First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
What kind of wash brush are you running? Looks like horse hair? Either looks a lot more soft and supple than mine!

Where can I get some of that Trim Serum? I’m all about trying to protect all of these cheap exterior plastics that manufacturers seem to keep adding.
It's a boar hair brush. They very expensive but last a life time. The bristles keep their shape and hold a ton of soap water. Much firmer than horse hair and very soft to paint. I've had mine about 20 years now. Nothing better for washing cars.

https://www.eriebrush.com/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=1142

I got the Serum at Amazon

There is a cermic spray wax (meguiars m688) I have ordered to test out. Been seeing some testing on youtube showing some very long lasting results. Even outlasted Nu Finish so will have to see about this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
My salesman asked me to consider GlassCoat while I wait for my order. I’ve read some about the warranty but I’ve had negative experience with third party warranties.

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 6C1A6723-6051-412A-9387-BA7F981147DF

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is off subject but these are a must have for every vehicle. This is the best brand I have found and with black Friday coming up a good time for a good deal. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for with this product.

I have one in each vehicle and have been using this model now for several years. Started out with some lesser China brand and the batteries swelled on me. I am tremendously impressed with this product!

I have not needed for my vehicles (I did on my mower though) but have helped about a dozen other folks including both my daughters. You can even use them on your cell phones and other USP power devices.

Much easier to use than jumper cables and easier to store. Only thing is, you need to top off their charge once per year. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me. Lol

Just want to throw this out in case any of you are not familiar with these. Shocked me a few years ago when I was first introduced to one. I thought how could something so small, jump a vehicle with dead battery. But they work fantastically

Hope this helps someone.

I guess this is my old Boy Scout years showing. :sneaky:

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-Ul...=Jyr7c&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi2d_asin_1_img

Last edited:

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
This is off subject but these are a must have for every vehicle. This is the best brand I have found and with black Friday coming up a good time for a good deal. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for with this product.

I have one in each vehicle and have been using this model now for several years. Started out with some lesser China brand and the batteries swelled on me. I am tremendously impressed with this product!

I have not needed for my vehicles (I did on my mower though) but have helped about a dozen other folks including both my daughters. You can even use them on your cell phones and other USP power devices.

Much easier to use than jumper cables and easier to store. Only thing is, you need to top off their charge once per year. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me. Lol

Just want to throw this out in case any of you are not familiar with these. Shocked me a few years ago when I was first introduced to one. I thought how could something so small jump a vehicle with dead battery. But they work fantastically

Hope this helps someone.

I guess this is my old Boy Scout years showing. :sneaky:

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-Ul...=Jyr7c&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi2d_asin_1_img
Thanks Bob!
I've been thinking about something like this for a while, and you just saved me from another search. ??

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
Anyone use GTECHNIQ products? I’m going to use their ceramic coating on the paint, glass sealer on the glass, and leather guard on the interior.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Anyone try this new product?
Nu Finish Ceramic Coating
I dunno. I’m researching professional detailers in my area to put on a heavy duty ceramic coat when I finally do get my truck. I know how to clay bar and wax a car pretty competently, but you can burn the paint and it’s clear coat if you do it incorrectly. Gives me nightmares just thinking about it! I’m not as well versed on the ceramic coat process, so I’ll likely defer to a professional.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is a bit off subject.

I have a couple of these NOCO car jumpers and will be using this sale to upgrade a couple of my unites to these more powerful models. All reviews so these are the best on the market and I have been using these for a couple of years now and love them.

The is a cyber sale and haven't seen at this price since Amazon's prime day sale and they sold out in a few hours.

I ordered two of the 150s, which is more than I need but for this price, you can't go wrong. The GB 70 is really all you need and a fantastic deal on both models.

The NOCO cases are very nice too. Make sure you match the case to the correct model for they are different sizes.

I don't think you will have long

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TKSSB8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-UltraSafe-Lithium-Gasoline/dp/B016UG6PWE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3F8DIVFVF8DW4&dchild=1&keywords=gb+70+genius+boost&qid=1606743446&sprefix=gb+70,aps,160&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOFBDUlJVN0s2UVRTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTgyMjI0MjFDSjYzVkg5MjNWUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODI5MjkzM1QzVzZNUE0wUFVBSCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GBC014-...2&sr=1-1-5e875a02-02b1-4426-9916-8a5c26cd5a14

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GBC015-...gb150+case&qid=1606743815&s=automotive&sr=1-4

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
This is a bit off subject.

I have a couple of these NOCO car jumpers and will be using this sale to upgrade a couple of my unites to these more powerful models. All reviews so these are the best on the market and I have been using these for a couple of years now and love them.

The is a cyber sale and haven't seen at this price since Amazon's prime day sale and they sold out in a few hours.

I ordered two of the 150s, which is more than I need but for this price, you can't go wrong. The GB 70 is really all you need and a fantastic deal on both models.

The NOCO cases are very nice too. Make sure you match the case to the correct model for they are different sizes.

I don't think you will have long

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TKSSB8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-UltraSafe-Lithium-Gasoline/dp/B016UG6PWE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3F8DIVFVF8DW4&dchild=1&keywords=gb+70+genius+boost&qid=1606743446&sprefix=gb+70,aps,160&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOFBDUlJVN0s2UVRTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTgyMjI0MjFDSjYzVkg5MjNWUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODI5MjkzM1QzVzZNUE0wUFVBSCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GBC014-...2&sr=1-1-5e875a02-02b1-4426-9916-8a5c26cd5a14

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GBC015-...gb150+case&qid=1606743815&s=automotive&sr=1-4
Nice find! Thanks for the lead. Hey I thought with the Powerboost we could jumpstart ourselves, ha ha:unsure:

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nice find! Thanks for the lead. Hey I thought with the Powerboost we could jumpstart ourselves, ha ha:unsure:
I'm sure you can if you fix something on the plug in side to bring it down to 12 volts.

I like these because they are the best and you don't have to use cables. You know, pulling your vehicle next to someone to jump them off. That is sometimes not even possible or a lot of trouble.

I have never had to use these for my autos (my mower twice) but have on several other folks. Most, I don't even know, they were just broke down.

It amazes me how big their eyes get when I bring this small thing over and I tell them it will jump the vehicle off. They can't believe it when it works.

One guy started taking photos of it after I jumped his truck off in a turning lane. He said he was for sure getting him one.

Seems to be a best kept secret for most people don't know what I'm talking about. Lol

Those cheap Chinese versions just don't last. The battery swells and they quite working. These are quality and American designed and very tough. They are well know in the trucking industry.

TXAGENT

First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
Good work Roger!

This is going to be waaaay more than you asked for but I'm board and you hit a subject near and dear to me. I'm no expert, just, afraid to say, been around for awhile now.

I am anal with the care of my vehicles, inside and out.

The drive I went to in Atlanta did not have a KR so I was not sure it was similar to my 2018, so Roger confirms that now. It is a very good leather but does require cleaning and conditioning to last as you all know.

I have gone through many different products with the leather and wax I use and find many work well but have settled into my favorites. First priority for me of course is how well they do the job I purchased them for. Second would be ease of application and use, Last is price.

Fortuity the good stuff does not have to break your wallet. I don't really consider longevity very much for I don't mind a wax that needs to applied often, as long as it is easy to apply and performs well. There many out there that I have used that meet this criteria.

Even though I don't usually keep my vehicles very long, I take care of them as if I do, till they turn to dust. Makes them desirable used and I like driving a vehicle that looks new all the time.

Lexol is good and I have used it in the past and liked it. Now I'm using Leather Milk, just liking it better. Never use a product with petroleum in it.

You can see the products I'm currently using, most for awhile now but I try new stuff here and there. If its better, I start using it, if not, I don't of course. No telling how much money I have spent on such products. Lol

I use a boar hair wash brush, nothing better.

I air blow my vehicles after washing, I don't wipe dry and never, ever, let it sit to dry. This is an 8hp blower and you can dry a big truck, spot free in 5 to 6 minutes, including the tires and wheels. Wash in shade of course.

The Final Touch wax has been with me for a long time now, found it when we had Harley bikes. I have tried many of this type and most do well to very well but I keep coming back to my Final Touch. I have recently been also using the Adams spray wax in conjunction with Final Touch. I'm really liking both so rather than dropping one for the other, I alternate. In some way they seem to enhance the other.

When I get a new car I like to put a good paste wax base coat down and then use my spray waxes on top of that.

Nu Finish, believe it or not, has the longest lasting formula of any I have tried and of an extensive test done by someone I know on You Tube. Best test I had seen and he used all the latest waxes, over the counter ceramics, etc. 30 in all I believe. He taped off a car hood, applied the products and then set it out in the yard on saw horses or something. Almost weekly, he would wash the hood and check water run off and beading. He did this for about a year and was still going last time I checked. The Nu Finish beat them all.

I don't want a cleaner with my spray wax, just the wax. If I need to clean a spot after my wash I use the Nu Finish and then spray.

The black plastics/trim pieces, I use Trim Serum, haven't been using it long but it is way better than the others I had been using. Has UV shield and many don't and it doesn't leave greasy film that dust can stick to.

I like to use Shout on the black rubber wheels. Spray on, wait a few minutes, brush it and spray off. Don't let it dry. If you have a pressure washer out, you don't have to brush it, just spray. I don't do this every time I wash, just when the tires start needing a cleaning. I don't use any tire dressing, most of them just attract and hold dirt.

I have chrome wheels but even if I didn't, I like using Wheel Repellent, makes it easier to clean the wheels, it's like a wax for wheels. I also like how it is just wash wheels, dry and then just spray a light coat. I do this about every month or so.

There you have it, I told you, you hit a tic spot for me and you paid the price. :ROFLMAO:

As mentioned, no expert, just a novice and still learning, very sorry for going overboard...??

20201113_094322.jpg

20201113_094243.jpg

20201113_094313.jpg

20201113_094207.jpg

20201113_094218.jpg

20201113_094345.jpg

20201113_094330.jpg

20201113_094147.jpg

20201113_094136.jpg

20201113_094200.jpg

20201113_095252.jpg
Bob, what are you using to clean the dashboard and interior doors? Also is there a certain leather milk that works best on the KR seats?
Thank you in advance for the info.

JG601A

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
Good work Roger!

This is going to be waaaay more than you asked for but I'm board and you hit a subject near and dear to me. I'm no expert, just, afraid to say, been around for awhile now.

I am anal with the care of my vehicles, inside and out.

The drive I went to in Atlanta did not have a KR so I was not sure it was similar to my 2018, so Roger confirms that now. It is a very good leather but does require cleaning and conditioning to last as you all know.

I have gone through many different products with the leather and wax I use and find many work well but have settled into my favorites. First priority for me of course is how well they do the job I purchased them for. Second would be ease of application and use, Last is price.

Fortuity the good stuff does not have to break your wallet. I don't really consider longevity very much for I don't mind a wax that needs to applied often, as long as it is easy to apply and performs well. There many out there that I have used that meet this criteria.

Even though I don't usually keep my vehicles very long, I take care of them as if I do, till they turn to dust. Makes them desirable used and I like driving a vehicle that looks new all the time.

Lexol is good and I have used it in the past and liked it. Now I'm using Leather Milk, just liking it better. Never use a product with petroleum in it.

You can see the products I'm currently using, most for awhile now but I try new stuff here and there. If its better, I start using it, if not, I don't of course. No telling how much money I have spent on such products. Lol

I use a boar hair wash brush, nothing better.

I air blow my vehicles after washing, I don't wipe dry and never, ever, let it sit to dry. This is an 8hp blower and you can dry a big truck, spot free in 5 to 6 minutes, including the tires and wheels. Wash in shade of course.

The Final Touch wax has been with me for a long time now, found it when we had Harley bikes. I have tried many of this type and most do well to very well but I keep coming back to my Final Touch. I have recently been also using the Adams spray wax in conjunction with Final Touch. I'm really liking both so rather than dropping one for the other, I alternate. In some way they seem to enhance the other.

When I get a new car I like to put a good paste wax base coat down and then use my spray waxes on top of that.

Nu Finish, believe it or not, has the longest lasting formula of any I have tried and of an extensive test done by someone I know on You Tube. Best test I had seen and he used all the latest waxes, over the counter ceramics, etc. 30 in all I believe. He taped off a car hood, applied the products and then set it out in the yard on saw horses or something. Almost weekly, he would wash the hood and check water run off and beading. He did this for about a year and was still going last time I checked. The Nu Finish beat them all.

I don't want a cleaner with my spray wax, just the wax. If I need to clean a spot after my wash I use the Nu Finish and then spray.

The black plastics/trim pieces, I use Trim Serum, haven't been using it long but it is way better than the others I had been using. Has UV shield and many don't and it doesn't leave greasy film that dust can stick to.

I like to use Shout on the black rubber wheels. Spray on, wait a few minutes, brush it and spray off. Don't let it dry. If you have a pressure washer out, you don't have to brush it, just spray. I don't do this every time I wash, just when the tires start needing a cleaning. I don't use any tire dressing, most of them just attract and hold dirt.

I have chrome wheels but even if I didn't, I like using Wheel Repellent, makes it easier to clean the wheels, it's like a wax for wheels. I also like how it is just wash wheels, dry and then just spray a light coat. I do this about every month or so.

There you have it, I told you, you hit a tic spot for me and you paid the price. :ROFLMAO:

As mentioned, no expert, just a novice and still learning, very sorry for going overboard...??

20201113_094322.jpg

20201113_094243.jpg

20201113_094313.jpg

20201113_094207.jpg

20201113_094218.jpg

20201113_094345.jpg

20201113_094330.jpg

20201113_094147.jpg

20201113_094136.jpg

20201113_094200.jpg

20201113_095252.jpg
Not going to lie, I’m new to the forum and with what I’ve read and learned over the past couple of weeks, I look for Bob’s insights and comments on each thread of interest. Thanks for your thoughts and viewpoints, sir. Now excuse me as I search the interweb and Amazon for all these items.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not going to lie, I’m new to the forum and with what I’ve read and learned over the past couple of weeks, I look for Bob’s insights and comments on each thread of interest. Thanks for your thoughts and viewpoints, sir. Now excuse me as I search the interweb and Amazon for all these items.
Thank you Jason, it's nice to know it helps others.

Since you are an engineer I think we could be using more of your expertise, hope you stay around and help!

I see you have a KR also, maybe you can help solve the noise the power-boards make? Lol

They are noticeable louder than my 2018 KR was. I have looked underneath to see what I could see. If you interested send me a PM, I have an idea but don't know if it will make a difference. Could use a sounding board and some idea's. Lol:sneaky:

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
CurryBob,

Like you I use a blower to dry my truck. I can get the jams, tailgate step, mirrors, etc. and best of all, no drips. And it only takes 5 minutes to completely dry with my 900 cfm backpack blower.

I have also been using Chemical Guys leather cleaner and condition with the horse hair brush to clean my interior.

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials Drying_Truck_Cropped
Sponsored