to remove. After the initial heavy coating, only a thin coat is needed.

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Liquid

I always follow the directions for a new car. Apply a decently heavy coating and let dry overnight. The next day, remove and polish it up. A week later, apply a second coat and polish per normal directions.

I learned something new last year. Use a damp cloth to apply and it'll make it much easier to remove. After the initial heavy coating, only a thin coat is needed.
You right with that. Learned the hard way the first time. ?

I have found using the spray waxes on top of the NuFinish makes it last and last and last. It never really gets exposed to anything for I have several coats on the other wax on top. Makes bugs real easy to get off.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good work Roger!

This is going to be waaaay more than you asked for but I'm board and you hit a subject near and dear to me. I'm no expert, just, afraid to say, been around for awhile now.

I am anal with the care of my vehicles, inside and out.

The drive I went to in Atlanta did not have a KR so I was not sure it was similar to my 2018, so Roger confirms that now. It is a very good leather but does require cleaning and conditioning to last as you all know.

I have gone through many different products with the leather and wax I use and find many work well but have settled into my favorites. First priority for me of course is how well they do the job I purchased them for. Second would be ease of application and use, Last is price.

Fortuity the good stuff does not have to break your wallet. I don't really consider longevity very much for I don't mind a wax that needs to applied often, as long as it is easy to apply and performs well. There many out there that I have used that meet this criteria.

Even though I don't usually keep my vehicles very long, I take care of them as if I do, till they turn to dust. Makes them desirable used and I like driving a vehicle that looks new all the time.

Lexol is good and I have used it in the past and liked it. Now I'm using Leather Milk, just liking it better. Never use a product with petroleum in it.

You can see the products I'm currently using, most for awhile now but I try new stuff here and there. If its better, I start using it, if not, I don't of course. No telling how much money I have spent on such products. Lol

I use a boar hair wash brush, nothing better.

I air blow my vehicles after washing, I don't wipe dry and never, ever, let it sit to dry. This is an 8hp blower and you can dry a big truck, spot free in 5 to 6 minutes, including the tires and wheels. Wash in shade of course.

The Final Touch wax has been with me for a long time now, found it when we had Harley bikes. I have tried many of this type and most do well to very well but I keep coming back to my Final Touch. I have recently been also using the Adams spray wax in conjunction with Final Touch. I'm really liking both so rather than dropping one for the other, I alternate. In some way they seem to enhance the other.

When I get a new car I like to put a good paste wax base coat down and then use my spray waxes on top of that.

Nu Finish, believe it or not, has the longest lasting formula of any I have tried and of an extensive test done by someone I know on You Tube. Best test I had seen and he used all the latest waxes, over the counter ceramics, etc. 30 in all I believe. He taped off a car hood, applied the products and then set it out in the yard on saw horses or something. Almost weekly, he would wash the hood and check water run off and beading. He did this for about a year and was still going last time I checked. The Nu Finish beat them all.

I don't want a cleaner with my spray wax, just the wax. If I need to clean a spot after my wash I use the Nu Finish and then spray.

The black plastics/trim pieces, I use Trim Serum, haven't been using it long but it is way better than the others I had been using. Has UV shield and many don't and it doesn't leave greasy film that dust can stick to.

I like to use Shout on the black rubber wheels. Spray on, wait a few minutes, brush it and spray off. Don't let it dry. If you have a pressure washer out, you don't have to brush it, just spray. I don't do this every time I wash, just when the tires start needing a cleaning. I don't use any tire dressing, most of them just attract and hold dirt.

I have chrome wheels but even if I didn't, I like using Wheel Repellent, makes it easier to clean the wheels, it's like a wax for wheels. I also like how it is just wash wheels, dry and then just spray a light coat. I do this about every month or so.

There you have it, I told you, you hit a tic spot for me and you paid the price. :ROFLMAO:

As mentioned, no expert, just a novice and still learning, very sorry for going overboard...??

20201113_094322.jpg

20201113_094243.jpg

20201113_094313.jpg

20201113_094207.jpg

20201113_094218.jpg

20201113_094345.jpg

20201113_094330.jpg

20201113_094147.jpg

20201113_094136.jpg

20201113_094200.jpg

20201113_095252.jpg
What kind of wash brush are you running? Looks like horse hair? Either looks a lot more soft and supple than mine!

Where can I get some of that Trim Serum? I’m all about trying to protect all of these cheap exterior plastics that manufacturers seem to keep adding.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For wax, I’ve been using 3M Performance Finish for years. I’d highly recommend it for a base coat. It’s a liquid synthetic, and gives a nice deep gloss. Love the beading from a fresh coat!!

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 75908E1B-3208-42FE-BD4E-615AE6B75EE9
Sponsored